Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 28

Thread: New Guide Maps

  1. #1

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    75

    New Guide Maps

    Has the parks issued new guide maps yet or are they the same ones from January with Pluto and Mickey on the cover? Judging by the past several years, new guide maps should have been issued around mid-March.

  2. #2

    • MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Disneyland, U.S.A.
    Posts
    8,139

    Re: New Guide Maps

    Quote Originally Posted by MagicAlumni View Post
    Has the parks issued new guide maps yet or are they the same ones from January with Pluto and Mickey on the cover? Judging by the past several years, new guide maps should have been issued around mid-March.
    As of last weekend, the maps were the same. I would assume there won't be new maps until the Celebration Roundup and BBQ and the Bibbity Bobbity Boutique open in April.

    Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

    | | |

  3. #3

    • =)
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    13,290

    Re: New Guide Maps

    The one I got on Tuesday has Mickey wearing a party hat in front of a green background, with the Celebrate today! tagline below the Disneyland logo.


  4. #4

    • Disney aficionado
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,190

    Re: New Guide Maps

    Anyone want to scan in a map just for everyone to see that can't go to the park everyday ?!?

    I'm sure a lot of us once in lifetime / a year disney fans would love to see one

  5. #5

    • Hall Of Promise
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Rohnert Park, CA
    Posts
    695

    Re: New Guide Maps

    Quote Originally Posted by Yackerz View Post
    Anyone want to scan in a map just for everyone to see that can't go to the park everyday ?!?

    I'm sure a lot of us once in lifetime / a year disney fans would love to see one
    Disneyland Resort | Maps

  6. #6

    • Darkbeer
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Tustin
    Posts
    8,260
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: New Guide Maps

    Pretty sure the "new" version gets released this Friday.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

  7. #7

    • Disney aficionado
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,190

    Re: New Guide Maps

    Quote Originally Posted by MagicWDI View Post
    ya ya.. I've seen a lot of Disneyland and DCA maps online...

    I just was looking for the real actual.. given to you at the park map

  8. #8

    • Hall Of Promise
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Rohnert Park, CA
    Posts
    695

    Re: New Guide Maps

    Quote Originally Posted by Yackerz View Post
    ya ya.. I've seen a lot of Disneyland and DCA maps online...

    I just was looking for the real actual.. given to you at the park map
    Oh, okay. For that a simple Google search will help ya out. But you will have to wait for the very most up-to-date one to be scanned or a picture taken of it since it comes out when Darkbeer mentioned.

  9. #9

    • Disney aficionado
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,190

    Re: New Guide Maps

    ya I'll wait patiently for Friday and the newest one!..

  10. #10

    • Sock Puppet
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    2,115

    Re: New Guide Maps

    You can always go to eBay and buy one there.

    Nothing beats the real-deal!

    Or since you've made so many new friends here on MC, maybe someone will mail you one?

  11. #11

    • MC, this is LD
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    3348'35.38"N, 11755'8.28"W
    Posts
    1,200

    Re: New Guide Maps

    The funniest part is the "new" maps aren't even new. The current maps have to at least be as old as the end of the Mark V monorails. A quick glance at the lower right corner of the guides shows the old Mark V Monorail Blue. Upon addition of new attractions and locations, I'm sure all the graphic designers do is overlay a layer on top of the current map.


    --KAN

  12. #12

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    3,061

    Re: New Guide Maps

    Quote Originally Posted by KAN View Post
    The funniest part is the "new" maps aren't even new. The current maps have to at least be as old as the end of the Mark V monorails. A quick glance at the lower right corner of the guides shows the old Mark V Monorail Blue. Upon addition of new attractions and locations, I'm sure all the graphic designers do is overlay a layer on top of the current map.
    There are lots of minor things on the Disneyland park map that have not been updated. For example, the Tomorrowland Terrace (even though it is labeled as such) still appears in the shape and colors of the former Club Buzz stage. And although submarines appear in the lagoon, the additional rocks that were constructed for the Nemo Submarine Voyage are not pictured.


  13. #13

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Nanaimo, BC, Canada
    Posts
    167

    Re: New Guide Maps

    Hey Yakerz,

    If you haven't found this link yet, I think you might like it......

    Wikimapia - Let's describe the whole world!

  14. #14

    • Disney aficionado
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,190

    Re: New Guide Maps

    Quote Originally Posted by Kristine30 View Post
    Hey Yakerz,

    If you haven't found this link yet, I think you might like it......

    Wikimapia - Let's describe the whole world!

    Looks awesome, I haven't seen that one before .. I've seen disneyland via google maps satellilte view a lot, but no overlay of what is what like on that map! niceee good find

  15. #15

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    San Jose, California
    Posts
    294

    Re: New Guide Maps

    Wow! Wow! Wow! I can't tell you how many times I have poured over satellite images guessing what is what--this is incredible--both for Disney and more!

    For the Disney folks, they not only have Disneyland but also WDW and Disneyland Paris (and maybe the others too!). WDW and DRP aren't as complete as Disneyland, but still damned impressive!

    WOW!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by Kristine30 View Post
    Hey Yakerz,

    If you haven't found this link yet, I think you might like it......

    Wikimapia - Let's describe the whole world!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [News] Live Search Maps are now Bing Maps
    By Mojave in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-02-2009, 04:56 AM
  2. [Question] Looking for Park Guide Maps
    By huizarst in forum Disneyland Paris
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-22-2009, 02:48 PM
  3. WANTED - Certain Disneyland Souvenir Guide Maps
    By gwynn1977 in forum Merchandise Buy/Sell/Trade
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-14-2008, 07:25 PM
  4. Park Guide Maps
    By kennygman77 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-01-2007, 06:06 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •