• Unhelpful User

Wink I got My Annual Passport for $65.. How you may ask

Shhhhh! don't tell anyone..just go on your B-day and pay the rest later.. it's that simple Get a year free for as little as $65

This is my story I went on my B -day And I got in for free, Then a CM told me if I want to become a AP and Im not a big fan of AP's cause I only go to The park once or twice a year anyway the CM told you can get the Socal Select AP in which the Day (which in I got in free because of my B-day) pass goes towards credit for the annual passport I would only have to pay the remaining balance which would $65 for the Socal Select AP's

So that was pretty cool, do this deal on your Birthday
    Last edited by DCAfanatic; 03-24-2009 at 10:38 PM.

• Banned User

Re: I got My Annual Passport for $65.. How you may ask

If I lived in So. Cal. I would SO do this. I have a feeling this isn't what Disney had in mind when they created this free birthday ticket!

• Senior Minion

They allow it, obviously they don't see it as a bad thing. They don't have to give any value to the free B-day entry. Obviously they figure if they can get someone who otherwise wouldn't have bought an AP to get one it's a win for them. Most either will spend lots more in the park on their return trips or buy the AP and realize they have a job and can pretty much never use it anyway and upgrade again or get no use out of the extra $65. Plus many will end up liking having an AP and will pay full price for years to come and often others in their party will also buy full price APs.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by I Heart Disneyland View Post
    If I lived in So. Cal. I would SO do this. I have a feeling this isn't what Disney had in mind when they created this free birthday ticket!
    If Disneyland did not have it in mind, they would not allow it.

Disneyland absolutely had this in mind. It lowers the price of an AP and gets people to keep on coming back and spending money in the park.

It's not a coincidence that AP sales are rumored to be setting records this year.

• The line's too long...

Quote Originally Posted by MAH4546 View Post
    Disneyland absolutely had this in mind. It lowers the price of an AP and gets people to keep on coming back and spending money in the park.
    The big "if" is whether APers spend significantly less per visit than guests who buy their ticket just for the day. Many APers admit they only visit the park for a few hours at a time so it is doubtful they spend much in the park during that brief period. I support the concept of an AP program, it's just that Disney is selling it waaaay too cheap, and it's making the park really packed. "Loopholes" like this, whether by design or oversight, makes it look like Disney is allergic to money.

haha!! nice share...cool..
    thanE

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by MAH4546 View Post
    If Disneyland did not have it in mind, they would not allow it.

It's not a coincidence that AP sales are rumored to be setting records this year.
    In that case, good for Disney. It is working well for the So. Cal. residents. I have an AP even though I live in Seattle! I couldn't make it on my b-day, but, will be there soon anyway! I get every single penny worth out of my AP even though I live out of state. And, yes, I spend tons of money at Disney! That's what going there is for.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Of course the So Cal Select also has the highest amount of block out days. Its only good for 170 days of the year and you're only saving $69 over the actual cost of the pass itself.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Always watching...

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    Of course the So Cal Select also has the highest amount of block out days. Its only good for 170 days of the year and you're only saving $69 over the actual cost of the pass itself.
    And, I bet they are hoping these people will want to take advantage of their pass more often and will be willing to pay for blackout tickets a few times a year, for more perceived value.

But, it's still a good deal, if you are able to spend weekdays at the park.