Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• Greetings, Program!

Disneyland as a first date - anyone ever done it?

I know it seems like a pretty expensive and outlandish idea for a first date, but I'm sure all of us at one point or another have thought about taking someone you've had an eye on to the park. It helps though to already know the person to a point where the idea of spending a full day with them wont get weird or awkward.

I recently got the opportunity to do just that. I recently reconnected with my old high school crush (via the wonders of Facebook). After a couple of nights of talking on the phone, she asked if I liked amusement parks. "Like Disneyland??" I shot back.

She laughed and said "Yes, just like Disneyland."

The plan came together and she drove down from Moreno Valley to see me less than a week later. After about 30 minutes of banter and catching up in my kitchen, we headed over to the park where even at 1pm it was a mob scene at the Mickey & friends structure. The whole time though, it was hard to get it all straight in my mind the reality of it all. The line didnt phase me. Here I was with the girl I pined for in high school and we were about to spend the day in Disneyland together. And believe you me as a younger guy who already was going as much as he could in the 80s, this very notion of being with her there was a regular fantasy of mine.

On this day I decided it was time not not only to renew my pass, but to upgrade as well. No more of this blackout BS...was tired of not having Saturdays available on demand too. So after about 20 min of waiting in the ticket line, I made the upgrade a fact of life.

Then, my companion did the unexpected.....she bought one too. After seeing the look of surprise etched on my face, she simply commented "well, I'm assuming we're gonna wanna come back again. Right?"

We ventured forth to get her photo ID taken, then decided that since she'd never seen the place before that it might be cool to take in DCA. Personally, I just go for ToT, Soarin, and Cali Screamin. But being there with someone who's never seen the place is fun on its own. It's always cool to see the wonderment on someone's face, or the surprise at the totally unexpected.

She SCREEEEEEEAMED her head off on the ToT, but as the photo evidence we all get at the end of the thing showed - she had a blast. We both bought copies of it.

And of course Disneyland awaited us around the time the sun made its descent. We hit as many rides as we could consume and still had about half the park left when we decided to leave. Before that however we took in the Believe show and right around that time it was obvious that this thing was a bona fide date. We took a seat just a stones thow away from IASW and got very close as we watched the spectacle, her head resting on my chest as she lay back against me looking up at the starbursts and fiery splashes of light. We held hands on the way back to the car and headed home. We've been back another time since and are currently planning a firm date for a third visit.

Yup....Disneyland has a new brand of magic for me now. Was happy to make it our first date.
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

• You didn't see anything!

Blog Entries

Re: Disneyland as a first date - anyone ever done it?

Awwww how exciting! This truly is a wonderful first date. Glad you both had fun

• nº 103

Damn. 2nd date already set before you even get into the park?

That is epic.

• =)

That is indeed very exciting. Can't say I've ever done that, but who knows...maybe I'll be fortunate enough to get an opportunity to do that as a first date at some point.

• Wilderness Explorer

That is the most romantic thing I have ever heard!

When I was a younger teenager, still going with my parents, I would see couples in the park and wonder what it would be like to (A) go to Disneyland without my family and (B) go as a "date" with somone special. Oh yeah...I also wondered what it would be like to have a "someone special"! Now, I know what a wonderful place Disneyland can be for a romantic get away.

Any how, very cool story, and thank you for sharing!

That's an epic date right there. How lucky for you! I'm jealous! I'm glad you got to enjoy your time there!

• Greetings, Program!

Okay....how about SECOND or THIRD dates then? I feel like I'm leaving everyone out here!!
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

Works everytime... I usually pick up a ticket a VONS as to miss the ticket booth.

Decent food, fireworks, tasmic, and rides?...

It has never failed.

• Goofy

thats nice to hear.

• Princess of my own world

That is so romantic!! It's like your own fairy tale.
    Visit my blog: Shutters & Scribbles

Check out my class's Donors Choose page:
    Wildcat Projects
    **Donors Choose is a place where teachers post projects for their classes and request materials and/or technology for that project. People then can make donations starting at just $1 to help fund that project. This is a great way to support teachers and their classes!**

• www.JonAutopsy.com

To quote the move Deja Vu: "Aww, that's tender. I wish I had someone."

That's awesome that that all worked out rather well. Good ol' Facebook working the game for you!
    "NATURAL BORN KILLERS"
    1st Place - MiceChat Gumball Rally 2012

JON AUTOPSY - FACEBOOK

• Honorary Mermaid.

Gahh, how cute!!!
    Especially that you got the girl you wanted in high school! (Hey, maybe I can do this eventually with the boy I wanted ;] )
    I'm seriously jealous.
    If I didn't live so far away I'd definitely try and go to Disneyland on first dates.
    Who needs movies? Psh, they're overrated anyways!

• HauntedOne999

I had a first date at Disneyland once. It was back in January 2004 right after the holidays. I still have alot of the photos I took... the best part of the date was that we got to participate in "Parade of the Stars" in the Baloo/Louie unit... we even had matching yellow tutus.
    Known in most other circles as "HauntedOne999"

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow!"

Disneyland CM Dec. 2005 - May 2007

• HauntedOne999

I wish Disneyland would bring back date nights!
    Known in most other circles as "HauntedOne999"

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow!"

Disneyland CM Dec. 2005 - May 2007

• Banned User

Ive taken girls to Disneyland as a first date,its actually a great idea,it gives you both plenty of time to get to know each other. Its 'light' and fun, nothing too serious. Its also a refreshing departure from the 'usual' boring dinner and movie routine that every other person does.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast