Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

Question Willy Wonka And The Chocolate Factory...Could It Work For Disney?

I'm going to make this short and sweet - no pun intended.

Should Disney try and buy the rights to the Willy Wonka franchise and create a dark ride based on this book/movie? Could it work at any of the Disney theme parks? My short answer is yes, but what do you guys think?

...Joe...

• Minion

Re: Willy Wonka And The Chocolate Factory...Could It Work For Disney?

you would have to pick a theme for it then place it somewhere in one of the parks. I mean would it be a fantasy ride if so i still could not see it in any fantasy land. Would if have a futuristic theme for maybe epcot. I just do not see how it messhes with disney.

Its a great concept with plenty of avenues to explore but i see a willy wonka theme style that would fit with maybe universal.
    "I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I have ever known."-Walt Disney

Hope I was helpful!

• Fancy that...

Based on the new one? my short answer is no.

• =)

I think the concept is extremely viable for a theme park, though I don't know of any area of any Disney park that currently exists that would be appropriate for it.

However, I think some clarification is needed. There are really three things we're talking about here:

* Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, the original book written by Roald Dahl.
    * Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, the movie made in the 70s, which departs somewhat significantly from the book in terms of the events depicted and the general tone.
    * Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, the recent movie that follows the book much more closely but hasn't achieved the "classic" factor, at least not yet.

It's the second of the three that'd fit best in a Disney park, provided there was a land where it fit. Roald Dahl's original vision is just a little too darkly weird for a Disney park.

• Super

It'd be a great idea for a park on it's own, but not sure if it would fit into a Disney park, definitely not a magic kingdom style park... Maybe they could work it into one of the studio style parks but you'd have to tie it back in somehow (although that doesn't seem to matter so much anymore).

• Goofy

probably not. its too weird.

• Collision speed....FULL!

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post

It's the second of the three that'd fit best in a Disney park, provided there was a land where it fit. Roald Dahl's original vision is just a little too darkly weird for a Disney park.
    Not to mention that Harper Goff did design work for that movie!

• would love some pie

Alton Towers in England has a Charlie and the Chocolate Factory dark ride (themed to the book and using they stylized illustrations as a jumping point), so I don't know if the rights would be available.
    KABLAM!

• Banned User

New or old, just no.

If its the new one, i think the three Johnny Depp AA's are enough for any Disneyland resort. Just No. Keep Fantasyland Dark rides based on Disney films...and Keep them in the European storybook style.

• Banned User

-=0-9opuu[]\popkl;
    * Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, the recent movie that follows the book much more closely but hasn't achieved the "classic" factor, at least not yet.

It never will...

• nș 103

Seems more of a ride that'd fit better at Universal Studios or something. I can't describe it properly, but it's just not Disney-enough if that makes sense. That's not to say Disney can't have dark-er rides or anything, but it just doesn't fit in any of the Disney theme parks.

• Sock Puppet

My short answer... No.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

I was just going to mention Harper Goff. Apparently in Willy Wonka, in the scene where they first enter the room with the chocolate river, the reaction on their faces were.in actual respone to the set, which they were experiencing for the first time.

Other than the connection between Harper Goff and Disney, this story is way too dark. Disney might be able to pull it off with Willy Wonka, but I distinctly remember as a kid the orange Oompa Loompas really creeped me out. In fact I was afraid of them!

So while this is a good idea in theory, in actual practice I don't think it could work out.

• Banned User

If they did it better be the best ride ever because it's the greatest movie ever made!

• Delawarean Girl

I don't think Disney could accept doing something for Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. But then again, they are doing something for American Idol now. So maybe.

They should go by the old way. The old way, would be more fun. I would like to see the old Oompa Loompa's singing there songs and also showing a scene where Violet Beauregarde is turning into a blueberry and Veruca Salt going down the garbage shoot. Also about Veruca Salt. Have Willy Wonka keep saying "She was a bad egg".

Again, the old version would be alot more funnier. Plus they had more lovable songs. Of course the new version went by the book, when it came to the songs. But the old movie's were more lovable.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast