Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cool New to MiceChat and need some advice! =]

Hi Guys! First off, I think this is the coolest and fun-est website! I love how you all interact online as well as in person;For the longest time I thought I was the only person who loved Disneyland (..well, everything Disney!) a ridiculous amount! I can't wait to get started to chatting with some of you!

Now..Question Time...!

I am going to Disneyland with my fiancee (in DL on April 22nd, and DCA on April 23rd, Wednesday, Thursday) and was looking for some opinions on what the crowds will be like..I know it is after all of the spring break's and I got a killer deal at the Hotel Menage ($50 a night, hope it's an okay place!) and wanted some opinions on both the crowds and the Hotel Menage! =] Looking forward to hearing from you guy's!

Maybe a few random idea's? Haven't been to the park since October and I can't tell if we're going to be dissapointed with DCA and it's refurbishments..=[

• hogwarts + disneyland = ♥

Re: New to MiceChat and need some advice! =]

well i've stayed at hotel menage before and we got a good deal there too! so i wasn't expecting it to be great....but our room was actually really nice..and they have a good pool. maybe try to request a room that isn't facing the freeway so you don't have to listen to it all night? as for crowds, i'm not good at predicting but it has been very busy this winter compared to previous years. but i don't think there are any big events during that time. i think the food & wine festial starts april 24th(?) so you won't have to worry about that crowd. hope i helped a little bit...

• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

First off, welcome to MiceChat.

I haven't stayed at the Hotel Menage, so I'm not much help there, but would agree with kburford to ask about non-freeway facing rooms.

The 22nd and 23rd will be at the tailend of spring break and right before the Food & Wine Festival, so you may get a slightly smaller crowd at the resort than has been there recently. Just in case though, I'd be prepared for large crowds as you are in 2fer season.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

Welcome snowwhite9011 and Enjoy!!
    thanE

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Welcome snowwhite9011!

I haven't stayed at the Menage myself, but theres some chat about it here. (This thread is a bit dated, for what its worth.) You can also find current reviews on Trip Advisor.

Hotel Menage Anaheim Boutique

And crowds? Going mid-week will help. But as others have stated, its been exceptionally busy this year with the early start of the 2fer and the free birthday entry so..... like Anders said, be prepared for crowds just in case and if they're not there... all the better!!

And be sure and post a trip report when you get back!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Disneymom

Welcome to MC. Have fun at DL.

• Dont make me unfriend you

Welcome Snowwhite!

I'll be in California that same week! In other years when we have gone in late April the crowds have been pretty small. That's why we picked the week we did.

However, as others have said, there is some new stuff going on this year so I can't say about this year's crowds.

Here's to hoping there will be small crowds!

• Here's my 2 cents

I dont know the hotel where you're staying however I do know about noise problems when traveling. I always take these bright orange foam disposable ear plugs, they're made by 3M and they're super comfy. no matter where I stay, next to a fwy, train, busy street, parking lot, airport, whatever, my room is a quiet as a tomb when I use them.

Crowds?, yep they'll be there, just expect it and then be pleasantly surprized if its no so bad!
    I reject your reality and substitute my own

• Rock Star Minion

Crowds should be fine.
    Random advice? KILL ALL HUMANS!!!!
    And, I don't think there is a way to be any more disappointed with DCA. Certainly the construction is not affecting the "theme" of the park.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• I'm Wishing...

Hi there! I'm new as well, welcome! =) I know, I was so surprised to find a whole site full of people who shared my, er, obsession. =P Isn't it great?

Luckily, you will be coming here after Spring Break AND mid-week, so you shouldn't have any crowds at all. You chose a perfect time! =)

About being disappointed, I really doubt it! I'm never disappointed with Disneyland, some people say they may be but for me the magic is never gone! You'll be able to ride the new Small World (you can check out the review thread here if you'd like; a lot of opinions... I loved it, myself! =) ), and see the new parade (Celebrate! A Street Party. A Cast Member told me that it was temporary until the new parade arrives, but I'm sure it will be there during your stay. It's cute and fun; more of a dancy, fun parade than a magical one, but still great).

The fireworks are BEAUTIFUL as always, and you'll definitely want to catch Fantasmic! -I believe it's closing in a few weeks to be refurbished with some new water effects- and it's definitely my favorite. You've probably seen it dozens of times before, so you know, but that's probably the main time that crowds gather; I would say, if you can, catch the 10:30 show instead of the 9 o clock- much less crowded, and you won't have to camp out at 8:00 to get a good seat =P. That way, you can see the Fireworks at the castle (instead of over the river) and then still have some time to get a seat at the 10:30 Fantasmic! show! =)

Everything else is mainly the same; they put Pixie Hollow into the park and it's entirely finished now; I don't know if you and your fiancee (oh my, CONGRATULATIONS, by the way! How lovely!!!!!) love characters, but if you were interested Tink and her friends are all there. =) They also have the Princess Meet and Greet walk through (sadly, the Princess Fantasy Faire closed!) and Mickey and the gang in Toontown... And the princesses still come to the Disneyland entrance around 1:30 to take pictures.

If you need anything else just ask, I'd love to help. I wish I could give you m opinion on the hotel but I've never stayed there before! AMAZING deal, though!

Have an amazing time =D

Talking Re: New to MiceChat and need some advice! =]

Thanks everyone! I'm so excited, I think about Disneyland every 2 seconds!

Hannahbelle- Yes, this site is totally great for a Disney obsession! I have been on it since 7:30am, now 11:30am at work!) and it's helping to bring the day down much faster..I was actually asking if california adventure will be a dissapointment because of the refurbishments and the empty paradise bay, but thank you for the input on Disneyland as well!

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

There are some messy bits from the DCA work and the DL Rehabs, but Disney does their best to hide it and not block off anything vital.

And until now there hasn't been anything of note going on out in Paradise Bay anyway, so you really aren't missing anything with it drained - just a big flat lake and a few wind waves.

And to some people, having their hotel room as quiet as a tomb is a problem - Whether you live in the city or country, there is such a thing as Too Quiet. When all the animals suddenly shut up, it's usually trouble. When the power fails and the fans stop, some people sense it and wake up.

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

• The Yodelin' Cowgirl

Blog Entries

My friend and I stayed at Menage about a year ago. I thought it was just okay, my friend loved it and always wants to stay there. *shrug* Keep in mind you will have to pay to park there (it's not much as I recall)
    We're going that weekend so I too hope it's not that crowded :P
    As for DCA construction... pictures make it look way worse than it is and there are really only about 2-3 rides that are actually closed so its not like you're missing out on many attractions
    You'll have as much fun as you decide to have. I'm sure you won't be dissapointed

Quote Originally Posted by Kuzcochik View Post
    My friend and I stayed at Menage about a year ago. I thought it was just okay, my friend loved it and always wants to stay there. *shrug* Keep in mind you will have to pay to park there (it's not much as I recall)
    We're going that weekend so I too hope it's not that crowded :P
    As for DCA construction... pictures make it look way worse than it is and there are really only about 2-3 rides that are actually closed so its not like you're missing out on many attractions
    You'll have as much fun as you decide to have. I'm sure you won't be dissapointed

Kuzcochik- I'm not sure if you're looking..but on Hotels.com they give a GREAT rate for the Hotel Menage if you and your friend wanted to stay again..Hotel Menage price matches and we booked 3 nights for a total of $186; split it by two and it's a pretty good deal!

• Kingdom Comedian

My advice: always bet on black.

(Wait, what are we talking about again?)

Welcome to MiceChat

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast