Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Artistic integrity

Re: Willy Wonka And The Chocolate Factory...Could It Work For Disney?

Quote Originally Posted by Willow View Post
    As mentioned previously, Alton Towers in the UK built a Charlie ride in 2007.

Half of the rides budget was spent on licensing alone, and the Dahl foundation were very fussy about how the ride was built.

The ride has a TV screen with CGI Wonka saying the boarding instructions.
    Then you board a boat tour of the factory with a commentry by Wonka and Charlie.
    Once you get off the boat you board the glass elevator simulator and fly around the factory.

The ride is very true to the book, in both appearance and content.
    How does it measure up to Old-School Disney Standards?

• General Theme Park Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
    How does it measure up to Old-School Disney Standards?
    Disney would do it sooo much better.
    It has the perfect idea but due to the rights taking up most of the budget the end product isn't great. Check it out on Youtube.

YouTube - Charlie and The Chocolate Factory - The Ride

• Artistic integrity

HEY .. THANK YOU!
    That was not bad.

The quality is better than I thought it would be.
    But I can see where Disney's famous (older) capabilities could really ratchet-up the overall quality .. more-so than Alton Towers.

• Banned User

No.

• I see mouse people

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by I Heart Disneyland View Post
    No.

This.

• Fancy that...

Although I don't want it in a Disney park, i'd love to see the trippy Boat ride SOMEWHERE in the world.

YouTube - The Wondrous Boat Ride

...There's no knowing where we're going... hah

• Super

After watching that video... I must say that it could have done with a little more work but was pretty good! I actually really like the effect on the glass elevator, especially when it goes outside. Looks pretty damn cool!

Quote Originally Posted by pianoman13 View Post
    Although I don't want it in a Disney park, i'd love to see the trippy Boat ride SOMEWHERE in the world.

YouTube - The Wondrous Boat Ride

...There's no knowing where we're going... hah
    I would fly around the world to go on that ride if someone actually decided to make one! This is why I think an entire wonka park could work... I'd go just for that... but there are so many opportunities for great ride ideas to come out of the book and the films. A glass elevator/TOT style ride?

And an actual land of candy... even if you had to pay. They could weigh you before you enter and when you leave and charge you for the amount of stuff you ate!
    Last edited by mister_peterman; 03-29-2009 at 03:02 PM.

• Minion

I had plans for one as part of one of my armchair theme park concepts, in a land called London Lane (not far from a Sweeney Todd ride). I couldn't decide between the original film and the new one, either. I usually hate remakes, but I think they're both good films that took very different takes on the same material. At one point, when there were the rumors of changing rides at night (Space/Rock-it Mountain and Pirates of the Carri/Scare-ibbean) I thought the same might be done for this attraction - old movie version by day, new by night.

I was surprised to read online recently that (as others in this thread have mentioned) there's already a Charlie and the Chocolate Factory ride.
    "Happy Working Song" parody for DCA remodel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-TYESfNTP8&feature=plcp

Retro Rant Review of "The Hunchback of Notre Dame II" (comedy review of direct-to-video
    Disney sequel):
    Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/user/animagus.../1/q1j7FU8QXu0
    Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/user/animagus.../0/sasNTMDRBLU

Retro Rant Review of "Home on the Range" (comedy review of Disney movie):
    Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7mC-...feature=relmfu
    Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoUie...feature=relmfu
    Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3Vea...feature=relmfu

Visit my site: http://www.vividgroovy.com

Pratfall the albatross superheroine visits the Carthay Circle Theatre.

Check this out-I worked at WDW in 1996 which was the 25th anniversary for both WDW and Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. Anyway, I had a dream one night that WDW shut down IASW and put the Chocolate Factory Boat Ride in it's place. Ever since then I've been wondering how Disney could make this work.

Imagine my surprise when I watched 2005's Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and saw the scene where Willy Wonka used a IASW-like scene to introduce the kids to the factory only to have the demo not go quite right and burn down! Watching that scene seemed like someone read my mind and gave my dream a nod in the movie, which was impossible, really.

I've also thought that a park based on The Nightmare Before Christmas would be cool, too, with the different lands based on each of the holidays on the trees in the beginning of the movie. The idea wouldn't work since it's just too specialized and directed by one movie.

• Hillbilly Philosopher

* Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, the movie made in the 70s, which departs somewhat significantly from the book in terms of the events depicted and the general tone.
    I had a dream one night that WDW shut down IASW and put the Chocolate Factory Boat Ride in it's place.

Great Ideas! We really don't need It's a Small World, let's just shut it down and make something fun! If Disney can buy Pixar, they sure could get the Wonka brand. Marketing would love that!

After all - who wouldn't want a soft cuddly Oompa Loompa? (Well maybe not!)

/ Ducks
    // Changes User Name
    /// Oh look, Someone has been posting under MY name!!!

I mentioned this few years ago. Chocolate land. Nobody seemed to like the idea
    Janette

• Mrs. J. Depp

Quote Originally Posted by pianoman13 View Post
    I think it could be a fantastic ride for Universal, I just find the theme of any of it's interpritations too creepy for Disney. I think it out-creepifies(new word, like it?) even The Tower of Terror because it's that...freakishly happy kind of creepy, you know? But at Universal or maybe Hershey Park (do they own the rights to Wonka?) the possibilities are endless when it comes to rides, they could make a whole new land themed as the inside the Wonka's factory. Obviously there could be a boat ride on a "chocolate" river, OR it could be the transportation around the area. Cool interactive features all around with the different machines that make the candy. It's perfect for a theme park, just not Disney IMO.
    I couldn't have said that better myself. While I love the original movie because it is so out there and weird, it is creepy in it's own fashion that is nowhere near the same kind of creepy as say ToT, Pirates or HM. It's like a delusional creepy.
    I agree that I could NEVER see this made into a ride at Disney. Along with Harry Potter. There are some things that just FIT within Disney which aren't under the Disney name (Indy, Star Tours), and there are others that don't at all. This is just one of those instances.

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123