Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• white and nerdy

Re: Face Character Auditions 10/8, anyone going?

In my opinion, MissChristine has a very good chance. I've been to a bunch of face auditions in Disney World, so even though I never got a job as a face character (I ALMOST did, but that's another story for another time... and that time is NOW. They offered me the roll of Aladdin, but I was moving away and didn't accept the offer.... grrr...) i kinda know what look they are going for...

Funny story, I had a friend in Disney World who would go to face auditions all the time. She was black. She knew she would never get a roll, but she liked seeing the auditioners sweat a little when they excused her.
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

• Scentsy Minion

Blog Entries

PixiePrincess: You're too sweet! I'm sure you're totally what they're looking for!! I checked out your Myspace, you are so going to take the role for Cinderella or Ariel...maybe Ariel more...or something, I dunno, you've got that "happy Disney princess" look!
    Rose Red: I know what you mean! Being a cheerleader for 4 years, and then taking the role of the coach, I know how important smiling is and trust me, it's one I love doing and I'm kinda known for....I think it's cause of these GINORMOUS horse teeth I've got....oh well...
    Joshua: Don't go getting my hopes up...and how dare you turn down Aladdin!! That just means that you're totally cute if they offered the role to you!! And about your friend, that takes guts! I love it!!

So another question..how many people do they hire? Like, do they have a number in mind or are they going to say..."wow, there's a lot of girls who look like Cinderella, let's take all 6 of them....?"

• Disneyland Freak

Quote Originally Posted by thejoshualee
    Funny story, I had a friend in Disney World who would go to face auditions all the time. She was black. She knew she would never get a roll, but she liked seeing the auditioners sweat a little when they excused her.
    Hehe. Too bad Atlantis wasn't popular... when Kida was out in the park they cast a black girl in the role. I believe she was the first black face character at the DLR.
    Joey AKA "dlfreak"
    www.mouseinfo.com

I'm addicted to Disneyland. Disneyland hobbies are expensive.
    If I become a bum people are going to say "Don't give him money, he's just gonna use it on Disneyland."
    Disneyland. My Anti-drug.

With all this talk of "off the shelf" and "on the back-burner" it seems the only thing that DCA is really missing is the kitchen sink!

Create your own Virtual pet today!

what's wrong with an African ariel? I mean there's an asian Jasmin in DCA's Aladdin

• Disneyland Freak

That's a stage show, not an atmosphere character.
    Joey AKA "dlfreak"
    www.mouseinfo.com

If I become a bum people are going to say "Don't give him money, he's just gonna use it on Disneyland."

With all this talk of "off the shelf" and "on the back-burner" it seems the only thing that DCA is really missing is the kitchen sink!

• CM for 4 years!

I actually find that a lot of the girls who play Jasmine are either Vietnamese or Filipino, with a little bit of something else mixed in.
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

• white and nerdy

Quote Originally Posted by MissChristine
    Joshua: Don't go getting my hopes up...and how dare you turn down Aladdin!! That just means that you're totally cute if they offered the role to you!! And about your friend, that takes guts! I love it!!

So another question..how many people do they hire? Like, do they have a number in mind or are they going to say..."wow, there's a lot of girls who look like Cinderella, let's take all 6 of them....?"
    you betcha I'm cute... here is my photo
    yeah... that is my "action shot"

I think they have a number in mind. Characters work the same as other cast members, with certian shifts and what not. so they do have several of each, but you never know. Also, there always seemed to be alot of fuzzy character actors there auditioning for face. they seem to know the inside scoop of who they are looking for.

Go ahead and get your hopes up, but don't stress if they pass you over. This girl I knew went every audtion and got turned down again and again, then she was accepted as... Alice I think... but she got a job on the cruise line and plays everything from the blue fairy to Cruela Deville

Have fun!
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

• Scentsy Minion

Blog Entries

Mr. Joshua....sexy pic, my man! Even though cruising on the open blue waters sounds amazing, Disneyland is only about 20 minutes from home, so I think it would be better to worh there.

• Now 40% less bitter!

I auditioned once, waaaaay back in, like, 2002. I went into the room with a number on my chest. This one lady looked us up and down. We had been told beforehand to smile a lot, but unprovoked smiling has never been my strongsuit. Then she chose seven of us to go through one door, and the rest of us were lead out another door, which opened to the parking lot.
    I might be too old, now, I don't know. I'd wanted to be Mary Poppins, and I'm certain I'm not too old to be her. Ah, well.

• Disneyland Freak

Though she most certainly did not look it, Julie Andrews was 32 when she played the role of Mary Poppins!
    Joey AKA "dlfreak"
    www.mouseinfo.com

• Scentsy Minion

Blog Entries

OK, so who's gone to these things? When they say "wear clothing that does not restrict movement", does that mean jeans are OK, or do they prefer more of the "workout clothes" type?

• CM for 4 years!

It means clothes that you can move and dance and be graceful in.

Do jeans restrait your movement? YES.

SHould you wear them?

Uhhh...
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

• Scentsy Minion

Blog Entries

point taken.

• Creative Director

hey there,

go for it, you never know what they are looking for and how many!

most of the princesses are average to curvy. not skinny sticks. so don't worry to much about that.

it is about grace, poise, and being a princess, or a young little girl, or whatever the character is.

And truly, if you don't get cast, keep going to them, and go the the other fuzzy and parade auditions if you would like. For many performers I have talked to or know, they had to audition many times, up to 3 or 4 times, to get in.

• Scentsy Minion

Blog Entries

Alright, last call, who's going??

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast