View Poll Results: Mickey's PhilHarmagic ..Where In the Disneyland Resort Would It Best Be Placed?

Voters
98. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fantasyland

14 14.29%
  • Toontown

43 43.88%
  • Hollywood Pictures Backlot

28 28.57%
  • Inside the Sub Lagoon Cave

1 1.02%
  • Atop the former PM/Astro Orbitor Tower

3 3.06%
  • Elsewhere

3 3.06%
  • Don't care

6 6.12%
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• Iron-Clad Allie

Mickey's PhilHarmagic ..Fantasyland, Toontown or Hollywood Pictures Backlot?

As has been the subject of considerable speculation, Disneyland will likely get it's own version of WDW's Mickey's PhilHarmagic at some point down the road. The 12-minute state-of-the-art CG 3D (described as 4D) experince has remained quite popular at the Magic Kingdom's Fantasyland.

Where in the Disneyland resort would you like to see the attraction placed? Fantasyland, Toontown, DCA's Hollywood, or elsewhere?
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 04-02-2009 at 10:01 AM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Re: Mickey's PhilHarmagic ..Fantasyland, Toontown or Hollywood Pictures Backlot?

I wish they'd give 3D shows up at Disneyland. They never last long -- the local-driven audience of Disneyland seems to abandon 3D shows pretty quickly. I see no reason why PhilharMagic is at all a good idea for the Disneyland Resort.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Seasick

Re: Mickey's PhilHarmagic ..Fantasyland, Toontown or Hollywood Pictures Backlot?

I find Philharmagic to be the most repeatable of the 3D films. They don't waste time telling a detailed story, which makes other 3D films boring when viewed multiple times, imo. It's just fun from start to finish, like a ride, if not as good an experience as a full attraction.

Put it in Toontown. It could use another attraction, Philhamagic is thematically appropriate, and won't necesscarily displace another attraction, which it most likely would in Fantasyland.
    My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Where's the option for NO WHERE? I think it's fine in WDW. Disneyland resort does not need this.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by BC_DisneyGeek View Post
    I find Philharmagic to be the most repeatable of the 3D films. They don't waste time telling a detailed story, which makes other 3D films boring when viewed multiple times, imo. It's just fun from start to finish, like a ride, if not as good an experience as a full attraction.

Put it in Toontown. It could use another attraction, Philhamagic is thematically appropriate, and won't necesscarily displace another attraction, which it most likely would in Fantasyland.
    You took the words straight out of my mouth, DisneyGeek. I've remained anxious for some time for Toontown to receive another attraction as it is dearth of them. PhilHarmagic would be a perfect for the theme ..and a tremendous draw.

It is also correct to assume a Fantasyland addition would mean the tearing out of a beloved classic ride. Mister Toad controvercy, here we come again.

Toontown is the logical best choice.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey View Post
    I wish they'd give 3D shows up at Disneyland. They never last long -- the local-driven audience of Disneyland seems to abandon 3D shows pretty quickly. I see no reason why PhilharMagic is at all a good idea for the Disneyland Resort.
    The popularity of It's Tough To Be A Bug has lasted quite a long while already. the place is packed very time I come with family and friends. Muppet's draws in a decent regular audience. I'd say the aging HISTA gives the aging StarTours a run for it's money.

If I attended DLR as frequently as you must MG, I would probably be bored of the film-based rides too ..in exception for the element of watching others have fun. Most folks I feel do not come to the park as frequently as super fans that have the opportunity ..and seize it.

• Sock Puppet

I voted that I don't care.

I'll let the folks that make the big bucks at Disney decide where it will be best suited.

Speculatively speaking, of course...

• Banned User

If we are going to have Phil, we might as well toss it in as a replacement for HISTA. In my opinion, HISTA is pretty lame. The Muppets was much more entertaining of the two.

Granted, Phil may not be the first pick of many to have enter Disneyland, but I wouldn't mind seeing it as I am sure many others who couldn't afford to go from coast to coast do.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by MissAlyssa View Post
    If we are going to have Phil, we might as well toss it in as a replacement for HISTA. In my opinion, HISTA is pretty lame. The Muppets was much more entertaining of the two.

Granted, Phil may not be the first pick of many to have enter Disneyland, but I wouldn't mind seeing it as I am sure many others who couldn't afford to go from coast to coast do.

HISTA is indeed lame, but I don't see how Philharmagic fits into Tomorrowland.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    HISTA is indeed lame, but I don't see how Philharmagic fits into Tomorrowland.
    That was sarcastic humor. What on Earth would Mickey's PhilHarmagic be doing at the top of the former PeopleMover/Astro Orbitor tower? Hopefully, the AO will soon be returnred there ..along with a new ride to replace the PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Where's the option for NO WHERE? I think it's fine in WDW. Disneyland resort does not need this.
    I second that!

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by MissAlyssa View Post

PhilHarmagic would be far better than HISTA ..and it wouldn't be the first time Disney has thrown rides into Tomorrowland that have nothing to do with it.

• Progressive Disneylander

Toontown by a mile.

The addition of PhilHarmagic would, at least for me, finally make Toontown a legitimate 'land' in Disneyland and not just some substanceless kiddie area. I'd like to finally have a reason to want to go to Toontown other than to use it to catch the train.

Plus, thematically, it fits in there better than anywhere else in the Disneyland Resort.

• Why work when you can MC?

I think a 3D theater in Toontown would be a good fit thematically featuring shows with the Fab 5. I do not want the same story as WDW. In a perfect world, I would also like to know that there was commitment to a planned refresh of the show given a heavier local attendance to DL. This would also be a good candidate for a Holiday show, which would fit in nicely with an established strategy.

As far as repeatability goes, I don't see much difference between the repeatability of this show and Country Bears, which many people would like to see return.

• nș 103

Assuming it came to Disneyland, it would best fit in Toontown, though I don't know where they'd put it. So it'd probably end up in HISTA's place, or possibly replace Muppet's in DCA. But still, it'd best fit in Toontown.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast