Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Unhelpful User

Wink Modern Mickey Or Vintage Mickey at DCA?

The Modern Mickey or Vintage Mickey or does make a difference? for example the new ferris wheel will have the Vintage Mickey? Give it a thought! as for me I would prefer the New Mickey But I do understand the concept DCA has about the 20's but in reality it is suppose to be a new park so give me your opinions?

• LOL!!!!!!! (MC teen joke)

Re: Modern Mickey Or Vintage Mickey at DCA?

To go with the 20th century theme, I greatly prefer the vintage mickey.

• Fancy that...

You're talking about the characters in the parks?

If so, than I think it would be really cool to see a vintage Mickey character for Paradise Pier.

• All-American

I think vintage Mickey will help give DCA the unique identity the park is currently craving. Providing a historical look at Disney is a topic unexplored at any other Disney park, and I think such a perspective will make DCA feel relevant, in a way, to nostalgic Disneyland-fans, while providing a fresh and interesting experience to first-timers.

• Wilderness Explorer

Well stated, MarkTwain. I think that vintage characters could aid in adding that sense of nostalgia that DCA inherently lacks by being such a young park. While we're at it...since the Fun Wheel will reference the Fab Five cartoon shorts in general...could the vintage character costumes refrences the shorts as well?

For example, Goofy could be in his "How to Swim" costume on Paradise Pier instead of "Goof Troop" era vacation clothes he wears now...

http://www.sandersartstudio.com/catalog/000_0027.JPG

Donald and the nephews could be in Grizzley Peak in these costumes...

http://www.collecto-mania.com/disney...GoodScouts.jpg

And while we're at it...can we please have Humphrey and the Ranger rather than the very non-magical Brother Bear?

http://www.world-wide-art.com/art/va...mphreybear.jpg

It would totally go with that Roosevelt Era National Parks theme that they hope to implement one day...
    Last edited by NeverNeverland; 03-24-2009 at 11:58 AM. Reason: hotlinked pictures removed. Hotlinking not allowed.

• Senior Minion

I agree, vintage is a nice twist for DCA. I really think it's smart for them to take advantage of the love the fans have for DL and its history and make DCA a park that has more Disney nostalgia. It really will make DCA more rich and complex in its theming while also providing some much needed organization and direction.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

I would definitely be in favor of as many vintage looking characters as possible and love the idea of the Fab Five dressing in outfits seen in the cartoons.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

• Only the Lonely

Blog Entries

I love vintage mickey...I was happy to see the pie faced mickey on the concept at blue sky...so vintage mickey all the way
    "Your dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." Walt Disney

[

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Is no Mickey an option?

That is if I had a choice. But being that they are going to do this, I would go for vintage Mickey.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Oooohhh Humphrey Bear & J Autobaun (sp) Woodlore (the ranger) would be awesome!

• Missing Main Street

Yeah, Pirate_Tim, great ideas!

The vintage stuff definately belongs in the newly themed DCA.

• ...TWO BITS!

There was a post somewhere recently showing off Donald in a scouting uniform in I think DAK.

Quote Originally Posted by pirate_tim View Post
    http://www.world-wide-art.com/art/va/printjpgs/d/wdisney/cc/parkrangerhumphreybear.jpg

It would totally go with that Roosevelt Era National Parks theme that they hope to implement one day...
    I'm all for it.

I was surprised to see this in a Frontierland store. Actually, just the bear, I think someone bought the ranger.

I think a year ago, there was a pin trading event themed around these characters.
    Last edited by NeverNeverland; 03-24-2009 at 11:59 AM. Reason: hotlinked photo removed

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• 1st Visit: 7/23/1955

Quote Originally Posted by MarkTwain View Post
    I think vintage Mickey will help give DCA the unique identity the park is currently craving. Providing a historical look at Disney is a topic unexplored at any other Disney park, and I think such a perspective will make DCA feel relevant, in a way, to nostalgic Disneyland-fans, while providing a fresh and interesting experience to first-timers.
    Very well put. I vote vintage for the above reasons.

• DL Obsessed

I like the idea. Especially since Silly Symphonies is coming back and stuff. My only issue is that it might confuse kids, going to DL, seeing 1 mickey, and then DCA seeing a different one, but i could be wrong. Any opinions on that?

I would love to see them in older costumes, giving it a vintage disney feel.

• Unhelpful User

Wink Re: Modern Mickey Or Vintage Mickey at DCA?

Quote Originally Posted by Lukey114 View Post
    I like the idea. Especially since Silly Symphonies is coming back and stuff. My only issue is that it might confuse kids, going to DL, seeing 1 mickey, and then DCA seeing a different one, but i could be wrong. Any opinions on that?

I would love to see them in older costumes, giving it a vintage disney feel.
    It wouldn't confuse them we would just be nostalgic with Our kids and tell them the wonderful story of Disney

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast