Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

• Banned User

Dont even bother going to DCA...Toy Story Mania coming to Wii...

"
    Disney Interactive Studios Announces Toy Story Mania!, Inspired by the Disney/Pixar Feature Film “Toy Story,” Exclusively for Wii™
    Beloved “Toy Story” Characters and Theme Park Attraction Provide Backdrop for Family-Friendly Carnival-Style Video Game

BURBANK, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Disney Interactive Studios today announced Toy Story Mania!, inspired by the Disney/Pixar animated feature “Toy Story,” will be released exclusively for the Wii™ home video game console this fall. Toy Story Mania! showcases an array of entertaining games based on the new Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney World Resort attractions, while featuring the iconic characters and humor from the popular Disney/Pixar “Toy Story” franchise.

“The ‘Toy Story’ franchise is a fun, dynamic and heart-warming series containing characters and themes that connect with every age group,” said Craig Relyea, senior vice president of global marketing, Disney Interactive Studios. “Toy Story Mania! combines those popular elements with the unique antics of the new theme park attraction for the ultimate in family entertainment.”

In Toy Story Mania!, players experience the fast-paced, zany fun of the Toy Story Mania! theme park attraction, which is an interactive experience requiring 3D glasses and involving rapid or quick-firing shooting galleries. In addition to galleries adapted from the attraction, the game includes new and original galleries and a series of mini games, all hosted by beloved characters from the movies. The thematically-connected levels are designed for up to four players of all ages with competitive and co-operative multiplayer options. Toy Story Mania! also includes bonus 3D features, transforming the game experience with eye-popping visuals.

The Pixar-created “Toy Story” and ”Toy Story 2” have both had successful box office and DVD sales. The Disney Digital 3D™ theatrical re-release of “Toy Story” is in the works and will open in theatres on October 2, 2009, followed by the 3D re-release of “Toy Story 2” opening on February 12, 2010, leading up to the premiere of “Toy Story 3” in 3D summer 2010. Toy Story Mania! is the first video game to place characters from these films into a carnival game setting and is expected to resonate with fans of the films and the attraction, as well as gamers who like pick-up-and-play party games.

Developed by Papaya Studio, Toy Story Mania! will be available this fall exclusively for Wii. "

What the heck was the point of wasting money creating a ride when they could have just sold the software for Wii in the first place?

I would have rather seen something more unique/noncartoon-tie in at the park

• Banned User

Re: Dont even bother going to DCA...Toy Story Mania coming to Wii...

Holy bananas. This is odd. As long as they don't advertise it their won't be confusion.

• or CBF

There's already a thread in the Digital Gaming forum about this:

http://micechat.com/forums/digital-g...eased-wii.html
    MHTSEIAHTECTESVEIBIECSETR

Find me on:Facebook / Twitter
    (Send me a message saying you are from MC)

• I'm not really here

And I'll still be going to DCA... as cool as a game console is... playing it in my living room is not the same as being in real world 3d environment moving through it on one of the most technologically advanced ride controlled systems in existence. And my tv doesn't squirt me with jets of air or water either. Wii is cool, but still not as good as really going to the park. Though this may help you increase your score.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

this is not a good idea for parks and resorts. Especially if people play the game at home and start to wonder why a certain gallery isnt playable.

Disney needs to wake up

• or CBF

The article says that the same galleries are going to be playable in the game as in the ride, along with all new ones.
    MHTSEIAHTECTESVEIBIECSETR

Find me on:Facebook / Twitter
    (Send me a message saying you are from MC)

• Banned User

That's kind of awesome!

• Here's my 2 cents

makes no difference, me and the kids will just hone our skills at home for the real thing at DCA
    I reject your reality and substitute my own

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

so... just curious.

What makes you think that I only go to DCA for Toy Story Midway Mania?

Just wondering.

• living in the sprawl

Blog Entries

For people who don't get to visit the parks on a regular basis (cough cough), a game like this will be fun and well wanted.

• Vikings > Everything

This is going to be great practice.
    Do you like pictures of Disneyland at night? Check out my thread of epic photos here.

Updated 3/17

Do you like pictures of DCA at night? Sure you do, check them out here.

Updated 2/28

• I'm not really here

It's also not like this is the first time something like this has been done. Buzz Lightyear has a play at home version that is actually interacting with the in park ride. It's actually pretty amazing. Things you do in the online game activate the targets in the ride and when someone on the ride hits an activated target, it turns on something in the online game. So you are working together. Most people don't have a clue about this, but it's a lot of fun actually.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Ready for takeoff

This is out-freaking-standing. My boys are going to be so excited about this!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    And I'll still be going to DCA... as cool as a game console is... playing it in my living room is not the same as being in real world 3d environment moving through it on one of the most technologically advanced ride controlled systems in existence. And my tv doesn't squirt me with jets of air or water either. Wii is cool, but still not as good as really going to the park.
    I can't believe you're serious. If you want, you can pay me the $75 admission fee to your house, and I'll squirt you with water.

I'll even let you stand in line for the privilege.

Yay! Can't wait! Sounds super fun! Both the game and 3D Movies!

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast