Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

What merchandise item would you design for the park?

Time to get the imagination going.....it has been generally agreed, as far as the parks go, as far as non-high end/non-pin goes, Disneyland's merchandise has become a lot more generalized and not as fun/good lately. What would you do to remedy this? List your ideas here for fun new parks merch...can be attraction or character specific, as long as it is new. Have fun with this!

As for me.....being who I am... , I'd suggest a line of Haunted Mansion detailed action figures, in the six-inch range, with accessories...maybe to run about 10-15 dollars each, comparable to what you'd find the larger scale DC and Marvel universe figures for in normal retail chains. Imagine getting to purchase a well-sculpted Caretaker, with his lantern and shovel, a patch of ground, his dog, and the right entry post to the graveyard! Or Connie, with a chair and one of her husband's paintings with head-vanishing action, and alternate arms both holding and non holding the axe.

So what would you come up with, what would be some fun merchandise additions to the park?
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

• MiceChat News Team
    • Supervillan Extrodinaire

Blog Entries

Re: What merchandise item would you design for the park?

Several years ago they had t shirts and jackets with logos on them of the various rides. It would be nice to see those come back.
    Growing older is manditory
    Growing up is however, optional

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Action figures and ride vehicles with buildings and playsets that resemble the theme park buildings... There'd be figures based on the costumed characters and they'd be in scale with G.I.JOe so you can make them ride the rides if you wish.

I'd also want a line of disney animated characters much like TOMY's Magical Collection where it covers ALL disney animated films and releases characters completely in scale with each other.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Hello

Cool Re: What merchandise item would you design for the park?

Yeah. I'd definitely design a line of action figures. I'd have them super detailed like McFarlane action figures. As for the subjects, I'd start of designing notable characters from a bunch of rides. I think it'll be cool to have say, a bengal tiger from JC, the auctioner from POTC, and even maybe a minetrain with coyotes loomin above.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Diaper & multi-purpose bags that dads will not be embarassed to tote around.
    I'm coming after you Kate Spade!
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Now this is an interesting thread. There really needs to be like a thread of the month award or year thing, I would definitely nominate this one for that award, you know, an award that probably doesn't exist.

But anyways..

I'd love to help design items for scrapbooking purposes. I'm an easy one to spot at the scrapbooking isle of any store, muscled jock shopping for scrapbook items.

I think the park needs more of this type of memory keeping materials. I'd love to help create items based on Attractions and characters for people's scrapbooking needs.
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

I think a line of t-shirts with all of the vintage attraction posters on them would be really cool.

I know they have those Skyway and Peoplemover ones in the Fortuosity shop, but thos colors are awful.
    The jackets would be cool as well.

• Sock Puppet

dump the move to make everything feminized in the park, that could be solved by terminating the 4? err people in charge of stores. Maybe we got lucky with the 600 being given the boot lately.

The park has switched from being perfect for everyone man and woman, boy and girl, to take home a trinket to primarily just being a princess dumping ground. I'm sure you know where I am going with this.

Pooh Corner is 98% female slanted, Pieces Of 8/Port Royal? (shop near the veranda) is also female slanted. Pins got evicted from the Frontierland shop and dumped near the shooting gallery just to have more shopping room expanded for you guessed it... womens clothes/other stuff......

Everyone knows the move to hannah montana/pixie/princess up the other parts of the park so I don't need to touch that.

I'm probably not the only male who feels offended at the lack of selection for us. Maybe we can get away with a few "gender neutral" clothes, but you have to choose wisely least you look like a cross dresser disney style

If that isn't a problem, the rest of the merchandise for us to pick over is pretty much what you find everywhere else in the park.

I never quite understood why some stockrooms I cleaned kept lots of packs of mickey underwear for boys back there, and yet princess panties dominated the store shelves. only time I ever saw them put onto the shelves, err baskets was in the Pioneer Mercantile probably as a after thought. Boys/Men want stuff also!

now that I am on all the feminists radar, there are other merchandise chances also that are so untapped.

Fantasmic, and even more now so with the new dragon and other stuff going on still grabs the crowds unlike all the bickering posts I see on here about it. There is a desire for this merchandise also, and finding a CD tucked into the pin shop across from the ornament shop, visting the crystal shop and finding a few fantasia crystal items in there, and maybe a malaficent statue somewhere overpriced in the park (not quite fantasmic, but "close" as you get) isn't all that much. Hell, the cd is probably outdated now, I know I would rather have the full sound track of the show as I hear it, not some hastily assembled version just to deplete my visa card more.

So disneyland/ed grier/feminists behind the scenes managers clogging the stores and only making merchandise avaliable to women because they are considered the big spenders according to antiqued demographics/and everyone else in charge of merchandising, when do you learn this?

Disneyland at it's core lately is really about the merchandising. Fine, I know your sticky fingers are reaching for my wallet and plastic blobs inside as I walk into the esplanade, but where is the merchandise that appeals to me? to everyone else? man and woman.

fantasmic is a perfect example of merchandise you bet people would line up for. I could think of a few things I want, but I am only limited to what my mind can think up. that is the job of the merchandise staff, but it appears they are too busy making it a female dominated outlet mall.... or expanding other shops (christmas shop comes to mind) princess shops (back to the female outlet mall thing there) etc.

If you want people to stumble into your stores glazed eyed holding their credit cards and greenbacks like a crack addict drooling as they load up their paws with merchandise, best be starting to provide the chance for purchases, so says I davey jones, err heh heh. got a little carried away.

It's stale there, DCA has a few unique shops kicking around there, but even those started ending up as carbon copys of what you find in DTD/DL.

DTD/World Of Disney begs the question also: why not have unique merchandise inside DL/DCA that you can only purchase there, and not outside? Sure we come for the rides, but having the same thing outside the park over priced dilutes your market share don't you think? Sure you hoover the remaining cash out of everyones pockets as they trudge back to the motel tired (unless they take the monorail, then well....) but when is enough, enough? When do you start diluting your market shares and causing peoples brains to sag under the weight of all the chances to buy over priced merchandise?

speaking of that, i'll end it on this. $4 each for a pair of mickey briefs? holy. 3 to a pack for $12? insane

• Minion

How about a cute St Patrick's Day shirt with Mickey on the front and a tacky crooked shamrock sewn over the "08" on the sleeve.

Oh wait...they did that already.
    Crazy Works For Me!

• Imagineer In Training

80.7 miles from the happiest place on earth.

What about a highly detailed HO or O scale model train of the Disneyland Railroad? One that actually goes around the track and such?

I know they did one in G scale for LGB, but I want one that I can actually use...

• =)

I'd rather design an actual ride, but if I had to do merchandise, I think it'd be fun to create a to-scale toy version of the entire Haunted Mansion, show building and all. In the box, it'd be all assembled, but then you could take it apart to reveal how the various effects work. It's a pretty fascinating facility. Probably wouldn't sell too well, but hey...dreams come true, right?

• we jumped out a window

My plans are fairly simple - expand the current Disney characters in Star Wars costume figure line to include some actual Disney villains and not just Stitch over and over again.

Thus, we would have Darth Maleficent, Darth Chernabog, Darth Ursula. Tell me that wouldn't sell!

I'm totally laughing at Coheteboy's suggestion right now! I want a playset so Cobra Commander can be on his favorite ride, It's a Small World (what better attraction for an aspiring world conqueror?)

• Iron-Clad Allie

I would create designer Legos and Lincoln Logs with Disney, Pixar, Star Wars, Pooh (etc.) characters painted on them.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Fancy that...

Haunted Mansion Wallpaper pattern T-shirts/hoodie's! sorry if it's already been said hah.

Some more Rattitouille merch would be nice too! There's only one pin avaliable from what i've seen. I'd totally get a Linguini pin or T-shirt since I look like him. Overall...a whole line if T-shirts with different dorky disney things that only a true fanatic could notice.
    Last edited by pianoman13; 03-20-2009 at 11:24 PM.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    I'd rather design an actual ride, but if I had to do merchandise, I think it'd be fun to create a to-scale toy version of the entire Haunted Mansion, show building and all. In the box, it'd be all assembled, but then you could take it apart to reveal how the various effects work. It's a pretty fascinating facility. Probably wouldn't sell too well, but hey...dreams come true, right?

That's a bit in line with my vision as well. But not just Haunted Mansion.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast