Question Birthday Promotion Question

Hello everyone. I have a question about the current Disneyland get in free on your birthday promotion. I understand that you can only get in free on the DAY of your birthday, the thing is that i will be in school on the day of my birthday so i won't be able to go to Disneyland. Does anyone know if theres a way that i can go to disneylkand on the day of my birthday in the afternoon and get the gift card and than just use the giftcard to purchase a ticket to disneyland 3 days later when it will be a saturday?

•   
    • Sponge & A Rusty Spanner

Re: Birthday Promotion Question

Quote Originally Posted by REDTAZ View Post
    Hello everyone. I have a question about the current Disneyland get in free on your birthday promotion. I understand that you can only get in free on the DAY of your birthday, the thing is that i will be in school on the day of my birthday so i won't be able to go to Disneyland. Does anyone know if theres a way that i can go to disneylkand on the day of my birthday in the afternoon and get the gift card and than just use the giftcard to purchase a ticket to disneyland 3 days later when it will be a saturday?
    No.

Disney Parks Celebration Frequently Asked Questions | What Will You Celebrate?

Q: I can't come on my birthday. Can I get free admission to a theme park on another day?

A: Unfortunately, no. The free admission to a Theme Park on your birthday offer is only valid for free admission on your birthday in 2009.
    Fight On! Beat the Bulldogs!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Speaking of "drive-by" my cousin just became the new drummer for -Train-
    This device kills fascists.

If you have an Annual Pass you can get a gift card for $69.

My best score ever!

•   
    • Sponge & A Rusty Spanner

Quote Originally Posted by duckiedianne View Post
    If you have an Annual Pass you can get a gift card for $69.
    Yes, and if you are a passholder, you can get a gift card that you can use to upgrade your pass to a better pass.

I used the Costco deal on a Deluxe Pass, went to Disneyland on my brithday, and with the $50 gift card that came with the Costco deal, and my $69 birthday credit, I upgraded to a Premier AP for just one dollar in new cash.
    Fight On! Beat the Bulldogs!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Speaking of "drive-by" my cousin just became the new drummer for -Train-
    This device kills fascists.

Quote Originally Posted by steamboatpete View Post
    Yes, and if you are a passholder, you can get a gift card that you can use to upgrade your pass to a better pass.

I used the Costco deal on a Deluxe Pass, went to Disneyland on my brithday, and with the $50 gift card that came with the Costco deal, and my $69 birthday credit, I upgraded to a Premier AP for just one dollar in new cash.
    That would be me...except I WAS BORN IN DECEMBER and so I fail =(

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by steamboatpete View Post

You are a genius. I am so doing that. Thanks Genius.

• ...TWO BITS!

I think the question was if OP went to Disneyland in the afternoon of their BDAY and PAID the $69, went to City Hall/ Guest Relations, show proof of DOB, showed they paid for the day, then perhaps that person get and use the FUN CARD later that weekend on a day's park admission...

I'm not sure if there's a restriction to that, but it seems like it is possible. Or does it say on the FUN CARD "may not use on day admission ticket". Anyone care to correct me?

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/dis...yFunCard/index

Might as well just get the FUN CARD either way.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

Quote Originally Posted by filmfreak11 View Post
    I think the question was if OP went to Disneyland in the afternoon of their BDAY and PAID the $69, went to City Hall/ Guest Relations, show proof of DOB, showed they paid for the day, then perhaps that person get and use the FUN CARD later that weekend on a day's park admission...

I'm not sure if there's a restriction to that, but it seems like it is possible. Or does it say on the FUN CARD "may not use on day admission ticket". Anyone care to correct me?

Birthday Fun Card

Might as well just get the FUN CARD either way.
    That is correct. You can use the Fun Card to purchase merchandise, tours, and ticket media. However, it would be rather pointless for the op to purchase a ticket to get the fun card only to use it for a ticket later down the line. It just cancels out the free admission and she gains nothing from the promotion.
    Please pardon our dust as we gear up for an all new signature!

• ...TWO BITS!

^ Yeah, there we go

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• Wilderness Explorer

Q: I purchased* a valid Annual Passport or a Multi-Day Ticket that I will use for admission on my birthday in 2009, so I don't need to take advantage of this offer. Is there anything else I could receive on my birthday?

A: Yes, you have several options which are available for you to select once you arrive at the Park with your confirmation message, your proper valid ID, and your Passport or Multi-Day ticket that you will use for admission on your birthday. You can choose one of the following:
    • A birthday FASTPASS exchange card+ for a certain number attractions at both Disneyland Park and Disney's California Adventure Park; or
    • A birthday fun card in an amount equal to the price of a 1-Day/I1-Park ticket** for certain purchases including select merchandise, tour experiences or for Disney's PhotoPass on-site services at participating locations at Disneyland Resort; or
    • A 1-Day/1-Park ticket for you to use any time until your next birthday.
    So...yeah...looks like you can only use the alternative gifts if you already have park admission media (i.e. an AP).