Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Fantasyland Skyway: "Briar Rose Cottage"

I was reading darkfairycthulu's post about Skyway Hill while watching Sleeping Beauty with my daughter.

The movie was right at the moment when Flora, Fauna, and Merryweather are preparing for Aurora's 16th birthday celebration. This got me thinking about an extension of the current Sleeping Beauty Castle Walk-Through. Aurora spends 16 years hiding away in a cottage with the three fairies/peasant women and none of that is represented within the existing walk-through.

So my idea is to convert the Fantasyland Skyway area into a Briar Rose Cottage Walk-through. Keep the pathway leading up to the cottage and present a few scenes from the 16 years in which Briar Rose is hiding. Maybe at night you can have Pink and Blue flashes of "magic" gleaming from the cottage chimney. A very simple guest experience similar to what Mr. Baxter has created for Sleeping Beauty Castle but something that brings life to the area and takes you "beyond the castle walls."

Thoughts?

(photos are from the following sites: Walt Disney's Sleeping Beauty | volcomgrrrl09 | Flixster Sleeping Beauty Screencaps on Fanpop)
    "If you build it right, they will come." - Bob Iger

"I'm not a literary person. As far as realism is concerned, you can find dirt anyplace you look for it. I'm one of those optimists. There's always a rainbow." - Walt Disney

"I don't care about critics. Critics take themselves too seriously. They think the only way to be noticed and to be the smart guy is to pick and find fault with things. It's the public I'm making pictures for." - Walt Disney

• would love some pie

Re: Fantasyland Skyway: "Briar Rose Cottage"

I like it, however not much really happened in those 16 years to tell. I suppose there could be a whole new story imagined around that period in her life.
    KABLAM!

• Banned User

NO!! why not a darkride?

Quote Originally Posted by DATman
    I like it, however not much really happened in those 16 years to tell. I suppose there could be a whole new story imagined around that period in her life.
    I think you bring up a good point. We see her on the day of her 16th birthday but its filled with plenty of story and events. Disney could choose a few key moments of that day to display in the Cottage Walk-Through.
    "If you build it right, they will come." - Bob Iger

"I'm not a literary person. As far as realism is concerned, you can find dirt anyplace you look for it. I'm one of those optimists. There's always a rainbow." - Walt Disney

"I don't care about critics. Critics take themselves too seriously. They think the only way to be noticed and to be the smart guy is to pick and find fault with things. It's the public I'm making pictures for." - Walt Disney

• Senior Monorail Minion

I like the idea, but still think it might be a little overkill on sleeping beauty. Okay, so I guess I will be the third to do the armchair imagineering. New thread here we come.
    WELCOME ABOARD
    THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!

• Minion

Blog Entries

I would like to see them maybe just do an outward facade to make it look like that, but not a walk though. Or maybe they could even make it Snow Whites cottage....maybe.

• Fancy that...

This could work, I like it. The majority of cool scenes from that part of the movie are in the woods though. Like, you could peek inside the cottage and see the three good fairies preparing Aurora's birthday stuff.(and fantasticly screwing it up) and than have an outdoor area out back from the cottage with her dancing and singing "Once upon a Dream"...but that's kind of it.

• Imagineer In Training

80.7 miles from the happiest place on earth.

After Rapunzel comes out, I wonder if they could do something with her tower/castle there...you know, represent a princess that isn't already in Fantasyland.

That would be really cool! Good idea.
    ap·pur·te·nant – adjective: appertaining or belonging; pertaining.

...to Disneyland.

• Banned User

I think that is a great idea. From what it looks like today it could easily be Briar Rose's Cottage.

• Drinker of Mad Tea

Interesting idea. They could easily put it just by taking out any Skyway mechanisms and building walls for the diaoramas around the old windows.
    ~The darkness must go
    Down the river of night's dreaming
    Flow morphia slow
    Let the sun and light come streaming
    Into my life, into my life~

• Fairies and Mermaids!

Quote Originally Posted by tllsknywhtboy View Post
    After Rapunzel comes out, I wonder if they could do something with her tower/castle there...you know, represent a princess that isn't already in Fantasyland.
    I can get on board with that.

Remember, Dreams come true!... and mermaids are hot, even on Halloween.

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eric5675 View Post
    I like the idea, but still think it might be a little overkill on sleeping beauty. Okay, so I guess I will be the third to do the armchair imagineering. New thread here we come.
    overkill of sleeping beauty or overkill of Pixar?

live or die. Make your choice.

(Watching Saw)

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Noctourne View Post
    Interesting idea. They could easily put it just by taking out any Skyway mechanisms and building walls for the diaoramas around the old windows.
    all the mechanisms are pretty much gone. trees in plastic buckets cover the old entrance/exit holes, a control box on the wall has all it's controls removed, all that remains really is a few rusty holes chipped in the concrete and some pathways in the concrete for the cars to come into the station. It currently is used for cast parties at this point, nothing else

• 1st Visit: 7/23/1955

I like that everyone is coming up with new ideas for this spot. Whenever I pass by the old skyway building I feel kinda sad. I loved that ride and seeing that empty building always leaves me feeling empty. Would be great to see something imaginative there!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast