Thread: Tours

• Wishing upon a star....

Tours

Hey y'all. I have been lurking for a while and really enjoy this site. Growing up in San Diego and going to college in Orlando...I have been lucky enough to enjoy Disney many times in many ways. I just got married in August and my husband has never been...at all! We are in Salt Lake City now. We are going to DLR on October 6th and using a 3 day park hopper. I figure October would be good because he is a huge Halloween fan and the park looks great that time of year. I have not been since fall of 2007 so this site has been keeping me up to date. So here is my question. Are the tours worth it? I see on the Disney site that you can pay for different tours? Are any of them worth the money? I have never been on one. But do you think my husband would benefit from one since he is 35 and visiting for the first time? Thanks

• :)

Re: Tours

The "Walk In Walt's footsteps" tour is great for first timers as well as those who know a little more about the company & disneyland's history & heritage, since you said he loves halloween I would recommend the Happy Haunts tour over the Walk In Walt's footsteps tour, plan ahead, it's good stuff!

• Mortals pay a token fee.

The tours are a wonderful experience especially for a true Disney fan. Be aware that these tours do "eat up" half of your day at the parks and someone who is visiting for the first time may want to spend more time on attractions. That really is the only downside to any of the tours. I agree that the walk in walts footsteps is an excellent tour, and if they do it again, there may be a Halloween themed tour which takes you on several park attractions. Keep an ear out until September to see if that will become available again. Good choice on your visiting dates, the weekend before it will be VERY busy.

• Closed Account

I would highly recommend beginning your visit by taking the 30 minute, complimentary "Disneyland Today" tour. You can pretty much stop by the Guided Tours kiosk at any time of the day to request one, and if you do it in early in the day or in the afternoon you can almost certainly get a guide right then.
    For your husband who has never been to the park, it will be a great way to learn the layout of the land, what entertainment will be provided that day, and other helpful tips that can make your first visit much more enjoyable. As a more seasoned Disney fan, you will have the opportunity to ask someone who knows about all of the other tours to find out which one would fit you best, and probably get some cool trivia on the way. Although it is a structured tour with planned stops, the guides are always happy to cater it to your interests and tell you what you want to know (especially because it will most likely be just your family and the guide).
    It's a great way to start a trip, because you can use what you learn to plan out the rest of your stay.

• Wishing upon a star....

Wow. Great advice. I think he would love a Happy Haunts tour. I do worry that a tour would take up too much time. But I want him to get the most out of this first trip. I am not sure if more park time or a tour would be better for him.

• Squaw NO gettum firewood!

Happiest Haunts and Walk in Walt's Footsteps are the longest tours, clocking in at 3 hours and 3.5 hours, respectively. Remember that you're doing a few attractions on the tours as well, so it's not like you're wasting time you COULD be using at attractions.
    "Remember 'Old Yeller'? We shot the dog." - Roy E. Disney

• Sock Puppet

We've done the Walk in Walt's Footsteps Tour three times so far.

Yep, we enjoy it!