Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• "I Break Things"

Re: What merchandise item would you design for the park?

Quote Originally Posted by Lore View Post
    Frontierland should have minerals, guns, and tins, Indian trading goods
    On thing came to mind when I read this... The geode cutting shop at Knott's Berry Farm. I have several of them, so I can't really talk. But I find it amazing that people will line up to spend $10 or more to cut open a rock and see if it's hollow! Why Disney doesn't have one is beyond me because it would make a fortune. Same with the "pan for gold" concpet.

This is a bit of a selfish post. The one thing I really wanted actually was a pin collection. I wanted a set made of all the Jungle Cruise boat signs. Each individual sign would be approximately 3in by 1in, and appear similar to pilot's wings. If purchased as a set they would come with a display (cigar box or wall display of Jungle Cruise Trading Co board in shipping office). The full set would also come with 3 additional pins that would not be sold seperately... Mekong, Maggie, and the gold Congo from the 50th. Individual pins would be sold with a cardboard backing that had various facts about the river the boat was named after. These pins would only be sold in Adventureland. The main draw would be Mekong and Maggie... which would only be available with the whole set. I know many Skippers, past and present, who would appreciate this collection. I also know many people who have a favorite boat for a variety of reasons. Little girls and even grown women named Kate have been known to wait just so they can get a picture with the Kisser. Little girls dressed as princesses have also waited for the Amazon Belle. In some cases the memory is a "Honeymoon", in a couple cases someone proposed on the boat. Still others have a special memory of the first boat they were on. I actually made this pitch to Disney during the CM Create a Pin contest. Unfortunately my submission was a set, not an individual pin. Evidentally I got pretty far up in that contest... they sent me a letter about it but never made it.

Other then that I believe the clothing lines park wide should be expanded to larger sizes as well. I've read and heard many complaints from individuals who would purchase a product but it is not available in their size (even special order... isn't made in their size). I realize some styles have size limitations, and I wish Disney would work with designers to overcome them.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Diva Extrodinaire

More Fantasmic-themed merch, more men's stuff and mini figuring play sets. They were sold up until 2005 in WDW and I collected them. They were Polly Pocket-sized.
    ONE TWO THREE NOT ONLY YOU AND ME

I would love to see models of buildings and atrractions around Disneyland (with miniature people) and if you got enough you could have your own Disneyland play set!

• Launch sequence engaged

Quote Originally Posted by Lore View Post
    I'd love to see merchandise that supports the theme. Everything else can be moved out to the Disney Store and Downtown Disney.
    Wholeheartedly agreed. If Disney sold unique merchandise, I'm sure everyone would go crazy over well-designed goods and buy MORE. For their perceived love of guests purchasing merchandise and driving sales in their stores, I expected much better options under Paul Pressler and Cynthia Harriss. Seriously, at least let your greed contribute to unique merchandise. Even at higher prices, I would consider buying goods if themed shops with themed merchandise were offered.
    "You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try." ~ Homer Simpson

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

I would design apparel, from vintage attraction-inspired t-shirts to adult princess costumes! I close my eyes and I get ideas...

• A Pirate's Life For Me...

Way too far from the magic..Glendale, Arizona

They need more options for boys. I mean seriously, I know that the Pixies and the Princesses make a lot of money for Disney but can't they come up with better merchandise for boys? To me its a bit one sided... (unless it changed in the last 6 months) There are way more selections for girls than boys.

For me personally id like to see more attraction t shirts that arent so corny and obvious. To this day I still wear my ToT sweatshirt I bought years ago that says "Condemned" on the front and the collage logo on the back.

Thank you Poisonedapples for my my my signature!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123