Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• Unhelpful User

Wink What Year did you first attend Disneyland?

and how has it changed?

what was the ticket price?

What was the New attraction coming out?

and your first memory take your time and really think about this one?

• Senior Minion

Re: What Year did you first attend Disneyland?

Great thread. Why don't you start?

Tell us when you first visited Disneyland. Tell us all the things that have changed since then. And what was the ticket price. And what was the New attraction coming out. And your first memory.

Take your time and really think about this one.

For a change.

"With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by DCAfanatic View Post
    and how has it changed?

what was the ticket price?

What was the New attraction coming out?

and your first memory take your time and really think about this one?
    I was born in Glendale, CA in late October of 1968 so my first visit most likely was some time in 1969 or 1970.

I don't remember what the tickets cost. I didn't pay. I do remember when it cost $8 for Juniors to get in.

I don't remember the new attraction. I know HM opened in 69 but I don't remember that obviously. I do remember when Space Mt opened and being too scared to ride it until maybe 4 years later.

My first memory is probably the push-button telephones they had set up in Tomorrowland near where Buzz is now where you pick up the receiver and dial a number to listen to a character talk to you. I also have a fleeting memory of Carousel Of Progress.

Christmas of 1982, went with my family. Have no idea what tickets cost since I was 4 at the time.

I remember two things clearly: the refurb walls around the Matterhorn and the parades that afternoon and evening. I don't recall what they were exactly they were, but seeing the characters I knew from TV and movies live in front of me and all the bright colors and lights just still sticks with me today. As to the Matterhorn, it just made the magic white mountain I had always seen from the freeway all the more mysterious. What was in there? What kind of a ride would it be? Would I ever have the chance to be big enough to go on it? I suppose it was that sense of wonder and fear that made the mountain mean all the more to me. Still does come to think of it.

• Indiana Scott

1966, I was 5. The family drove there from Wa. state in our new Mustang. Other than that, all I remember is that it was hot, crowded and fun.

• Sock Puppet

POTC had just opened and since Walt had recently passed away, my parents worried that the Park might close down so we went. I still have a few souveniers from back then.

I clearly remember POTC, Dumbo, the Subs and Tink during the fireworks.

Unless my mind is playing tricks on me...

• Missing an Angel

1979. I was 2. And the only thing I remember was the battle scene on POTC cause it scared me.

• waitin' to board

Laffite's Landing.............yea I wish...currently about 700 miles away unfortunately.

1972...do not remember anything as I was only 1, but have some pictures of me at IASW......

I was born in Orange in Oct 68. It had to be around 69 or 70. Don't remember much, I was 1 or 2. But I think I might have some pics of me in a stroller!

•   
    • So fetch

I don't remember how much tickets cost since I was 3 at the time. I don't remember anything from that trip. From pictures I know I didn't want to take pictures with any of the characters except for Minnie Mouse because that's the only picture I didn't hide my face. According to my parents I didn't want to go on Jungle Cruise and I let the entire park know it. My parents left shortly after that infamous Jungle Cruise trip thanks to me.

My first memory of Disneyland is a scary one but I'm not sure if it's from my first trip or another one. I thought Monstro was going to eat me. I still get a little anxious near that whale.

• Little Green Man

I was born in May 68 and my mom's rule was we couldn't go to Disneyland until we were potty trained so my first trip was in 1977 (kidding) - 1970 or so.
    I remember from early trips trying to spot the Matterhorn from the freeway and being really nervous about Pirates and Mansion.
    We also bought Mickey balloons home.

• Here's my 2 cents

1960, I was 4-5 at the time and I only have photos my parents took to confirm I was there, I have no memory of it.

1963 was my 2nd visit to the Park and that cemented my DL obsession, I think I spent 4 hours on TSI with my cousin, back then it was "normal" for our parents to cut us loose and say "meet us back here for lunch" and off we went. How times have changed.

I have no idea how much anything cost, I was just a kid.

The Park has changed so much over the years with attraction addtions and remodeling the various "lands" but, it's me that changed the most so my perception is different than when I was a kid, but I love going and unexpectedly catching a smell or experience that, for a brief moment, takes me back to 1963 when DL the ultimate playground for an 8 yr old!
    I still have the 1963 souvenir guide on the bookcase. I look thru it at least once a week.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own

• Banned User

I was born at the Kaiser Permanente in Bellflower in 77. I'm not sure when my first trip was but I'm thinking it was either 83 or 84. Not sure how much it cost, but it couldn't have been a whole lot because my aunt took me about 5 or 6 times a year.

Not sure what the new attraction was but I do remember that Captain EO was newish when I saw it.

I was born in Jan. of 68, my first visit was in 72 ithink.
    I have no idea the cost obviously. I have a couple distinct but random memories, one was standing in line at one of the ticket booths in Tommorrowland with my dad, then going to ride the Rocket Jets and the Peoplemover. I miss them.
    I wanted to make the rocket go higher and pop wanted it to be down, he let me have my way

The other clear memory, is the battle scene in Pirates because it scared me. I also clearly remember the trio of pirates singing by the donkey and the dog.
    Like the poster above, on later trips I would look for the Matterhorn from the freeway, that coupled with the old sign on Harbor made for crazy excitement!

• in the Golden Afternoon

My first trip was in June of 1991 and i was a little over a year old, so the only thing that i remember (and it is also my first memory ever) was being in the car in my carseat driving there. But my first memory of Disneyland i was probably about 3 and i remember sitting on my grandmas lap in her rented wheelchair watching the Electrical Parade :]

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast