Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 107
  1. #46

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    14,494

    Re: Expanding Adventureland, Toontown and Tomorrowland Beyond the Berm

    Indoor autopia loading area would be pretty loud, unless they go electric, as a "Tomorrowland" attraction should.

  2. #47

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    14,494

    Re: Expanding Adventureland, Toontown and Tomorrowland Beyond the Berm

    Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    This is where sediment is needed.
    Sure, whatever I can do to help.



    Wait a minute....

  3. #48

    • Iron-Clad Allie
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    39,590

    Re: Expanding Adventureland, Toontown and Tomorrowland Beyond the Berm

    Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    Indoor autopia loading area would be pretty loud, unless they go electric, as a "Tomorrowland" attraction should.
    Going electric would be the most logical thing for the Autopia. Disneyland could lead the way in encouraging auto manufacturers to place a greater emphases on developing electric and electric hybrid vehicles. Hopefully, they will dominate the roadways of tomorrow.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!


  4. #49

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Jefferson Ma, United States
    Posts
    127

    Re: Expanding Adventureland, Toontown and Tomorrowland Beyond the Berm

    Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    Going electric would be the most logical thing for the Autopia. Disneyland could lead the way in encouraging auto manufacturers to place a greater emphases on developing electric and electric hybrid vehicles. Hopefully, they will dominate the roadways of tomorrow.
    I have been wondering Why Disney hasn't struck a deal with Honda or Toyota on this. It would be a good fit.

  5. #50

    • Iron-Clad Allie
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    39,590

    Re: Expanding Adventureland, Toontown and Tomorrowland Beyond the Berm

    Quote Originally Posted by caldisneyfan1 View Post
    I have been wondering Why Disney hasn't struck a deal with Honda or Toyota on this. It would be a good fit.
    Toyota is mulling over sponsoring Test Track. If this happens, the company just might consider sponsoring DL's Autopia and WDW's Tomorrowland Speedway.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!


  6. #51

    • Merry 2014!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Under the stairs drinking hot grog
    Posts
    9,488

    Re: Expanding Adventureland, Toontown and Tomorrowland Beyond the Berm

    Quote Originally Posted by Fantasmico! View Post
    I agree. Expending it to Critter Country would be nifty. That part of the park is so beautiful.



    To me the problem is that the themeing seems to be really only be a joke ala "Roger Rabbit".
    Quote Originally Posted by animagusurreal View Post
    In a lot of those old cartoons, everything was a joke .

    Well done animagusurreal.
    Sig by Poisonedapples!

  7. #52

    • Imagineer in training
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    7.9 miles from the Happiest Place on Earth!
    Posts
    58

    Re: Expanding Adventureland, Toontown and Tomorrowland Beyond the Berm

    I think that Autopia should be torn out or at least severely downsized. For a C or D ticket ride, it takes up a TON of space. Too much space, imo, that could be put to better use...
    I want to be an Imagineer....

  8. #53

    •   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Posts
    65,971
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Expanding Adventureland, Toontown and Tomorrowland Beyond the Berm

    Just because it would be physically possible to expand outside the berm, doesn't mean that they should. Sure if they had the inclination and massive amounts of money (which is what it would take to relocate the facilities backstage) they could but I like having a close knit park. Regardless of going multi-level, there are a lot of support structures not only for the park, but for staff as well.

    I would rather they make better use of some of the un and under utilized real estate within the berm, finish up DCA, then focus on the third gate before they consider expanding Disneyland beyond its current berm. Its big enough, it just needs to utilize better some of the space it has.




    Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!


    Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

  9. #54

    • Iron-Clad Allie
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    39,590

    Re: Expanding Adventureland, Toontown and Tomorrowland Beyond the Berm

    Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    Just because it would be physically possible to expand outside the berm, doesn't mean that they should. Sure if they had the inclination and massive amounts of money (which is what it would take to relocate the facilities backstage) they could but I like having a close knit park. Regardless of going multi-level, there are a lot of support structures not only for the park, but for staff as well.

    I would rather they make better use of some of the un and under utilized real estate within the berm, finish up DCA, then focus on the third gate before they consider expanding Disneyland beyond its current berm. Its big enough, it just needs to utilize better some of the space it has.
    Appreciate your constructive input here pengy. I agree and have stressed that internal fill-ins are priority one over expanding beyond the berm. Glad that you agree with me that there are times when it is nexessary to place attractions on the other side.

    Consider the fact that a large part of Adventureland has already overlapped past the berm ..via the Indiana Jones ride. Small World has also pushed it's land (Fantasyland) past it. Critter Country crosses over big time! Then there's Toontown. Almost the whole thing is on the other side. We should all be happy that there is all kinds of land (counting fill in spots within the park, and the area outside) to build new attractions on.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 04-03-2009 at 11:24 PM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!


  10. #55

    • Merry 2014!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Under the stairs drinking hot grog
    Posts
    9,488

    Re: Expanding Adventureland, Toontown and Tomorrowland Beyond the Berm




    Now that I think about it Disneyland would be spoiled aesthetically, at least aerially and "chi" wise, if there was a lot of expansion beyond the berm. Critter country kind of makes the park look lopsided by protruding outward. Toontown doesn't look jarring because , to me, it just looks like back lot activity. The berm keeps everything together in a nice, cozy, and appealing package.
    Sig by Poisonedapples!

  11. #56

    • =)
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    13,290

    Re: Expanding Adventureland, Toontown and Tomorrowland Beyond the Berm

    It's easy enough to think that way when you're looking at aerial photos, Fantasmico, but it's really not an issue while you're actually in the park. There is no fundamental shift if you go outside the berm, or outside the railroad tracks. People just don't think about it. Still feels like the park if it still looks like the park. The berm is very handy for keeping the magic in and keeping reality out, but it's not necessary for every part of the park's borders. Critter Country manages because the Splash Mountain show building and the various shops (and another berm) enclose everything. Toontown has plenty of buildings to give it borders. All you need is something to isolate you from the real world.


  12. #57

    • Iron-Clad Allie
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    39,590

    Re: Expanding Adventureland, Toontown and Tomorrowland Beyond the Berm

    Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    It's easy enough to think that way when you're looking at aerial photos, Fantasmico, but it's really not an issue while you're actually in the park. There is no fundamental shift if you go outside the berm, or outside the railroad tracks. People just don't think about it. Still feels like the park if it still looks like the park. The berm is very handy for keeping the magic in and keeping reality out, but it's not necessary for every part of the park's borders. Critter Country manages because the Splash Mountain show building and the various shops (and another berm) enclose everything. Toontown has plenty of buildings to give it borders. All you need is something to isolate you from the real world.
    Bravo, Datameister! Perfectly put. Best ..most exceptional post of the entire thread.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!


  13. #58

    • Junior Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    4,978

    Re: Expanding Adventureland, Toontown and Tomorrowland Beyond the Berm

    Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    Plenty of space above Autopia/monorail/old peoplemover tracks near Small World entrance. Also lots of space above the Autopia loading area.
    If by "above" you mean north of, there really is very little space. You've got the Monorail and DLRR connections to their roundhouses, you've got the parade route and you have the Submarine servicing area.

    What I'd like to see developed is the Motor Boat Cruise area. You shorten the Autopia in that section, build a ride queue in the MBC lagoon, then run tunnels (ala TSMM) under the Monorail and PM tracks, using the rest of the MBC property for the attraction building.

    Quote Originally Posted by mrliver
    All that being said, I think the cheapst and easiest option for expansion would be the expansion of New Orleans Square that had been proposed several years ago. Currently the area behind the Pirates and HM building is nothing but WDI office trailers and a giant sheet metal warehouse for outdoor vending - both of which could be easily and cheaply moved some place else.
    There is some land out there, but there is no available access. You'd have to tunnel under the DLRR and chiller plant.

    I, like many others, would love to see BTR and Fantasyland Theater land developed into new attractions, with a potential western expansion of ToonTown and maybe even walkway connecting the BTR area to western ToonTown. Of course, there are important backstage access tunnels and berms and such there, so it would be complicated.

  14. #59

    • Hello
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    San Luis Obispo
    Posts
    1,259

    Cool Re: Expanding Adventureland, Toontown and Tomorrowland Beyond the Berm

    What's your point? Of course they could expand, but it would be difficult to do so. But it would improve the park.

  15. #60

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    4,272

    Re: Expanding Adventureland, Toontown and Tomorrowland Beyond the Berm

    Before Disney thinks of even going beyond the berm they need to complete Tomorrowland. When I say complete, I mean everything in Tomorrowland receives a retheme. With new attractions. I would like to see the removal of the Stages in Fantasyland and Frontierland, that way Fantasyland could get a new E-Ticket and Frontierland a new D-Ticket.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Fun] How Would You Fix The Berm Issue At California Adventure?
    By Quacky4Donald in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 07-26-2008, 02:50 PM
  2. HKDL-Tomorrowland,Fantasyland,Adventureland late photos!
    By keithlee83 in forum Hong Kong Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 04-15-2008, 07:47 PM
  3. Expanding DCA
    By tyler2cfhs in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 03-20-2007, 07:30 PM
  4. A Walk Around The Berm
    By Treat in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-17-2005, 04:13 PM
  5. Berm forming around DCA?
    By Eddie from the 80s in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-02-2005, 09:50 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •