Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Senior Minion

Joshrzmeup's 3/8-3/10 Trip Report

So, I started this yesterday and was almost done (all in one post - I know - silly me) when mozilla crashed on me. So I am attempting this again in multiple posts.

My dad is currently deployed until mid-July (or even September possibly) so it's been me and my mom for awhile now, and with everything that has been going on lately we decided that we needed a vacation, we needed to get away, and where better to get away to than Disneyland!!!
    We made a stop off in Sacramento for a few days visiting friends, seeing old hangouts, etc.
    My mom's best friend had never been to Disneyland so she came with us, and my best friend had also never been to Disneyland even though she now lives about 1 1/2 hours away from the park and I hadn't seen her in 5 years. (she was only able to stay 1 day L )

We left for OC on the 7th and just hung out at the hotel and walked down to the Garden Walk that evening for dinner (very nice place, even more so at night, and only 10-15 minute walk from the hotel).

So, on the morning of the 8th, we got up very early as we wanted to get there before the park opened. Our first stop (besides a photo in front of the Castle) was Fantasyland, where we took a trip with Peter Pan over the skies of London.

After that, we decided to walk around and head over to Pirates, as my mom had not been on the re-vamped version yet (her last DL trip was 9 years ago), and it was enjoyed by all. Next up was Splash, and the nice daughter that I am, I told my mom and her friend that they needed to sit in the front because that is where you get the least wet and a better view. Well, they got soaked, head to toe. Oops….lol

So, as they dried off by going on the tea cups, my friend and I headed down Main Street on our way to California Adventure to get a Screamin Fast Pass and we ran into these two great people:

So after a trip on Screamin (for the two young ladies in the group)

We decided to walk around a bit and see the Animation Studio:

(I totally want this picture for my room)

And our first big stopping point was

Hmmm...he's cute..I wonder how I can steal him away from Belle....

I took the quiz and ended up as:

(Ok, i'll take it)

Next......
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

• Looking for Hidden Mickey

Re: Joshrzmeup's 3/8-3/10 Trip Report

So far so good! Sorry to hear about mozilla crashing on you.
    Check out my page at www.myspace.com/wheresmickey

Check out my pin collection at www.pinpics.com. User name is WheresMickey

• Senior Minion

We walked around much more, seeing The Tiki Room (they loved it!) and just having fun. My mom and I even introduced our friends to their first-ever Churro! So, sas night was drawing to a close and my friend didn’t have much time left with us, she wanted to go on Indiana Jones, so my mom and her friend saved seats for Fantasmic as my friend and I headed to Indy. So after about an hour wait (and an interesting story to tell – will tell later) we headed down to the river to find our group. We ended up finding them and sitting just in time for the show to start. (it won't let me embed youtube)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MI_8jfxE8zU

After Fantasmic, we braved the sea of people and made our way back to main street to catch the last part of RDCT, which they loved and were amazed at (we later saw the show the whole way through the next night). I was sad for the night to end even after more shopping on Main Street, and I was sad that my friend couldn't stay more, but we promised to keep in touch more and it was a fantastic day that had some great memories and some even greater laughs.

So, the next morning I was on a mission, I wanted to get my picture taken with my favorite Disney character and Princess, Belle. So after going to city hall to find out when she would be there, I headed down there and waited in line about 30 minutes or so. No Belle. I saw Snow White, Cinderella (who looks better with the short sleeves) and Sleeping Beauty.

Went back the next day when City Hall said she would be there and after waiting 2 hours in line (NEVER again!!) still NO Belle!! Only other Princess I saw the next day was Mulan:

So after hanging around Toon Town a bit, at the urging of some MiceChatters the previous day, we headed to the Sleeping Beauty walk-through.

I thought it was amazing and very well-done. It all looked so great and everything so vivid!! The door freaked me out as did Malificent's Shadow (scary, but way cool!).

More next...

Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

• Senior Minion

So off to California Adventure where I FINALLY convinced my mom that it was ok to go on ToT, that you were in an enclosed space, you were buckled in and your feet were firmly on the ground (she hated Soarin because there was nothing below her feet and she was high in the air and really felt like she was flying – she freaked out). So she braved it, and she ended up liking it very much. Her problem – in the picture (the first and second time we went on it) someone in front of us put their hands up, blocking her face, lol)

So after we headed back to the park to drop off stuff, we saw the Band playing in front of the Castle and decided to check them out:

For lunch, my mom's friend was told by friends that we had to eat at the Rainforest Cafe, so we decided to, since I had never eaten there before.
    The meal was great as was the atmosphere (my mom and her friend got matching light-up drinks, lol) and even though we were stuffed, we knew we had to try and eat it. The Volcano!!!

(I think I ended up eating half my portion it was so rich and I was so stuffed)

So back to the park after doing more shopping at DTD (I really didn't end up buying much, but the same can't be said for my mom...)
    My camera doesn't have the best for night pictures (even in anti-shake mode or night mode) so I tried everything to get a nice, clear night pic of the castle.

(The best I could do)

Next...

• Senior Minion

The next morning while my mom and her friend went back to the hotel in mid-day to print out our boarding passes for the next day, I wandered the park along for awhile and found my way over to Pixie Hollow.

I ended up meeting Iridessa (I think) who taught me to pose like a Fairy

and the famous, TinkerBell!

Then I went for a ride on Space Mountain where I was so bored that I fell asleep on the ride..

So, on our way out to California Adventure, we decided to take the horse-drawn trolly down Main Street to rest our legs, and who should join us and serenade us the whole way but the Dapper Dans!!

YouTube - Dapper Dans

I thought it was so cool!!!! So we stayed on for another trip just to hear them sing more

Next...

• Senior Minion

So we convinced my mom’s friend to go to ToT with us and it freaked her out yes, she she survived and enjoyed it.

(Poor mom, more arms blocking her face..lol)

After that, we headed over to the Blue Sky Cellar to see what was coming up for CA. I ws impressed with all that will be coming. I can't wait until it's all done and I can see how much it has changed and that it will really have an atmosphere and a theme to it. But what I can't wait for is:

By that time, we had to head back to DL to make our dinner reservation time at the Blue Bayou (I wanted Ariel's Grotto, but mom didn't). I wasn't aware that the yummy monte cristo was lunch only so I had the chicken which was so-so. But we decided to get dessert and got the Flying Dutchman, which was really good!!!

But we had fun waving to all the people passing by on Pirates boats, and lifting our glasses to them, most people waving back and telling us to have a drink for them, lol.

But as the park came to a close, it was time go to back to the hotel and back home to the cold (the day we left it was 20, Cali was 50-70, came home, it was 30..yeah, as soon as we realized that we wanted to turn around and go right back, lol.

California, I will miss you.....I had tons of fun and want to go back.

The End

(story about Indiana Jones - While in Line (outside before getting near the ramp to start going in) a lady was calling out a kids name, just casually. And then told her kids to call that kids name too, she said he was lost and he wasn't her kid but he was in her group. Mind you, the woman did not sound panicked as any normal person would be if a kid in your group was lost. And when she and her son were describing what he looked like and was wearing, they were conflicting - big time. This went on for about 5 minutes or so, the woman never sounding panicked till one of her older kids (maybe) came over and said, "oh, we found him he's with the ride personel at the front of the line right now, he went there to wait." So the lady told the guy that they were much further in line before the kid was lost (BIG lie - they were behind us when we got in line) and the guys lets them all the way in to "where they were before".
    So I guess this is the new way of cutting in line, guess now I know.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

I am glad you had fun on your trip and that you shared your trip report. You did a great job even if it was a do-over.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Great trip report Glad you had a good time!

What a horrible way to cut in line
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Great report! Glad you had fun and hope your dad stays safe, and the next trip to Disneyland he'll get to be with you guys!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Animation Domination

Man, those cakes are getting me hungry.
    Love those TOT photos.
    "You are watching FOX"

Great Trip Report!!!

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    Great report! Glad you had fun and hope your dad stays safe, and the next trip to Disneyland he'll get to be with you guys!
    Thanks!! My dad (having been to WDW with my mom) prefers WDW over Disneyland while my mom prefers Disneyland.
    I had fun and I want to go back soon, but as it costs money I don't have...well...

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Goin' to Kansas City. Kansas City Here I Come

Great TR Joshrzmeup. I enjoyed it!
    "C:\Documents and Settings\martinla\My Documents\My Pictures\WINDVD Capture\cap014.jpg"
    Home away from Home.

Sounds like a wonderful time!!!

• Delawarean Girl

Great Trip Report, Audrey. I loved seeing your happy face in many of the pictures. I had to laugh at your shocking faces on ToT, too. Those desserts look so awesome and huge. I doubt I would even finish most of them, hardly.

I love seeing that you had a wonderful time at Disneyland.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast