Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Disney aficionado

Park Hopper Rebates?

The answer to this is probably no, but it is worth asking about just in case.
    I was really tired and mistitled this. It should be Park Hopper partial refunds.

If I decide to buy a 3 day park hopper pass and only use it for a day, then something comes up and I decide I don't need the other 2 days on the hopper pass could I go to Disney customer service or wherever and refund the difference between a 3 day park hopper and a single day park hopper?

I could probably try selling my remaining 2 days on Ebay or something, but that's technically not legal according to Disneyland. Plus, I don't think I'll be wanting to scalp tickets on my honeymoon!
    Last edited by Yackerz; 03-22-2009 at 09:23 AM.

• Fantasmic Fanatic!

Re: Park Hopper Rebates?

you could just sell it to someone that may be already purchasing a ticket, we have done that at times. plus it also helps that you are there to make sure the tickets are still good, also since it goes kinda with the question we were lucky enough about to years ago, we were about to buy a 2 day hopper, and 5 people had to go back to their town on an emergency so they actually gave us their hoppers for free! pretty darn cool

• Disney aficionado

Ya, I'm guessing its kind of hard to sell a 2 day hopper though just standing there? Won't the Disney police come up and bust you or something?

• Happiest Girl On Earth

Quote Originally Posted by Skoolboiedd View Post
    you could just sell it to someone that may be already purchasing a ticket, we have done that at times. plus it also helps that you are there to make sure the tickets are still good, also since it goes kinda with the question we were lucky enough about to years ago, we were about to buy a 2 day hopper, and 5 people had to go back to their town on an emergency so they actually gave us their hoppers for free! pretty darn cool
    This is against Disney's ticketing policy. Although it runs on the honors system, issues may arise regardless.

And yes, you can go to City Hall and downgrade your ticket from the price you paid to the ticket booth price of the ticket you want.

There I was somewhere West of Tomorrowland
    Flying through the stars just like
    Peter Pan
    I said...Dang this looks too good to be true...

It's a nice day when you wake up in
    Disneyland...
    -Five For Fighting, "Disneyland"

• Disney aficionado

Well this is what I'm thinking of doing.. tell me if this is shady in anyways or just good thinking.

So say I buy a 3 day park hopper pass, I then get a Magic Mornings.
    Then I use the magic mornings my first day.

After that I go to City Hall, and get rid of 2 days on it.

I pretty much get a Magic Mornings day for the price of a 1 day hopper pass.

• Sock Puppet

Why not do it the opposite way?

Buy a one-day and if you decide to go back for more, upgrade your one day to a multi-day. As long as you do it before the end of the day, you're good to go.

• Disney aficionado

Well, my idea is trying to get a Magic Morning without having to go to the park for 3 days.

If I get a 3 day hopper, use the magic morning on the first day, then downgrade to a 2 day hopper or a 1 day hopper, then I can do this.
    If I'm aloud to downgrade my park hopper that is.

Can anyone else verify this? Also, where is "city hall" located and what time are they open?
    Last edited by Yackerz; 03-22-2009 at 09:20 AM.

• Sock Puppet

What if the Magic Morning doesn't fall on your first/only day?

The malice aforethought sounds a little kinky to me...

City Hall is through the entrance tunnel to your left as you clear the turnstiles. It is the building with the brick steps on your left just past the tour kiosk.

Maybe while you are there, you could ask for a GAC...

• Disney aficionado

Thursday's are almost always magic mornings, which is my first day. Well, I might go a second or a 3rd day, just not for the whole day. It all depends on what we can do our first day there.

A Magic Morning will probably allow me to condense 3 hours of waiting in lines to 1 hours worth of time before the park opens, which is amazing
    What is a GAC?
    Anyone else know if I could downgrade a park hopper?

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Yackerz View Post
    Anyone else know if I could downgrade a park hopper?

Call the house of mouse direct @ 714-781-4400 and ask them.

Oh, and while you have them on the phone, ask them if they hole-punch your ticket when you attend the Magic Morning so the CM's at City Hall know that the folks that ask for a refund afterwards get an appropriate extra amount deducted from their refund.

First hand info is a good thing...

• Hooterville, USA

Maybe you could just hop the fence and not pay for anything!

Why not try it the honest way?

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Disney aficionado

haha the honest way? This is the honest way. I'm not breaking any Disney rules / regulations. If there is a loophole in the system, then it is not dishonest to exploit it. I It is just using my intelligence. I'm not not as rich as some of you people to spend money frivolously.

If there is a $20 fee for me using a Magic Morning, but not getting a 3 day hopper well thats fine by me. I just hear about what people do in a Magic Morning and it sounds amazing.

Speaking of dishonest is how Disneyland closes at 9:00 for a Grad night and still charges people for a full priced admission for that day. I wouldn't be concerned with a Magic Morning if I didn't have to deal with getting kicked out of the park at 9:00. Lines are the shortest from 9:00 - 12 at night when I won't be in the park because of Grad nite.

It is also poor practices that they announce the park hours only like a month in advance. This makes planning for big trips difficult.
    Last edited by Yackerz; 03-22-2009 at 11:11 AM.

• Sock Puppet

haha the honest way? This is the honest way. I'm not breaking any Disney rules / regulations. If there is a loophole in the system, then it is not dishonest to exploit it. I It is just using my intelligence.
    Ya, I'm guessing its kind of hard to sell a 2 day hopper though just standing there? Won't the Disney police come up and bust you or something?
    Well this is what I'm thinking of doing.. tell me if this is shady in anyways or just good thinking.

So say I buy a 3 day park hopper pass, I then get a Magic Mornings.
    Then I use the magic mornings my first day.

After that I go to City Hall, and get rid of 2 days on it.

I pretty much get a Magic Mornings day for the price of a 1 day hopper pass.

First you ask if this idea of yours is shady or just good thinking, then when you are called on it, you defend your decision by saying that it must be the honest way because "all" you are doing is exploiting a loophole.

Sounds like your conscience is getting to you.

And scalping tickets isn't allowed. Period.

Watch out! Those Disney Police will be waiting for you!

• Hooterville, USA

haha the honest way? This is the honest way. I'm not breaking any Disney rules / regulations. If there is a loophole in the system, then it is not dishonest to exploit it. I It is just using my intelligence. I'm not not as rich as some of you people to spend money frivolously.
    This statement is just ridiculous. Going to DL and trying to get over will not win you any points here.

And we're not all "rich" here. We're just happy that we can go to DL.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Sock Puppet

Well, my idea is trying to get a Magic Morning without having to go to the park for 3 days.

Nope, nothing shady about that!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast