Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • PEZZ in the Fez

Re: 22nd March 2009 Sunday Noon Meet Report!

We have to amend the Sunday Meet times on the Calendar to 12:07 PM.

With all the Spring Break crowds and such, it's not always possible to get to the Hub by noon. We usually hang out until 12:45 for the last members to straggle in and then do lunch or something.

Sorry you thought that noon meant 11:45 AM.

• Goofy

Quote Originally Posted by tj9991 View Post
    This morning gave host to an extraordinary meet of Disneyland fans from all over the world, of different tastes, sizes, and shapes! Truly no mortal man could ever achieve such a masterful meeting without the aide of the wonder-team known as the Disney meetup group! A bastion of wit, strength, and preparedness! Take heed, my words do not do justice to this meeting yet!

Allow me to iterate over the amazing things which occurred at todays meeting:

11:45 AM - I arrive at the South-west inner spoke of the Hub.
    12:05 PM - I leave after awkwardly waiting for a meeting I was told happens every Sunday without fail.

Roll call of attendance:

1. Me

Activities:

- I sipped my coffee I had received just minutes earlier at the Market House.

Im sorry to hear that, but here is my advice, stick awhile for about 20 mins.
    Last edited by penguinsoda; 03-23-2009 at 07:24 PM. Reason: Fixed quote tag

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tj9991 View Post
    Allow me to iterate over the amazing things which occurred at todays meeting:

11:45 AM - I arrive at the South-west inner spoke of the Hub.
    12:05 PM - I leave after awkwardly waiting for a meeting I was told happens every Sunday without fail.

Roll call of attendance:

1. Me

Activities:

- I sipped my coffee I had received just minutes earlier at the Market House.

Truth be told, I am still in shock and awe at the amazing things which took place today! I shudder to think I was a part of it!
    Oh sure I miss the one meet where it probably did not take 20 minutes just to decide where to eat, or did it?

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    I'm sure you were missed at this meet. Please be sure to make another one, your sharp wit and fun spirit will be a welcome addition!
    What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mommyto4 View Post
    wow I thought this was a meet report, there used to be lots of those here, pictures and reports of sunday meets.As a lurker for a long time I used to love seeing these. am I missing something or are they not done any more?
    I agree with you, what ever happened to the sunday meets trip reports?

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Dopey24 View Post
    Im sorry to hear that, but here is my advice, stick awhile for about 20 mins.

20 minutes AFTER the start time. Not 20 minutes after 11:45. hahaha

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Banned User

If you call it a noon meet....shouldn't it be a fair assumption by the OP that it starts at noon? Being their first meet?

tj9991----come to one of our Northwest meets sometime! We meet up a few times a year! Have you checked out our thread?

•     
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Orbital Pluto

Rick and I were both there before noon, around 11:50. It was a very small meet, though there were a fair amount of the general public at the hub when we got there. I'm very sad that the OP was unable to hang around a bit longer, and I'm guessing that he and we were there at the same time. Even though the meet was small, it would have bee pretty obvious who the MiceChatters were in very short order. I sincerely apologize that if he was there along with us, we didn't pick up on it. I have never known of a meet where there was not a mod or admin from MiceChat there at least a bit before noon. Others do continue to arrive after that, and we rarely head out for a group lunch before 12:30 - 12:40.

tj9991, and all the rest of you who hope to join us at a meet . . . we know how daunting the first meet can be, we've all gone through it. I want you to know that we are anxious to meet all of you, and with the dozens and dozens of folks in the hub each Sunday, (most of them not MiceChatters) we do our best to keep our eyes open for folks looking a little like they might be looking for our group. Obviously, we missed that this weekend, I'm sincerely sorry for that. Absolutely our loss that we didn't get a chance to welcome another member of the family!
    "Not Carnegie, Vanderbilt, and Astor together could have
    raised money enough to buy a quarter share in my little dog."

Ernest Thompson Seton

• You didn't see anything!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tui View Post
    It's Chad, so it's a little of both sarcasm and seriousness. Mostly sarcasm.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mommyto4 View Post
    wow I thought this was a meet report, there used to be lots of those here, pictures and reports of sunday meets.As a lurker for a long time I used to love seeing these. am I missing something or are they not done any more?
    Fishbulb, for one, used to do them on a fairly regular basis, but I haven't seen one from him in a while.

I've done trip reports on meets that I have attended, but aside from the anniversary meet I haven't seen one from me, in a long while.

Perhaps people felt the meet reports were starting to become a bit "old hat". Or maybe it's just that people who have attended the meets lately just haven't felt like doing them.

I, too, had noticed the lack of such reports and missed them also.

-- Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Im the fun mommy :)

What I liked was the pictures of the people, but really liked the pictures of the parks This fishybulb did. flowers, rides etc. I do miss them. but there was a woman names crazy legs that did them long ago and they were nice to ( yeah I have lurked for a while) . It was nice seeing the " sunday meets "
    -------------------------------------------
    I miss dole whips......... can someone mail me one??

• AW THERE U R.

I think if I ever come to a meet i'm going to be on walts sholders with a "MC" sign.
    Haha. I met Dantasmic? on sunday. He probially didn't know who I was, but I was in the Star Tours costume. If anyone saw a girl, with brown hair, dancing wildly to mainstreetloop/fantasmic! music at the castle and matterhorn way. That was, unfortunatly, me.

• Banned User

Hey, sorry you didn't get to stick around longer, it was a good time, as it always is. Also if my friend wouldn't have stolen my camera, and I knew how to post pics. on MiceChat, I'd do Sunday TR meets

I can vouch for the meet taking place. It even got so wild that security showed up! Just kidding, not really wild, but security was there about that time.

•   

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    Fishbulb, for one, used to do them on a fairly regular basis, but I haven't seen one from him in a while.
    Fishbulb, Sir Clinks, PhotoMatt, myself and a few others (whose names I have already forgotten due early alzheimer's) were up at Magic Mountain getting hailed on about noon. Now that was a fun meet!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast