Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

• It's all about Theme!

Re: Opinions of the New Celebrate Street Party (Spoilers!)

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyMickey View Post
    It is loud and garish and is not a right fit for Disneyland. It is just re-hashed garbage that lacks imagination and desperately tries to be hip. The crowd control around the Plaza Inn and Coke Corner approaches Light Magic disaster-levels seeing that walkways completely disappear and gridlock for 5 minutes at a time sending all control of the crowds into a frenzied nightmare. It moves way too fast and if you are not within a few feet of Main Street's curbs, you can't see much of anything at all.

The POD show stops worked well because they were fast and none of the performers had to disappear off stage using vital onstage walkways that are desperately needed during show-time. This parade show stop is way too long and creates havoc for the poor Cast Members trying to deal with angry hordes of people willing to run them over with strollers and spit in their faces all because they can't move an extra few feet since the walkway in front of them, which is the only way out, is completely closed off. The concept works in DCA where walkways are wide and open, but not in Disneyland where things are crammed and extremely narrow.

The music and procession is a whole other thing that I will leave alone. I honestly don't see this lasting very long and I truly hoped it becomes a thing of the past once the Celebration campaign is over.
    If a lot of guests complain, or if what's his name (Get him Fired) sees this, it will be back to the drawing boards for Celebrate and it will be watered down even more, just like Remember.
    Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
    "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
    -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
    -August 2nd 2010

• Following the Second Star

I LOVED Celebrate! It was fun, entergetic, and I think it was a good replacement for PoD (Coming from someone who watched PoD all the time and cried when she found out she wouldn't see it again) The pictures can't really justify how great it is, because you can't see all the energy, and all the fun. Great parade, good job Disney!

Cammie Dog: 3/27/05-6/28/09 God took you way too soon Protect your dog from heat stroke. It attacks and kills quickly.

• Legends never die...

I'd like to add to my review after reading some of the opinions Darkbeer and others posted on MicaAge. Suits and DL executives were EVERYWHERE! The Small World show stop was literally teeming with them! Not to mention they were filming something closer to the Matterhorn end of the street. And boy, were they all KISSING UP to the guests! It was hilarious. Since when do you see the Vice President of (insert department here) stopping to take a guests picture for them, or shouting out, "How are you?" to random passerby. Sure, some of them are genuinely nice people, but I think some of them are trying to keep their job.

Now that I think of it, there were tons of CM's around me too. It was kinda fun.
    My Inspirations:
    Thurl Ravenscroft and Paul Frees
    AND
    Robert and Richard Sherman

• Don't lets be silly! șoș

Quote Originally Posted by Outlander View Post
    I'd like to add to my review after reading some of the opinions Darkbeer and others posted on MicaAge. Suits and DL executives were EVERYWHERE! The Small World show stop was literally teeming with them! Not to mention they were filming something closer to the Matterhorn end of the street. And boy, were they all KISSING UP to the guests! It was hilarious. Since when do you see the Vice President of (insert department here) stopping to take a guests picture for them, or shouting out, "How are you?" to random passerby. Sure, some of them are genuinely nice people, but I think some of them are trying to keep their job.

Now that I think of it, there were tons of CM's around me too. It was kinda fun.
    Vice President? Everyone up to Ed Grier was there, Team Disney Anaheim was empty. You had a whole lot of Entertainment Cast Members there too; though this is what you'll get for opening day of any new show. Disney is a Family, and there's a whole lot of respect and drive to support our performing Cast Members.

• The Useless Prince

Blog Entries

I was floored at how many higher ups, managers, and entertainment folk were crammed into small world plaza for the first showing...thank god PPP was pushed back to 6:30...it was nice seeing the Pixar pals :P

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

I really dont think this was built on the cheap.. those floats are so cool.. and the technology in them is neat.. the balloons light up, LED lights, fog machines...

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• It's all about Theme!

^ If Disney was really thinking, they would remember that for the majority of the show's very limited run, the lights won't even need to be on.
    -August 1st 2010

-August 2nd 2010

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Walt Jr. View Post
    ^ If Disney was really thinking, they would remember that for the majority of the show's very limited run, the lights won't even need to be on.

But I find that very hypocritical of you to say.. why should it matter? they spent the money on those details.. it may not seem like an important detail to you, but it is to me. If 50 % of the shows are going to be at 6:30, then the lighting and effects are well justified, and seeing as they are the LED lights you can still see them during the day, giving a different, but still party like effect.

~

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by Walt Jr. View Post
    So you complain Disney isn't doing enough.. then when shown where they are paying attention to the details and doing more.. you complain they shouldn't be bothering... including in an earlier post as if they should just skip it all.

Sounds like nothing they do would please you
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• It's all about Theme!

In comparison, there are many things that Disney does that pleases me.

But you must see what I am thinking of.

Disney parades look very spectacular at night. But the majority of the time, those effects are never working in full effect, because it is never dark.

I am merely arguing the fact that the vast majority of the run of this very short streetacular is going to be in close to broad daylight. People who have seen the show have mentioned that they would have liked more decor and more performers.

Which is why I feel that when Disney decided to go into detail for the parade, they went into detail where it wasn't needed.

What would bring more life to the parade would be more performers, not expensive seldom used LED Lights.
    -August 1st 2010

-August 2nd 2010

Blog Entries

Have you seen it yet?? How can you talk of more performers, this street show is full of them!

~

• It's all about Theme!

^ If you read closely, I said that some others on this board suggested to more performers in the show. After looking at the videos, I thought that it would be a more practical and better move for the street show if the lighting budget got cut to allow for more performers.

All you really need is the regular lights going at patterns a la New Years.
    -August 1st 2010

-August 2nd 2010

• Im the fun mommy :)

Please tell me this is not the main parade, but a part of the parades this summer. Im not happy as its to short on characters and floats. Just not what I expected in a nice Disney parade.
    -------------------------------------------
    I miss dole whips......... can someone mail me one??

• Im the fun mommy :)

This thread needs a poll,
    -------------------------------------------
    I miss dole whips......... can someone mail me one??

• It's all about Theme!

^

It's the only show. But its not a parade. It's a Streetacular. That's all we will be getting for the next 7 months.

Just an observation: People keep saying that don't go in if you like a parade with floats, but think of it as a streetshow. But didn't BPB have spectacular sets and was also a streetshow?
    -August 1st 2010

-August 2nd 2010

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast