Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

• A Pirate's Life For Me

Re: California Screamin' Begins Testing!

Quote Originally Posted by jmuboy
    Good news, DCA will finally have three good attractions again instead of just ToT and Soarn'
    Three good rides? If you are going to set the bar this high, to be fair we are going to have to say that DL itself only has five. Let's see. Space Mtn, Indy, POTC, HM and Winnie the Pooh. Oops! Not Winnie the Pooh. I guess that only leaves us with four.

Granted, DCA is not as good as DL. But what other park is? Being unfairly harsh to DCA makes the critic less credible.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by HydroGuy
    Three good rides? If you are going to set the bar this high, to be fair we are going to have to say that DL itself only has five. Let's see. Space Mtn, Indy, POTC, HM and Winnie the Pooh. Oops! Not Winnie the Pooh. I guess that only leaves us with four.

Granted, DCA is not as good as DL. But what other park is? Being unfairly harsh to DCA makes the critic less credible.
    You forgot Big Thunder, Splash Mountain, Jungle Cruise, It's a Small World, and Matterhorn. I say you are quite off. I count 9 vs 2.

• A Pirate's Life For Me

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyfreak
    You forgot Big Thunder, Splash Mountain, Jungle Cruise, It's a Small World, and Matterhorn. I say you are quite off. I count 9 vs 2.
    I would agree with you according to a reasonable definition of "good". My point was that the previous post defined "good" so high that they left off other good DCA rides. According to the previous post, GRR is not "good". I would put GRR roughly equal to Splash/Matterhorn/BTMRR, and ahead of IASW and JC. If GRR is not "good", then neither are these.

IMO, I would count GRR and the Animation Studio as not only good attractions, but excellent ones. Others at DCA that are merely good include Maliboomer and Mulholland Madness (well, maybe ).

To get back on topic, it sounds like Screamin is going to be back in a few to several weeks. We missed it during our August trip and are hoping it will be up for our day trip in November.

• Banned User

It's strange walking through Paradise Pier and not having something going on around you. With Screamin' gone, I have realized how much energy and visual excitement it provides for that area of the park. Other than sitting around in the Pier and watching Screamin run its track, there is really nothing other to look at in that area of the park. So much metal and concrete...it's kind of boring. But I still thinks its unfortunate it had to have an accident, I hope it never happens again.

• Still wants to be a cat!

Saw testing this morning on Screamin', as the Wolfette and I were headed to the Park for Gay Days! She is so excited to see it running again, usually she takes a hiatus from rides that have involved accidents, but not this one!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234