Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Wishing upon a star....

What is worth extra money?

My husband and I are going to DLR in October. It will be his first time, so I really want to maximize his experience.

I read here that Fantasmic has reserved seating for $59 a person. I did not read about this on Disney's site and would not have know this was an option if I had not be lurking here.

Is this worth the extra money? And more importantly...what else is out there that cost a bit more but is really worth it?

Thanks for your input. This place is fantastic and I really enjoy reading all your threads.

• Sock Puppet

Re: What is worth extra money?

We've enjoyed the reserved seating up on the balcony of the (former) Gallery twice.

Excellent experience!

I've never done it in the seating area near the smoking section, so I can't comment on that, but I also can't imagine the view from there being as nice as from a balcony.

The desserts and snacks were terrific. No complaints from us!

• Wishing upon a star....

That sounds great. I think we will totally do this! Thanks.

But I did not see anything about this on Disney's site...so if I had not been reading stuff here, I would not have known that I could pay for dessert and prime seats. Did I just miss it on their site?

Am I missing other opportunities? Is there anything else out there that is worth paying for that can make our trip more special? Money is a concern, but since we have until October to save...we still want to do some extra special things.

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf75 View Post
    My husband and I are going to DLR in October. It will be his first time, so I really want to maximize his experience.

I read here that Fantasmic has reserved seating for $59 a person. I did not read about this on Disney's site and would not have know this was an option if I had not be lurking here.

Is this worth the extra money? And more importantly...what else is out there that cost a bit more but is really worth it?

Thanks for your input. This place is fantastic and I really enjoy reading all your threads.
    No, it's not worth it.
    I think the opinions will go back and forth on this, and there will not be a consensus.
    Also, you can skip Fantasmic!.

Other things that cost more but are worth it: Napa Rose for dinner at GCH.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• =)

There is simply so much to do in the resort that doesn't cost anything beyond admission that I prefer to focus on those and keep the cost down. Rides and shows are free, generally...walking around is free...eating outside food is at least cheaper than buying it there...there's just so much to fill the time with that when money is a concern - and it usually is for me - it seems better to just make do with those. Makes it that much easier to come back sooner!

• Im the fun mommy :)

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf75 View Post

do it!!!!!!!!!!!
    I have gone many times and in those occasions was told it was not worth it, but I have never really seen fantasmic up close, its always to busy and packed so I am in the back trying to see clearly. this year I will be doing the fantasmic seating. I want up close and a seat!
    -------------------------------------------
    I miss dole whips......... can someone mail me one??

• DAFD

We did it last year and I thought it was so worth it. We had a great view (which we were first in line for seat assignments...strongly reccommend) which we filmed and got really good shots and the dessert tray was an added bonus. You get seated and you have your own server who serves you hot chocolate, coffee, water, pop. You get a plastic tray with some chocolate strawberries, brownies, cookies, etc and some cheeses. I'm glad we went to the showing before the fireworks because they were right after and we could just stay in our seats and watch. It's expensive for the seats and I say it was worth it.

• Squaw NO gettum firewood!

IF you know you want to see Fantasmic, the seating is absolutely worth it. Saves you an hour or two of wasted sitting-on-the-hard-concrete-waiting time, PLUS it comes with assorted deserts! (Mmmm...Mickey Crispies...nom nom nom)

Also, I'm biased, but I think the guided tours are worth it depending on the guests. They're not for everyone, but for those interested in learning some history about the resort and getting a good overview of the resort they're a bargain!
    "Remember 'Old Yeller'? We shot the dog." - Roy E. Disney

• Here's my 2 cents

I have only done this on the balcony (and it was beyond outstanding), havent tried the river level yet. but I agree, it'll spare you the hassle of getting there early just to get a good veiwing spot and if you're looking for the special moment to remember, it's pretty cheap compared to, say, club 33, I've seen the show from up there too and the view was just "ok" and it cost me $400!
    I reject your reality and substitute my own

• ...TWO BITS!

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    No, it's not worth it.
    I think the opinions will go back and forth on this, and there will not be a consensus.
    Also, you can skip Fantasmic!.

Other things that cost more but are worth it: Napa Rose for dinner at GCH.
    Well considering it's the husband's first time, YEAH, they should probably see Fantasmic at least once. They have the Dream Suite up there now, so I'm not sure if they still do the balcony seating. I should hope so.

I THINK you go to the guest relations window on the west side of Disneyland entrance near the lockers to ask about the F! balcony. Don't quote me on that.

Ask for a "1st visit" button from guest relations or information booth.

Also ask about a visit to the Lilly Belle on the steam trains.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• Captain Pineapple

Since the Dream Suite has been there, you can no longer sit up there for Fantasmic! It is all river-side seating only..

I believe to do this, you have to call the Disney Dining Line, but I'm not positive on that. Although I do know that it should be reserved in advance. BUT Fantasmic! may or may not be running in October, that's the main key. It SHOULD be, but you never know with Entertainment schedules.

• Squaw NO gettum firewood!

The premium viewing for Fantasmic can be booked up to 30 days in advance by calling Tickets and Reservations at 714-781-4400, or day of (availability permitting) at Guest Services, Guest Relations, The Guest Relations Lobby in DCA or City Hall in DL. Dining line is a good guess (Again...mickey crispies...nom nom nom!) but they cannot book the premium viewing.
    "Remember 'Old Yeller'? We shot the dog." - Roy E. Disney

• Joyfully Addicted to Disn

Some things that are soooo Totally worth it at least once in a lifetime.
    #1 Staying on property (Still dreaming of staying in the Dream Suite)
    #2 Ears. With name or without, just once in a life time if that is all you need or every time is ok to.
    #3 Special seating for Fantasmic!
    #4 Dinner on the water at Blue Bayou.
    #5 At least one park tour.
    #6 A character meal. (Still need to get this one in)
    #7 At least one hug from every Billy in the Billy Hill and the Hillbillies show.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

If you LIKE Fantasmic and think he will - then do the seating.
    If neither of you have seen it, then don't do the seating.

If you have the time, I think the tours are worth it.
    The pommes frites at Cafe Orleans and the monte cristo are worth the money too!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Im the fun mommy :)

I say if you both have not seen it and want something fun to do in the night time, then do it. I loved it and will be doing the priority seating again in august.
    -------------------------------------------
    I miss dole whips......... can someone mail me one??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast