Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Minion

Disneyland Half-Marathon

I was just wondering if anyone was going to be doing the inagurual half-marathon next year at Disneyland. It is only 13.1 miles! (I did a full marathon a little over a year ago, so this is going to be good and it is flat) And you get a medal!

Re: Disneyland Half-Marathon

Not gonna do the H/M but am seriously looking at the 5K. Just did my first this past July 4th.

241 miles from the Happiest Place on Earth

My daughter (ODV93) did the WDW Marathon in 2001. We will both be signing up for this one the day the registration opens!!! Can't wait!
    Namaste

...I'm not old, I'm just older...bonjovi

• mannequins man

Thumbs up Re: Disneyland Half-Marathon

I signed up for it. I have done the WDW full marthon 2x, and this year I'm doing the full and the half because they put them on separate days and offered the "Goofy Challenge" - if you do both you get not only the mickey medal for the full, and the donald for the half, but also a goofy medal for being goofy enough to do both. I also just did my first WDW Triathlon! That was cool - swimming in the lagoon out by the Contemporary, and taking your bike on the ferry boat across to the staging area.

See you out there next fall!

• Official Mice Chat person

I didn't even know Disney parks did this. Where do they start/end?

• mannequins man

You can find out more at www.disneysports.com. Even though that site is mainly based on the Florida offerings, it includes the Disneyland Half Marathon.

• Minion

I did the San Diego Rock n Roll Marathon in June 2004. I saw that Disneyland is having a half, I want to do the full in Disney World someday, I just had to sign up. Better yet my boyfirend has been wanting to get into shape, so he signed up too! If you go to mouseplanet and click on last week's Disneyland Update, in the article it contains a link to early registar. I am sure this is going to sell out fast, especially being the first one!

I signed up for the DL 1/2, along with my sister and my mom! It's going to be a family outing for us. Hopefully we'll have a mice age meet when we're there!

• Man O Lantern

Well, holy smoke, I think I might just DO that!!!

Sounds like a good reason to get off my butt and run again. I'm so out of shape right now, it's horrible! I practically died walking the Race for the Cure a few weeks ago.

Hmmmm, I think I'll sign up. On October 15! That's soooon! Okay. I'm at least going to sign up!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • It's SisterP Time!

Blog Entries

Seriously considering it stinkerbell? I'm really thinking about it.

• Minion

Remember no refunds, so once you sign up you are committed! Also would like to start a support group for anyone training, if anyone is interested.

•   
    • Prefect

Blog Entries

i'm signing my youngling up for the 200 yard dash. he's a fast little guy & LOVES to run! i've been looking for track & field opportunities for him, but because he's so young, this is the first thing i've found. so cool that it will be at DL, too!!
    <o>

I'll be doing it... I've already signed up. I've done the half at WDW the last couple years and will be doing the full this next January (registered too late and missed the half signup oops! ). Wish me luck on that one.

For those that would be interested in running the race, please note that if you haven't started running already it might be a bit tough to have enough base built up to run the half well. You might be able to just gut it out but it's not good for you and you run the risk of getting hurt. But if you want to run the half or the 5k, can I suggest the running website http://www.coolrunning.com ? (mods if it's bad to post links please just edit that part). It's the site I used to get started, they have a wonderful program called the couch to 5k that will get you running (not walking running (albeit not super fast)) in a 8 week period and you'll be running 3 miles at a go. From there you can build up to a half marathon if you'd like, there are also runners of all levels from beginners to ultra marathoners (runs of 100+miles in one go) that are always happy to answer just about any questions you have about running.

• mannequins man

Re: Goofy's Race and a Half Challenge 2006

I completed the first ever "Goofy's Race and a Half Challenge" yesterday at WDW. This was the first year they separated the Half Marathon and Full onto separate days. The 1/2 was Saturday, and the full Sunday. If you completed both in the allowable time, you received not only the Donald and Mickey finisher's medals, but also the Goofy Medal, in the shape of his hat. I ran both races wearing one of those large green foam Goofy hats, which got a lot of cheers from the crowds.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast