Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Basking in birthday love

Re: California Screamin' Begins Testing!

They were testing as early as Monday. I also meant to post, but got sidetracked. The lead said it might be back as early as this weekend, though I sort of doubt that. I think we can expect to see it soon, though...

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

• That's Hawt

I really hope they took this opportunity to get the music working ... you don't realize how much of a difference it make in the ride experience after not having it for so long to when you suddenly get a train that the music works on again ... it's like night and day!
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

• oh bugger

the ride has music? I'm not trying to be funny either. I've only been to DCA once and never even knew it was supposed to have music, I guess its the same way for the people who haven't heard music on it for a while... that when you do hear music on it its a totally new experience.

I just hope its back by Oct 7th when my trip ends.

• I Hug My Tapirs

Quote Originally Posted by MiceMan
    I really hope they took this opportunity to get the music working ... you don't realize how much of a difference it make in the ride experience after not having it for so long to when you suddenly get a train that the music works on again ... it's like night and day!
    From what I understand, it's the design of the cars that makes it so bad. I was told that the audio system is in the way of other systems in the car, so they have to remove it whenever they do work. You can imagine that when they pull it out and replace it constantly, it takes a lot of wear...
    "I don't need intelligent drugs because I don't know what they are. But I will put anything into my mouth that is given to me, whether it's supposed to go there or not. Because... I'm different."

• OM NOM NOM

Quote Originally Posted by prillzilla
    They had all the seats filled with big L-shaped water bottles!
    Yeah, those are called water dummies. Shaped vaguely like human torsos, they are the closest way to simulate human weight without actually having human passengers.

But yes, Screamin' is testing. Good thing too; the Boardwalk is much too quiet without it. ^_^
    Make something Idiot-Proof, and someone will build a better Idiot.

• pronounced, Casey Jr. 1

i hope it opens just in time for the Halloween treat

• Again! Again! Again!

I'm ready for it to be back up and running. Hopefully they are doing a refurb as well. I thought it was pretty sketchy before the fender bender. I'll be ready when it's open again!
    Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
    FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
    I bring the magic!!!
    "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend DMother
    Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

Oooooooooooohhhhhhh, I hope it opens soon!!!!!!!!!!!! I love this coaster. I miss it!
    **hugs**
    -kerry, not scared of nuttin'!
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• My Children's Father

Somebody needs to watch the testing to see if (more appropriately, "when" ... I can't imagine OSHA letting them open it without it ...... I take that back, it is a government buracracy, anything is possible ) they attempt to recreate what happened when the bump occured (train "stuck" in the station due to a protein spill ( ), multiple trains throughout the track, one fails to stop). If they can't recreate it (i.e., the brakes work and all of the trains are safely brought to a stop) after multiple attempts, then everything is OK.

One train being able to go through doesn't prove anything ........ unless that's how they intend to operate it ..... IMHO .......
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

• Banned User

As a fellow typer mentioned, "She's ALIVE!!!!!"

• OM NOM NOM

Just for future reference, the authority that Disney deals with is called DOSH, not OSHA.
    Make something Idiot-Proof, and someone will build a better Idiot.

• My Children's Father

Quote Originally Posted by eyes_of_mara
    Just for future reference, the authority that Disney deals with is called DOSH, not OSHA.
    Good point. I'm showing my age (referring to how long ago I am remembering, not the display of dementia) in making that mistake.

Back in the day, there was a "State of California" government agency commonly referred to as "Cal-OSHA", so as to distinguish it from the federal agency "OSHA". Either Deukmejian or Wilson got rid of Cal-OSHA when they were governor (they assumed there was too much redundancy between the state and fed agencies).

A few years back they brought the state agency back, and named it the Department of Occupational Safety and Health, aka DOSH. After some infamous theme park accidents, DOSH was assigned (among other things) the duty of administering the new laws concerning theme and amusement park safety .......
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Cal-OSHA is still around, and it is a division of DOSH, But the parks are regulated by the PAR (Permanent Amusement Ride) division of DOSH, which has nothing to do with Cal-OSHA, which directly deals with worker's issues.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• My Children's Father

Actually it's the ERTU (Elevator, Ride, Tramway Unit) which oversees the TAR (Temporary Amusement Rides, est. 1969) and PAR (Permanent Amusement Rides, est. 2001) inspection programs ..... ERTU being a division of DOSH .....

I'm not sure how long they've been there, but the ERTU is headquartered not in Sacramento like most State agencies, but just down the road from the DLR on Katella .........

• Minion

Acranims are fun.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast