Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 411121314

Re: Opinions of the New Celebrate Street Party (Spoilers!)

^The line was out to the street almost to the curb across the street after the very first showing on the 27th.

• My silly Friend Ariel

I don't have any photos like I though I had but I kind of remember one float had Goofy in Jungel Cruise outfit with the monkeies from Jungel Book. There was one with Aurora and her fairies Donald I thin if I recall had on a space outfit. But it was the parade in between Parade of the Stars and Parade of Dreams. That parade was alot better then this Street Party.

• Lost in Wonderland

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    Try explaining all that to a family of first time visitors who dutifully waited on the parade route for over an hour, and were repeatedly told they're not allowed sit, and were rewarded by the "parade" passing them by.

Try explaining to them why those friendly Disneyland Hosts and Hostesses -- the ones who kept warning them they're not allowed to sit -- didn't warn them it's not a parade and that they're in the wrong spot to see it.

Try explaining to their friends and relatives back home, who are going to get an earful of disappointment, why they should come to Disneyland and see the not-a-parade-but-a-street-party thingie.

And while you're at it, try explaining to the boneheads at TDA how their lame attempts at reinventing the DL wheel keep buying their company bad word-of-mouth.

Umm, all I'm doing is debating your "official" definition of a parade and a street party. And by your definition, the Wave Riders are a parade, which I don't agree with. I'm NOT debating about whether Celebrate! A Street Party is a great show or not.

• Halloween 2011

I find it really interesting that Disney chose "You Can't Stop the Beat" from the musical "Hairspray" as one of the songs used in this performance, especially given John Water's rather subversive and alternative background as a filmmaker. (For those who don't know, Hairspray is based on Water's film by the same name, was turned into a Broadway musical, then the musical version was filmed) John Waters' early films featured drag queen Divine doing all sorts of naughty things - definitely not Disney fare.

• Disneyland Historian

The Small World Mall show stops today did not include confetti. It seems too much was going into the Small World flume so it was cut.

• The line's too long...

Quote Originally Posted by FeistyFigaro View Post
    POD IS NOT COMING BACK!!! bunch of little babies on this thread.
    If the rumor in Al's column is true about PoD coming back, then it looks like someone is going to be eating some major crow...

• Cherry Tart

Quote Originally Posted by dougeebear View Post
    John Waters' early films featured drag queen Divine doing all sorts of naughty things - definitely not Disney fare.
    Well it's not the first time. Don't forget that Divine was also the inspiration for Ursula in The Little Mermaid!

But I don't want to go among MAD people!

Quote Originally Posted by vfire View Post
    If the rumor in Al's column is true about PoD coming back, then it looks like someone is going to be eating some major crow...
    LOL owned... pwned... burned... lol right?

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

I haven't seen the whole show (I caught the last couple minutes of it), and while I'm not a fan of the costumes and float design, it was a lot of fun! I was bopping along, having a blast, and more importantly- Alice waved to me! I also like the Mickey-balloon shpaed confetti at the end- a real disney touch, if you ask me. Such a little detail, and yet- they went ahead and did it. My opinion my change once I see the whole show, but for now, I like it.

But it's still not a true replacement for POD. Let's hope Al's info on that situation is true! *fingers crossed*

• Yo!

Quote Originally Posted by Space Mountain View Post
    ^The line was out to the street almost to the curb across the street after the very first showing on the 27th.
    I wonder how many of those people were average guests and how many were people like us that are slightly more passionate about it than 95% of the world.

I can tell you that I watched it twice on Main St. on the 28th and observed no such line out of City Hall after it ended.
    "Keep Moving Forward."

• Disney is home

I loved the parade and thought it was entertaining, energetic and a lot of fun. As much as I like princesses, I think it's great to see some of the basic Disney Characters such as: Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, Daisy, Chip, Dale, Pluto and Clarice! I know this is a low budget show, but I don't care about that. To me it's just a lot of fun to watch and it's really great to see the interaction between guests and performers.

I recently did a little Picture Trip Report of CASP and you can see all my pictures in this thread.

• HollywoodsNewestSensation

Unfit?

Quote Originally Posted by Gregmh48 View Post
    I do not know how the congestion can ever be relieved on Main Street. It is simply an area unfit for a 15 minute show stop.
    Main Street is unfit for this, huh? What do you suppose they did differently in the 80s when the Main Street Hop was performed? The Hop stopped ONLY on Main Street, so surely there would've been even larger crowds.

• Disneyland Historian

Re: Unfit?

Quote Originally Posted by TweedlDum9 View Post
    Main Street is unfit for this, huh? What do you suppose they did differently in the 80s when the Main Street Hop was performed? The Hop stopped ONLY on Main Street, so surely there would've been even larger crowds.
    Well I didn't work there then so I can't tell you what is different. All I know is that Main Street cannot handle these crowds now and that is what matters. I'm sure if a better way to handle crowds was used for Main Street Hop, it would have continued to be used for guest control. The fact that the current setup exists implies that it is at least as good as the one used in the past or it would not have been adopted.

Also, I believe that Blast to the Past was an off-season promotion. Since it's still Spring Break, we've yet to see if Celebrate will work under off-season conditions. We know it doesn't during peak season.

I also have no idea how many performances Main Street Hop did in a day. The fact that it was only performed on Main Street means less if it performed more frequently.

• HollywoodsNewestSensation

Sad Re: Unfit?

Quote Originally Posted by Gregmh48 View Post
    Well I didn't work there then so I can't tell you what is different. All I know is that Main Street cannot handle these crowds now and that is what matters. I'm sure if a better way to handle crowds was used for Main Street Hop, it would have continued to be used for guest control.
    Maybe the managers with that experience were laid off too. :-/

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 411121314