• Im the fun mommy :)

disneyland resort questions

I have a few questions please.
    1. if I stay on property can I do more then 1 magic morning? I got this from another site that said I can do it as often as its offered, is this right?
    also can I still go into the grand californian to go directly into DCA when it opens if I stayed at the paradise pier?
    here is the perks this one site says are offered., are they still offered?

General Perks - available at all three hotels:

• The walk through Downtown Disney rather than the walk down Harbor Boulevard.
    • The Disney presence throughout the hotel and your room providing you with a continuity of Disney magic.
    • Disney Cast Members.
    • Disney Restaurants.
    • Early Entry every day it is offered.
    • Complimentary Vacation Planning services - especially if you are going during a crowded time. They will make all of our reservations for you on top of their other services.
    • Monorail use - which is currently only for Disney Resort Hotel guests
    • You can use the Grand Californian hotel entrance into Disney's Grand Californian at opening and throughout the day.
    • Pinocchio's Workshop - a childcare center for children aged 5 - 12.
    • You can charge your resort meals and purchases to your room.
    • You can have your purchases sent to the bell desk for pickup the next day
    • If you make your reservations through AAA and Walt Disney Travel Company each person will get enhanced Fastpass while at the resort.
    • The hotel lobbies play Disney music.
    • Mickey Mouse wake-up calls.
    • Build-A-Bear offers early entry several days a week to hotel guests. The reservations must me made through guest services at your hotel. Each person taking advantage of this early entry must purchase a bear or another of the animals they offer. In return you will get a coupon for the cost of your bear/animal which can be used on extras for your critter. Check upon arrival to your hotel for availability.
    • Sephora offers free makeovers for girls aged 12 and up, in addition to many free samples. They also have a clinic for hotel guests only that is offered at 8:30 in the morning on Saturdays and Sundays. The clinic costs $35.00, but you get that back in the form of a gift card before you leave.
    -------------------------------------------
    I miss dole whips......... can someone mail me one??

• Here's my 2 cents

Re: disneyland resort questions

[quote=Mommyto4;3516523]I have a few questions please.
    1. if I stay on property can I do more then 1 magic morning?

Sorry, this has nothing to do with your question and I'm not singling you out (yet I guess I am), but I see this over and over on various threads, but the use of "then" and "than" is wrong. in this case than is the correct usage. Sorry it just bugged in this moment, everyone, please, carry on.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own

• Sock Puppet

Answer to #1... Yes. We usually stay on property and we have taken advantage of multiple MM's when they are offered during our trips.

Yes, you can access DCA thru the GCH. Some might say otherwise, but that has never been our experience.

The rest is pretty much correct, but I don't have a clue about Sephora and Build-A-Bear or AAA since we always book direct.

The Monorail used to utilize a seperate line for Hotel guests but we didn't notice (or need) it during our stay last week. Since they were one way trips, we didn't have to wait more than the next departure.

Plus you can ask for signed pictures of the characters upon check-in. The CM will gladly have the "characters" personalize the pics with your kids names. Balloons too!

Goofy and/or his friends are sometimes found in the Hotel lobby playing with the kids and keeping them busy while the parents check in.

You won't find that special touch in the Castle Inn!!!

And the icing on the cake by staying on-property is the fact that you don't have to rely on the terrible ART system as a shuttle!

Enjoy!

[quote=tomrules1955;3516556]
    Quote Originally Posted by Mommyto4 View Post
    1. if I stay on property can I do more then 1 magic morning?

Sorry, this has nothing to do with your question and I'm not singling you out (yet I guess I am), but I see this over and over on various threads, but the use of "then" and "than" is wrong. in this case than is the correct usage. Sorry it just bugged in this moment, everyone, please, carry on.
    I noticed you are following me around letting me have it over my spelling. I think its rude, childish and down right ignorant to do so when a person is asking a question in a sincere manner ( and holding a 4 year old while typing.) Please do not do this, I'm pretty certain that you have better things to do then razz my posts for your amusement. Have a great weekend

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolMickey View Post
    Answer to #1... Yes. We usually stay on property and we have taken advantage of multiple MM's when they are offered during our trips.

Yes, you can access DCA thru the GCH. Some might say otherwise, but that has never been our experience.

The rest is pretty much correct, but I don't have a clue about Sephora and Build-A-Bear or AAA since we always book direct.

The Monorail used to utilize a seperate line for Hotel guests but we didn't notice (or need) it during our stay last week. Since they were one way trips, we didn't have to wait more than the next departure.

Plus you can ask for signed pictures of the characters upon check-in. The CM will gladly have the "characters" personalize the pics with your kids names. Balloons too!

Goofy and/or his friends are sometimes found in the Hotel lobby playing with the kids and keeping them busy while the parents check in.

You won't find that special touch in the Castle Inn!!!

And the icing on the cake by staying on-property is the fact that you don't have to rely on the terrible ART system as a shuttle!

Enjoy!
    Thank you so much for your help, you answered my questions

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Quote Originally Posted by Mommyto4 View Post
    1. if I stay on property can I do more then 1 magic morning? I got this from another site that said I can do it as often as its offered, is this right?
    also can I still go into the grand californian to go directly into DCA when it opens if I stayed at the paradise pier?
    here is the perks this one site says are offered., are they still offered?

On my last december trip to the parks I did exit DCA through the "secret" hotel entrance to show my family members the Grand Californian Hotel. I did check with the people with the stampers if it was okay to do this.

They agreed it was fine, they let us get our hands stamped and allowed us to go through even though we were not official GCH guests.

I would suspect that if you had dining reservations at one of the GCH establishments and was trying to save time to get to them by exiting DCA to get to them through this entrance, well I'm sure that would be fine.

But as far as getting into the park if you're not a GCH guest... good luck with that. Some Cast Members in uniform take their job very seriously and follow the rules hardcore. So expect the request to be DENIED if you are not a GCH guest.

But I mean why not enter the soon to be destroyed and revamped DCA entrance and then do what I did by visiting the resort and returning back in through the special entrance.

Just my 3 cents. Yes I upped it to 3 cents, better than 2 cents. ;o)
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com