Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Minion

Clearing out the Bottom of the Barrel: More Celebrate! Street Party Pics

Yet Another Thread Featuring Celebrate! A Street Party

Every Monday, Andy Castro brings you his terrific weekly photo update, Dateline Disneyland. If you haven't already, check out today's article!

Occasionally Andy calls upon Darkbeer, Fishbulb and others to help fill in the article space with their photos during those times when he can't make it from Bakersfield to the parks (and even when he does, it never hurts to have an extra perspective or three). He asked me to photograph Celebrate! A Street Party for today's article, and I sent him dozens of photos, leaving it up to him to decide which are most representative in showing what the street party is about to include in Dateline. Clarity and brevity are important, so not every photo is used.

With that in mind, there are several that didn't make it, and it's a shame not to let them cross more pairs of eyes than mine. So here you have it: as a supplement to Dateline, here are the 'bottom of the barrel' shots of Celebrate! A Street Party.

March 27, 3:30 PM: The street party emerges from the gates for the first performance ever!

"Yaay, no more late-night 3 AM rehearsals!"

The character barges..

Pinocchio and Geppetto are interesting choices for this parade. But hey, their movie is available in Blu Ray now, so, yeah, celebrate high-definition..

Chip an' Dale are into it! Stitch.. not so much.

Yeeah!

Bert twirls a ribbon up top, the Matterhorn providing the backdrop.

Put your HAAAAANDS UP!

These two dancers in purple performed in front of us. They were great!

Snazzy striped jackets on the guys.

This little girl came up to dance. She did the twist and really got into it.

Stilt walkers! My eyyyyyes!

Time to hand out the drum heads.

Drum-drum, drum. Drum-drum, drum!

Confetti!

It's the tiiiiime of your liiiife,
    you don't wanna miss out on right here, right nooow...

Goofy balloon towers over the Main Street buildings.

Donald and Daisy dance together.

Groovy!

Twist!
    Twist!
    Twist!

And with that, we have finally reached the bottom of the barrel. Thanks for viewing!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Re: Clearing out the Bottom of the Barrel: More Celebrate! Street Party Pics

Great pics!

Those mickey mouse ear guitars though.... something quite phallic about those.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Very nice pictures!!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Looking for Hidden Mickey

Thanks for the pictures! Very unique drums! I think this might be the next merchandise they will sell.
    Check out my page at www.myspace.com/wheresmickey

Check out my pin collection at www.pinpics.com. User name is WheresMickey

• hogwarts + disneyland = ♥

now you need to post the pics of the aftermath as people try to escape from watching the street party but can't move because we have to wait for the silt walkers and drum trikes exit to backstage! ahh ahh lol i watched on main street (going MS to small world) and was stuck next to the photo center at the end of main street for maybe 5 minutes afters the parade bc dancers needed to exit and the floats were still on main street. then the second stop was right at the hub so i couldn't cross the street and ended up just going on astro blasters since it was the only place i could actually get to! and that really had nothing to do with crowds...just the wonderful organization of the entertainment department (of whom many were standing behind me watching...i was surrised that they were not smiling and dancing along )

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by kburford View Post
    now you need to post the pics of the aftermath as people try to escape from watching the street party but can't move because we have to wait for the silt walkers and drum trikes exit to backstage!
    Well, as a good little photographer I try to focus on the positive aspects of the show rather than the inconveniences.

The way that the stilt walkers and drum trikes move in and out of the street party creates some unique issues with clearing paths and such. I actually never saw much of the crowd flow issues on Friday, since I was at the Small World promenade area for the afternoon show and everything moves quickly to Main Street. I do know those problems are there, however.

One inconvenience people on MiceChat were talking about turned out to be a non-issue: the confetti. Not only is there not very much of it, it isn't very tough to clean up (just streamers and medium sized Mickey heads). And from what I saw, guests leaving the parade picked it up and walked off with it!
    Last edited by 2DieFR; 03-30-2009 at 03:05 PM.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's a music celebration!

2DieFR, thanks for posting these wonderful pictures from Celebrate! I wholeheartedly enjoy seeing your photography in the weekly Dateline Disneyland column. You have a really good eye for it. Thanks for sharing your talent with us!

I was almost in the same spot at IASW for the Saturday 3:30pm show stop. And yes, I noticed a lot of guests picking up the Mickey confetti afterwards too. LOL! At least one couple was trying to get a complete set of all the colors.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by 2DieFR View Post
    Well, as a good little photographer I try to focus on the positive aspects of the show rather than the inconveniences.

The way that the stilt walkers and drum trikes move in and out of the street party creates some unique issues with clearing paths and such. I actually never saw much of the crowd flow issues on Friday, since I was at the Small World promenade area for the afternoon show and everything moves quickly to Main Street. I do know those problems are there, however.

One inconvenience people on MiceChat were talking about turned out to be a non-issue: the confetti. Not only is there not very much of it, it isn't very tough to clean up (just streamers and medium sized Mickey heads). And from what I saw, guests leaving the parade picked it up and walked off with it!

DL's Junk, is another man's treasure!

And I'd like to know more of the "inconveniences". Did they drive over your foot?

I'm surprised at the traffic congestion on Main Street and in the Small World area, It seems to be more problematic, than POD, Is that due to the smaller viewing area, perhaps?

Nice pics.... Thanks for sharing!!!
    thanE

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    DL's Junk, is another man's treasure!

And I'd like to know more of the "inconveniences". Did they drive over your foot?

I'm surprised at the traffic congestion on Main Street and in the Small World area, It seems to be more problematic, than POD, Is that due to the smaller viewing area, perhaps?
    Perhaps not, seeing as the viewing area is exactly the same as it was for POD on Main Street. Its due to the exit and entrance of the bikes and stilts at photo supply, as well as a few other things. It will get better in time as the guest control crew figures out ways to make things operate smoother. Saturday was already muchhhh better then friday, and really not very congested at all.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Majestic Falcon

Blog Entries

High School Musical : The 80's
    You can never run out of imagination. The more you use, the more you gain.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by nolimit View Post
    Perhaps not, seeing as the viewing area is exactly the same as it was for POD on Main Street. Its due to the exit and entrance of the bikes and stilts at photo supply, as well as a few other things.
    No, the viewing area is much diminished with Celebrate! A Street Party because it does not wind around Town Square past City Hall and the DLRR station like the Parade of Dreams did; instead it turns immediately into the parade gates after passing Disney Showcase.

• Yo!

Somehow I think the viewing areas would increase if they did a show stop wrapped around the hub (like the MK version) and the other wrapped around Town Square. There just isn't enough room along Main St., even if they make it standing room only like they did on Friday and Saturday.
    "Keep Moving Forward."

• Waiting for fireworks...

Thanks for the great pictures! I can't wait to take my daughter to see this. She loves every Disney commercial because of the Mickey balloons. She's not even two yet but Disney sure knew how to hook her!

• Im the fun mommy :)

I really like this one !!

you did a great job on the pictures
    -------------------------------------------
    I miss dole whips......... can someone mail me one??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast