View Poll Results: Is a Mark VII Monorail Tracker a Good Idea?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

15 62.50%
  • No.

3 12.50%
  • It would make no difference to me about what happens with this.

6 25.00%

• Awaiting Walt's Return...

93 Miles North of The ORIGINAL Disneyland

Lightbulb Mark VII Monorails Tracker??

I am a BIG fan of the new Mark VII Monorails, and I thought since there is so much going on with them right now, I thought we might do a "Tracker" with updates specifically about the monorails. Please choose yes or no on the poll whether this is a good idea or not. As soon as I get enough feedback, I'll start working on it.
    "To all who come to this happy place - welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America... with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world. Thank you."

óWalter E. Disney, July 17, 1955

LONG LIVE Disneyland!!

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Re: Mark VII Monorails Tracker??

The Monorails are already being tracked in the Disneyland Project Tracker.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Special Agent

Aren't they pretty much done? The first one premiered over a year ago.

I saw orange out testing the other night while driving down harbor. It didn't look any different from red other than all the side panels were removed.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey View Post
    The Monorails are already being tracked in the Disneyland Project Tracker.
    Mark VII Monorail
    Details: New Mark VII Monorails slowly being phased in.
    Project Status: Mark VII Red - Open
    Mark VII Blue - Open
    Mark VII Orange - 2009

This is what is currently on the DL Tracker. I want to make this Tracker more in detail and pretty much for the people interested in the Monorails. On this we can mainly post pictures of current updates and any information like how Monorail Orange just started testing, or what the new windows look like, etc.
    "To all who come to this happy place - welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America... with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world. Thank you."

LONG LIVE Disneyland!!

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by disney55 View Post
    Mark VII Monorail
    Details: New Mark VII Monorails slowly being phased in.
    Project Status: Mark VII Red - Open
    Mark VII Blue - Open
    Mark VII Orange - 2009

This is what is currently on the DL Tracker. I want to make this Tracker more in detail and pretty much for the people interested in the Monorails. On this we can mainly post pictures of current updates and any information like how Monorail Orange just started testing, or what the new windows look like, etc.
    If you think there is enough information out there that you can maintain interest in a thread like that, then go for it. Honestly, there isn't much to say about the new Monorails -- Red and Blue are in regular use now, and Orange should be debuting soon.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by MrLiver View Post
    Aren't they pretty much done?

The first one premiered over a year ago.

I sure hope not!

If what they have right now is the best that they can do, then they are in a world of hurt!

And yes, you'd think that a year of "use" would be enough time to get things right!

But it's obviously not...

We spent this past week at the DLH and rode the Monorail pretty much every day. Thank goodness for one-way trips. For being "new", they are in terrible shape. M-Red was the only one operating. The interior paint is peeling off of the seats, the interior trim is loose and dangling in places, the windows still have the test holes cut in them so there is no protection from the rain, the overheating issue is still present, etc...

Yep, they're pretty much done alright...

Sad. Very sad.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey View Post
    If you think there is enough information out there that you can maintain interest in a thread like that, then go for it. Honestly, there isn't much to say about the new Monorails -- Red and Blue are in regular use now, and Orange should be debuting soon.
    That is very true, but I really think the only reason I would put this thread is not really to track anything much, but to post exciting news or pictures that have importance to us Monorail fans. It is really just to keep us informed about those little things before Orange debuts. It'll be pretty simple.

LONG LIVE Disneyland!!

Well at this point the attaction is and has been for a while not running at 100%! Red opened later than scheduled last year an having heat / air vent problems that are still not fixed Blue has been up and down and Orange has yet to start running taking passengers that was suppose to be up by last summer. I think they have a long way to go. Last June sucked going back and forth to the hotel as only purple was running. I hope they have the attaction running with at least 2 full time this June as it is along walk to the park entrance from the DLH.

Exactly! When I went on Friday, we rode Monorail Red, but not knowing it was a one-way trip only! We got off at DTD, but the line was SO long to go back that we just ended up WALKING BACK! By the way, the new Thread is up at Mark VII Monorails Information/Tracker Thread

LONG LIVE Disneyland!!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

I'm closing this thread since the other has started
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today