Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tom Sawyer fort

• Former CM

Re: Tom Sawyer fort

To get around the code I can think of 2 things that may work. First try to get the grandfather clause for the Fort. If that doesn't work when redoing the Fort pus an elevator in one of the corner towers to disguise it from the outside. I for one say screw the PC stuff as no matter what happens someone will complain. The guns can be changed if need be, but it was just a freak accident on what happened to that kid. Getting fid of the trigger guard should be enough so that can not happen again. Plus while they are making sure the Fort is not PC they can fix the gas pipe and trim the trees so the cabin can burn again like it should. While they are at it take away the PC in Pirates. I've never thought that Pirates would worry about being PC. I want to see them chasing the women again and not some stupid plate of food.

• insufferable know-it-all

If they put some gun slits on the bottom floor, is the top even required to be accessible? I like the idea of hiding an elevator in one of the turrets, but isn't the walkway on the 2nd level little more than a catwalk anyway? This isn't the great wall of China... However, perhaps make an upper level over the snack bar fully accessible (hide elevator inside snack bar building), then make the rest of the "upper level" stuff the old catwalk style, and unattached to the snack bar area (eg: ladders up to catwalk or something, but have all the same coolness like the guns also in the acessible area - which would be accessible to everyone.) I know I'm not saying it clearly, but I think it would provide the full upper-level experience for everyone that way, without messing *too much* with historical accuracy.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• U. B. Bold

Yes. Placing (kid safe) guns on the lower level would make it ADA compliant. There would be no need for an elevator if the experience was essentially the same below.
    Please visit my Big Thunder/Disney Inspired Model Railroad

Dream big. Do what you love.

yeah it seems simple enough to make it compliant I suppose (especialy if they did end up rebuilding the whole thing)

they can always make the enemy idea vague and inspecific letting the kids fill in the gaps

with guns back in frontierland and jungle cruise I fail to see what's wrong with a few toy guns in the fort

• No Longer The Candidate

Quote Originally Posted by turbo funky
    I think it's funny that America is nicknamed the land of the free, when the fort and donald's boat can't exist, etc. etc. The fort and burning cabin still exist in Tokyo in tact.
    Nobody told Disney that these things can no longer exist. This is a decision that they were free to make. A stupid one, but theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by DifrntDrmr
    Nobody told Disney that these things can no longer exist. This is a decision that they were free to make. A stupid one, but theirs.
    you can also look to WDW which still has both it's fort and the burning cabin

I think I said it earlier in this thread but even still I'm going to recommend complaining it'll be the only way to get the point across

I'd complain too but I'm at a bit of a dissadvantage as far as getting a complaint out to the parks right now (maybe I'll instruct my cousin to carry out my bidding when he goes for a visit this thanksgiving)

• Dont make me unfriend you

Does the island still have the caves and tunnels? It has been years and years since I've been on the Island. I was thinking of taking my kids to the island this trip, but if there is no fort and no tunnels, I may not.

• Former CM

The caves and tunnels are still there.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123