Off the beaten path.

What are your fave places to go/things to do in Disneyland and DCA that aren't well known by the general public? Share an experience about when you found one of these Disney "secrets" around the park! ^_^

• =)

Re: Off the beaten path.

Riding the Main-Street-to-NOS stretch of the railroad over and over again to take backstage photos through the trees.

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    Riding the Main-Street-to-NOS stretch of the railroad over and over again to take backstage photos through the trees.
    Hm....I shall have to remember this for when I go next! I'm always intrigued by "behind the scenes" stuff :P

• Drunken Disneyland Master

If you walk from the Disneyland Hotel Convention parking lot towards the lobby or Goofy's Kitchen and there's no receptions or conventions, sneak in the ballroom and look around. The best is when they have the connecting ballrooms 'open' so you can see the complete empty, quiet room with the chandelier in the middle.
    Try the restrooms also; they're quiet and clean, plus they show paintings and art work not found in the rest of the Resort (ie: the stretching paintings from the Haunted Mansion, and miniature sculptures).
    Last edited by Big Drunk Dave @ DL; 03-21-2009 at 11:06 PM. Reason: typos

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by vccharisma View Post
    Share an experience about when you found one of these Disney "secrets" around the park! ^_^

Growing up, I was one of those kids that could keep a secret.

That didn't change when I became an adult...

Hm....not many people like to share these things apparently!

• =)

Quote Originally Posted by vccharisma View Post
    Hm....I shall have to remember this for when I go next! I'm always intrigued by "behind the scenes" stuff :P
    You'll enjoy it, then! Ride the railroad to NOS, and check out both sides of the tracks. "Behind" (aka to the left) is the Indiana Jones show building; the closest visible part of the structure contains the rotunda and film room in the queue. On the other side of the tracks is the first Pirates show building, as well as a little outdoor kitchen service area and a bit of the side of the Indiana Jones queue. Taking photos of all this is difficult because while your brain can ignore the trees, the camera can't. =/

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    Taking photos of all this is difficult because while your brain can ignore the trees, the camera can't. =/

You need to upgrade your camera!

I used to love the paths past Fort Wilderness when I was younger. They were always devoid of the rest of the crowd on TSI, and it really felt like you were out on the frontier.

I noticed on my last trip to the island a few years ago that the whole area where the paths were has now been closed to the public.....

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

These aren't really "secrets", but I like the seating area by the facade/tunnel from Main Street to Frontierland.....hardly anyone is there, usually, and that area is neat. Also, the Haunted Mansion fastpass garden, when not in use (most of the time, non HMH)....never anyone in there, even if you have to go in through the (unblocked) exit.
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

• radiantly eccentric

Wink Re: Off the beaten path.

Here is my top 10 spots:
    @ DLR: The haunted Mansion fastpass garden, The courtyard with stairway to Club 33 in New Orleans Square, The patio behind the Hungry Bear Restaurant, The Mine Shaft and pond on the thunder mountain trail, the patio behind the corn dog cart on Main st. Fantasia Gardens (now a smoking area) by the Matterhorn, Plaza Garden stage area (any day but Saturday)@ CA: The Cove Bar @ Ariels Grotto!, Behind Grizzley river run by the waterwheel, The Beer cart in the back corner of Pacific Warf. If the parks are crowded these are my favorite get away places. I have some cools ones at the resort hotels too