Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• It's all about Theme!

Re: Celebrate A Street Party! 3/27/09

Quote Originally Posted by almandot View Post
    I also think it's important to remember this was not designed to replace POD. Comparing it to POD is absolutely pointless. If you want to complain to the executives who got rid of POD that they shouldn't have been so penny pinching in that regards and kept both shows running, fine, but you'll have trouble finding them as they've probably been laid off in the last couple weeks =P
    Then there should be no problem with bring PoD back for the summer.
    Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
    "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
    -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
    -August 2nd 2010

• A Suitcase & A Dream

I want to hand it to the cast for trying to make "Celebrate" better than it actually is. I know that this is only suppose to be temporary and wasn't expecting anything near Parade of Dreams, but I was expecting a little more since after the cancellation of PoD, CSP was suppose to be beefed up since it would serve as the Parade-type entertainment. I really hope PoD can somehow return to the streets of Disneyland this summer.

In Sleeping Beauty Castle's Darkest Chamber

Eh, not my cup of tea.

The floats are unimaginative and industrial-looking. The music....uh, horrible and cliché.

I do give props, however, to the people in the parade. They did a great job keeping the energy up -- even though the crowds were not that thrilled (at least looking at the people watching in the video).

I'm glad it's only staying a year and then we get a new, hopefully better and more elegant, parade.
    (Yes, I know this is more a street-type party than a true parade.)

CHECK OUT MY NEW MUSIC LOOP THAT I DESIGNED
    FOR AUTUMN TIME AT DISNEYLAND!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eL6fk6Ua54k

With kindest regards,
    Maleficent Fan

disneymusicsamples | magicmusic.net

In Sleeping Beauty Castle's Darkest Chamber

Oh, by the way, thanks for taking video. It was too kind of you!

CHECK OUT MY NEW MUSIC LOOP THAT I DESIGNED
    FOR AUTUMN TIME AT DISNEYLAND!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eL6fk6Ua54k

With kindest regards,
    Maleficent Fan

disneymusicsamples | magicmusic.net

• The Useless Prince

Blog Entries

Watch the parade in person before you make judgments...if you go into it going "I hate this" You will hate it because your going to nit pick the thing to death. GO to it with the view that this is Disney and they know what we are doing....Would you rather have one less entertainment option for you expensive tickets.....or just a cut down fireworks show...you tell me what makes more sense...

I choose the Streetacular...and personally I think I am going to watch it as much as I can...I love the show and its peppyness and all the little quirkyness you wouldn't notice if you go "EWW I DON'T LIKE THIS...IT IS NOT PoD...EWW"

• Banned User

TDLfan gave a very positive review of the WDW version of this parade/party, and he's often pretty critical of WDW offerings. I can't imagine the DL version is worse than WDW's.

• Missing Main Street

I think Hilsbro has probably got the right attitude - anyone coming into this 'street party' with the idea that it's a going to stink will be able to find lots to complain about.
    But if you go in ready to give it a chance, the pure corniness factor might win you over.

My kids will like it, so I'm sure I'll get to see it in person.
    Someone said they did it at night with the floats lit up? That might give it a little more pizzaz, too. I'll catch it after dark if that's the case.

For everyone else - enjoy the shorter lines!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
    -Roald Dahl

Quote Originally Posted by imagineerthat View Post
    I want to hand it to the cast for trying to make "Celebrate" better than it actually is. I know that this is only suppose to be temporary and wasn't expecting anything near Parade of Dreams, but I was expecting a little more since after the cancellation of PoD, CSP was suppose to be beefed up since it would serve as the Parade-type entertainment. I really hope PoD can somehow return to the streets of Disneyland this summer.
    "Celebrate" is much better than WDWs Move It Shake It, though POD should still be the main event at DL with "Celebrate" being extra. I hope enough guests complain that they want a parade, not just a street party. Hate to say, unless DL has POD on the back burner in case complaints start coming in, I do not see them bringing it back.

• Banned User

I hope people express their displeasure only about the lack of a real parade at the resort. If people are too loud about Celebrate, it could be pulled and we still wouldn't have Parade of Dreams back.

Should you complain, I hope you make it known that Celebrate would be fine as a compliment to Parade of Dreams, as opposed to being on its own.

I'm sure everyone here would rather have Celebrate than no parade/street show at all.

• Banned User

Complain all you want, guarantee you their won't be enough to bring back PoD for 7 months!

Quote Originally Posted by disneyguy115 View Post
    To be honset, video doesn't do this Street Party justice. It was pretty different in person, more energy, more detail ect. It actually looks kool at night with all the lighting.

** I hate people who have negative comments on youtube, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it at all.. k? **

I don't HATE anyone no matter what their opinion is....K?
    Janette

Quote Originally Posted by stitchon View Post
    I hope people express their displeasure only about the lack of a real parade at the resort. If people are too loud about Celebrate, it could be pulled and we still wouldn't have Parade of Dreams back.

Should you complain, I hope you make it known that Celebrate would be fine as a compliment to Parade of Dreams, as opposed to being on its own.

I'm sure everyone here would rather have Celebrate than no parade/street show at all.
    I am not saying anyone should complain about "Celebrate". There is nothing wrong with "Celebrate" and in my opinion it is much better than Move It Shake It. I am just saying DL needs a real parade in addition. There is no reason why POD could not be brought back for a summer run as long as the POD units are still fully intact and in nearby storage. Change the show stop to "Celebrate You", add some Mickey Balloons here and there, do some rehearsals, and there you have it! :-)

• Banned User

Hate it!!! Too "Block Party Bash" for me. Thanks for posting it though...now I know when I'm at DL in 2 weeks I won't wait to see it! ha!

So I really want to post all my pics.... but my flikr and Photobucket won't upload my pics correctly, so I will try again after work today, They are some nice pics! haha

I Really wish we could do what WDW did, Have Celebrate A Dream come True Parade then have Move it! Shake it! Celebrate it!.. why cant we have POD then have Celebrate!?

I Still LOVE Celebrate!

I will miss you till you return POD!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12