Question 20 Year Anniversary What to Do?

Hello, we will be celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary April 2nd. We will be at DL 4/2 to 4/7. We did DL with our kids 6 years ago and this will be our first trip as without them. I was hoping you fine folks could help me out with some romantic experiences while we are there. 20 years ago we weren't able to have a honeymoon and I'm hoping to treat my wife to the time of her life. Please help folks!

Re: 20 Year Anniversary What to Do?

Congratulations on 20 Years!!! My husband and I went to DL for our 20th anniversary a year ago. I was concerned that I would feel guilty for not having the kids with us....but I didn't. We deserved that "alone" time...well as alone as you can be at DL. We had quiet dinners and just enjoyed being together. I must say that it took me a day to stop wanting to turn around and make sure I had all of the kids with me.

We stayed at GCH and the staff went out of their way to make us feel special. We did not really plan any extra things into our trip. BUT we will be back for our 21st anniversary at the end of April. (We will have our two younger boys with us - they are 17 and the youngest will turn 12 at DL) I am up for any suggestions as well. What are some opinions on Napa Rose? I was wondering if it lives up to the hype.

Make sure you get your anniversary button upon arrival.
    Deedlebug

Oh!, an anniversary button? My wife would love it! Where do we go to get the button? So the guilt of leaving the kids behind will fade? Glad to hear it, we've both been feeling a LITTLE guilty, but after 20 years I think we've earned it.

• Sock Puppet

Once inside the Park, go to City Hall and let them know about your special day. They give folks buttons for the various celebrations.

Plan on a special meal at one of the restaurants and call Disney Dining at 714-781-DINE to make priority seating arrangements.

Enjoy!

• Banned User

I just had MY 20th weddding anniversary at DL in December! Congrats and welcome to the 20 year club! ha! Definitely stop at City Hall for your anniversary buttons!!!

We had our silhouettes done that day. Also, we went to see Billy Hill (which we love) and got our photo with Santa. Of course, that's not an option in April. Maybe go through Mickey's house and have your photo taken with him. Also, do you have dinner plans?? Maybe you can make reservations somewhere nice. We like Catal in DTD. And, Ralph Brennan's has nice balcony seating and you can look down over the people in DTD.

If there are special things you did on your honeymoon there, try to re-do that! Re-create that moment in time as well as creating new memories. Go toss a penny in the wishing well next to the castle and wish for 20 more years. Just silly stuff like that makes sweet memories!

Let us know how it goes!!!!

• I eat TR's for breakfast!

Haha you should get a button that says

"Are You 20?"

Anyways, I'd have to say that the castle mote bridge to the left near the entrance to Rancho del Zocalo is a VERY romantic night time place to just stand and admire the reflections of the night.

It is very reminiscent of the Cinderella bridge scene .

• Banned User

Go on Splash Mountain since its 20 this year also as many times as you can until you get sick either by motion sickness or some form of vertigo.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by FeistyFigaro View Post
    Go on Splash Mountain since its 20 this year also as many times as you can until you get sick either by motion sickness or some form of vertigo.
    Holy cow! I had no idea Splash was 20 this year! I remember when it was being built. Time flies.

•   
    • At one w/ our Disneyness

Congrats on 20yrs! Napa Rose DEFINITELY lives up to the hype. It's won awards outside the Disney fan base so IMHO it's not really just hype, but well deserved attention!
    Let them know you're celebrating such a milestone at the time you make reservations. You will be very well taken care of!
    Just countin' the days til the next visit!

Smile Re: 20 Year Anniversary What to Do?

Great suggestions! Napa Rose sounds about perfect. Any other things we should be doing? We do have a rental car, gonna go to LA for a day any suggestions for that? Thanks to you all for the ideas! Napa Rose is a go, called for priority seatting today! Thank you!
    Last edited by Sid470; 03-29-2009 at 04:27 PM.