Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast

• Awaiting Walt's Return...

93 Miles North of The ORIGINAL Disneyland

Mark VII Monorails Information/Tracker Thread

With all the exciting (and not so exciting) news about the Mark VII Monorails, I thought it would be great to have a thread dedicated to them.

Mark VII Monorail Red

This widget was made by MiceChat members: Nautilus and KAN
    • Arrived at the Disneyland Resort: December 20, 2007
    • Began Regular Service: July 3, 2008
    • Currently is receiving a yearly refurbishment to fix all the peeling and scratched interior.
    Mark VII Monorail Blue

• Arrived at the Disneyland Resort: April 10, 2008
    • Began Regular Service: September 16, 2008
    • Currently is running alongside Monorail Orange to help with the influx in guests. It just started running again a day or two after Orange began regular service.
    Mark VII Monorail Orange

• Arrived at the Disneyland Resort: August 14, 2008
    • Began Regular Service: April 7, 2009.
    • Currently just started regular passenger service! It now has the half-windows that Monorail Red had to help with air ventilation on the cabins.
    Other Information
    • Main Cabins have a capacity of 22 passengers, although the current limit set by Disney is smaller, because of the airflow issues.
    • The tailcone has a capacity of 7 passengers, and the nosecone has a capacity of 5 passengers and a pilot.
    • These capacities are surprisingly smaller than those of the Mark V Monorails!
    Problems

• The Mark VII Monorails have a window air-flow issue, which means, until this issue is fixed, the Monorails can NOT run in temperatures above 80 degrees Fahrenheit.
    • Monorail Orange now has half-windows, which means any rain or other atmospheric condition effects can now enter the monorail.
    • Monorail Red was in very bad condition, which means it now has to undergo refurbishment.
    • Who knows when the airflow problem will be fixed! At least there are no one-way trips for a while!
    Last edited by disney55; 04-11-2009 at 07:24 PM. Reason: Monorail ORANGE is now Daylight testing!
    "To all who come to this happy place - welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America... with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world. Thank you."

óWalter E. Disney, July 17, 1955

LONG LIVE Disneyland!!

• Senior Monorail Minion

Re: Mark VII Monorails Information/Tracker Thread

Ecellent Idea! Take a look at the wikipedia page foir speed, capacity, and other information to make your thread more informational!
    WELCOME ABOARD
    THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!
    by intoxication, i'm pretty sure the OP meant that disneyland just gave us a free acid trip.
    -PLAUGED reffering to the Winnie the Pooh ride...

Thanks! This is just the start, because I think the monorails are so important that they should have a thread all about them. Especially since this is an important time in their history!
    "To all who come to this happy place - welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America... with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world. Thank you."

LONG LIVE Disneyland!!

• Lego Peoplemover Priit

Cool Re: Mark VII Monorails Information/Tracker Thread

Cool. Nice thread.

Thanks for your comments, and in advance as well!

LONG LIVE Disneyland!!

I heard Orange would begin testing tomorrow. And I mean daylight testing.

• Future Indy Castmember

I know who took that pic of Monorail Orange in the roundhouse (who will not be named here.).I don't think it's a good idea to have that pic on here since it was taken backstage. Management does look on this site you know.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

I still can't believe I did not ride any of the monorails on my last December trip to Disneyland. Out of 5 days I for some reason didn't have time for it. Weird.
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• Not a Minion

The mark VII monorails are such beauties. Its a shame to see them already seeing the effects of time.

Quote Originally Posted by The Forbidden Eye View Post
    I know who took that pic of Monorail Orange in the roundhouse (who will not be named here.).I don't think it's a good idea to have that pic on here since it was taken backstage. Management does look on this site you know.
    If many of you think I should remove Orange's photo, then I would not have any problem at all and would NOT be offended in any way. The last thing I want to do is get someone in trouble. I'll remove it for now, and once we can make a final decision, then I'll see what I do with it. No worries!

LONG LIVE Disneyland!!

Quote Originally Posted by ryanvalle View Post
    The mark VII monorails are such beauties. Its a shame to see them already seeing the effects of time.
    I know!! The Monorails already look a bit worn out! I really feel that it's mainly because of the often sole-use of Red. Some people just don't appreciate the beauty of these masterpieces!

LONG LIVE Disneyland!!

• All-American

Cool thread! Glad you got it off the ground Disney55!

Quote Originally Posted by MarkTwain View Post
    Cool thread! Glad you got it off the ground Disney55!
    Thanks! I wasn't as hard as I thought to put this together!

LONG LIVE Disneyland!!

Quote Originally Posted by BCC View Post
    I heard Orange would begin testing tomorrow. And I mean daylight testing.
    Really! If you are pretty sure about that, then I can update that information!

LONG LIVE Disneyland!!

Is this true that Orange is daylight testing?

LONG LIVE Disneyland!!

Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast