Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 26
  1. #1

    • Only the Lonely
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    wasteland
    Posts
    9,805
    Blog Entries
    1

    Question Do you think "celebrate" party will go down as light magic did?

    I'm just curious, because I've haven't been hearing a lot of "positive" reviews.
    "Your dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." Walt Disney





    Posts: 7,777 4x the Luck




    [


  2. #2

    • Beach Expert
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after
    Posts
    10,499

    Re: Do you think "celebrate" party will go down as light magic did?

    I don't think it was ever intended to last for more than a year anyway, so I doubt it.

    You may see some modifications along the way based on guest feedback, but I don't think this show is supposed to last that long anyway.

  3. #3

    • Senior Monorail Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Anaheim Hills, CA
    Posts
    1,424

    Re: Do you think "celebrate" party will go down as light magic did?

    No because it appeals to a very young fan base (aka Hannah Montana fans). Light Magic just scared the living daylights out of people, even at night. It pissed off AP's which would have been the majority of its fan base due to the preview incident. Celebrate hasn't pissed anyone off or been extrmely horrible, just dissapointing. I don't think much could hit Light Magics level.

    CASP! (Can we make that the acronym?) is just extremely dissapointing and underwelming in my opinion.
    WELCOME ABOARD
    THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!
    by intoxication, i'm pretty sure the OP meant that disneyland just gave us a free acid trip.
    -PLAUGED reffering to the Winnie the Pooh ride...

  4. #4

    • Sock Puppet
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    2,115

    Re: Do you think "celebrate" party will go down as light magic did?

    I don't think ANYTHING can go down as fast as Light Tragic did...

  5. #5

    • Surfin the net with Duffy
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Orange, CA
    Posts
    1,152

    Re: Do you think "celebrate" party will go down as light magic did?

    I still don't understand why Light Magic "scared" people. I loved the music!


    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011
    We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
    Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

  6. #6

    • Only the Lonely
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    wasteland
    Posts
    9,805
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Do you think "celebrate" party will go down as light magic did?

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric5675 View Post
    No because it appeals to a very young fan base (aka Hannah Montana fans). Light Magic just scared the living daylights out of people, even at night. It pissed off AP's which would have been the majority of its fan base due to the preview incident. Celebrate hasn't pissed anyone off or been extrmely horrible, just dissapointing. I don't think much could hit Light Magics level.

    CASP! (Can we make that the acronym?) is just extremely dissapointing and underwelming in my opinion.

    The first time I saw light magic..it just creep me out..espically those fairies..i could still see their faces..
    "Your dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." Walt Disney





    Posts: 7,777 4x the Luck




    [


  7. #7

    • Yo!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Along the coast
    Posts
    1,144

    Re: Do you think "celebrate" party will go down as light magic did?

    I saw 4 showings between Friday-Saturday, and at not one of them did I hear anybody booing the show. I'd say based on that alone it'll do just fine.
    "Keep Moving Forward."

  8. #8

    • Special Agent
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,884

    Re: Do you think "celebrate" party will go down as light magic did?

    I think if light magic had opened this year, it would have been a huge hit, what with the massive popularity of the Disney Fairies franchise.

    Light Magic died mostly because it was replacing the Main Street Electrical parade, was hyped up far beyond what it could achieve, and just didn't meet expectations. It wasn't really that bad of a show, just the wrong show for the time. I would have rather they developed Light Magic a little further than bring back the antiquated electrical parade.

    Celebrate really isn't that bad. And it seems the folks here who have seen it mostly like it for what it is. It's still better than having no parade at all, which Disney could easily do as well.

  9. #9

    • Yeah.....
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Posts
    3,977

    Re: Do you think "celebrate" party will go down as light magic did?

    All I know is, I'll be Celebrating in the streets for the rest of 2009!....and hopefully longer!

  10. #10

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,535

    Re: Do you think "celebrate" party will go down as light magic did?

    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    I don't think it was ever intended to last for more than a year anyway, so I doubt it.

    You may see some modifications along the way based on guest feedback, but I don't think this show is supposed to last that long anyway.
    Any intentions of any park element being limited to a timeframe is a useless exercise. Year of a Million Dreams? Disneyland 50th Birthday? Star Tours? Anything the company thinks of as being changed out after a particular length of time is of little consequence. If the park doesn't want to (or doesn't have the budget to) change the "parade", chances are that it could just continue.

    But, in this case, it seems there are quite enough other issues to have the plug pulled.

  11. #11

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,535

    Re: Do you think "celebrate" party will go down as light magic did?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Didymus View Post
    All I know is, I'll be Celebrating in the streets for the rest of 2009!....and hopefully longer!
    You can celebrate all you like whenever you like for as long as you like. You don't need Disney's marketing promotion to do that.

  12. #12

    • It's all about Theme!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    3,604

    Re: Do you think "celebrate" party will go down as light magic did?

    Hopefully.


    Tomorrow couldn't be sooner.
    Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
    "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
    -August 1st 2010

    And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
    -August 2nd 2010

  13. #13

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    8,138

    Re: Do you think "celebrate" party will go down as light magic did?

    I don't think it'll be a Light Magic-style flop.

    In fact, I bet it'll continue into the 55th Anniversary. Probably as an accompaniment to the Worlds of Wonder parade.

    An accompaniment, like it was intended to be.

  14. #14

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's a music celebration!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Beautiful SoCal
    Posts
    1,538

    Re: Do you think "celebrate" party will go down as light magic did?

    Quote Originally Posted by stitchon View Post
    In fact, I bet it'll continue into the 55th Anniversary. Probably as an accompaniment to the Worlds of Wonder parade.

    An accompaniment, like it was intended to be.
    I really, really like this idea!

    As stitchon points out, when CASP was first announced, it was an addition to the existing Entertainment offerings--including POD. Just like at the MK in Florida. They have the Move It! Shake It! Celebrate It! street event, in addition to their regular parades. I would LOVE to see the 55th Anniversary Parade appear as soon as possible, but to have CASP running at the same time...possibly in a scaled down version.

    In the meantime, I can't wait to go back next weekend to see it again!

  15. #15

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    8,138

    Re: Do you think "celebrate" party will go down as light magic did?

    Quote Originally Posted by Armadillo4 View Post
    I really, really like this idea!

    As stitchon points out, when CASP was first announced, it was an addition to the existing Entertainment offerings--including POD. Just like at the MK in Florida. They have the Move It! Shake It! Celebrate It! street event, in addition to their regular parades. I would LOVE to see the 55th Anniversary Parade appear as soon as possible, but to have CASP running at the same time...possibly in a scaled down version.

    In the meantime, I can't wait to go back next weekend to see it again!
    I think it would be the perfect solution to Entertainment's problems and also help amplify the birthday theme.

    Worlds of Wonder could be the elegant yet fun park salute, and Celebrate is a loud, brash, fun party that could easily become a loud, brash, fun birthday party in honor of Disneyland's 55th.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •