Thread: Repeat question

• Sock Puppet

Question Repeat question

When reviewing updates or trip reports, does it less the suspence or surprise when you arrive at DL or DCA?

I noticed when I took my mom; she was surprised about some of the new decore and my attitude was more nonchalant. I think I'm going to reduce my attention towards these updates, because I would have loved to have been as surprised as her.

Just my opinion - don't go posting sarcastic comments.

• I'm not really here

Re: Repeat question

For me it actually heightens the experience. In looking at photos and trip reports, I learn about and notice details that I hadn't before, and I can see the park through another persons eyes. It offers a fresh perspective on the parks that I don't necessarily get on my own.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Senior Monorail Minion

For me, the weekly updates don't ruin the surprise that much. I mean seeing a picture of Monorail Blue for instance did not do it justice. However, I refuse to read reviews of new attractions until I see them.
    WELCOME ABOARD
    THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!
    by intoxication, i'm pretty sure the OP meant that disneyland just gave us a free acid trip.
    -PLAUGED reffering to the Winnie the Pooh ride...

• 1st Visit: 7/23/1955

Since I don't get to the park as much as I did when I lived right around the corner I enjoy taking a peek at what's new. Makes me feel like I'm still in on things.

• Here's my 2 cents

I'm jaded no matter what I do or don't read about the park, I suppose if I didnt go so often I woudnt feel that way. Also, the way I filter the experience as an adult (that frequents the park more often) compared to when I was a kid (and only went every 3-5 years) is much different.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own

• De la Terre la Luke

I love looking through people's photos in their trip reports, it just makes me want to go and find the stuff they've captured.

I like the updates because i get to see the work that has been done on the park, which i am not able to see on the regular basis. I get just as excited reading the updates as seeing them in real life.

• =)

It increases the excitement at home at the expense of the excitement in the park. Sometimes that's a worthwhile tradeoff for me, and sometimes it's not. I definitely found the park to be more...special, I suppose, back when I only went once every few years and barely heard any news or anything in between visits. But I also didn't have hours upon hours of Disneyland-related enjoyment between those visits.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

IU don't read trip reports anymore.

1) Because there are too many for me to keep up with
    2) I don't want to be able to constantly view Disneyland. Doing that would make Disneyland seem like a normal place after awhile.
    3) I don't even read much about what's going on in the parks because I want to be surprised.

I love the insight given in the TR's. Case in point: Because of Datameister's TR I am now going to be in search of the "secret bathroom" - something I otherwise would have known nothing about. I will be at DL 5 weeks from today and I can not wait to see through my own eyes all that is happening at DL.
    Deedlebug

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

i like to read the TRs so i know where the changes are, and what to look for. i dont' tell my husband about most of them so he is surprised by them, and i get to enjoy things from his point of view
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

• Sock Puppet

(Everyone) Thanks for your thoughts; this has helped me move on from the ignorant ways me walking around the park with my eyes wide shut.