Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

• Iron-Clad Allie

Expanding Adventureland, Toontown and Tomorrowland Beyond the Berm

As you can see by looking at the aerial map, there is room to expand Adventureland, Toontown and Tomorrowland. Buildings and employee parking areas and roads would have to go. Just the same, the objective could be accomplished if Disney wished to do so.

TOMORROWLAND

Around a year or two ago, Al mentioned that Disney is considering building a Tomorrowland e-ticket ride so big that it would start at some point within the berm and encompass area outside of it as well. According to the rumor, guests traveling on the Disneyland Railroad would be able to observe the new attraction by passing thru a new tunnel located by the diaramas.

The only area that I can see available for the ride's beginning point is between the back of the Innoventions carousel building and the freeway. The new building would have to be juxtaposed in front of the present day terrain/animals diarama building. Then, the ride would continue behind the berm, between it and the freeway.

Seems like there was also a buzz about a ride envolving trackless space age vehicles. If both rumors are interlinked, we could be talking about a giganormous special effects building with a themed immersive environment (or environments) that is out of this world.

TOONTOWN

I've heard absolutely zero predictions concerning new attractions for Toontown. Nevertheless, the bounderies (to the left side and to the back) could be pushed back ..allowing for several sizable attractions. Personally speaking, I would be happy if Disney would complete the land with one or two new rides and Mickey's PhilHarmagic.

ADVENTURELAND

Judging by the map, there is room for expansion all along Adventurlands border on the other side of the berm. This is not to mention the entire former Rainbow Desert Trails wilderness area where the pack mules, conestoga wagons, and train used to travel. there are a couple other projected expansion areas ..though I feel the one;s I have pointed out are the most expansive and doable.

Heard word on MiceChat that TDR/Glendale is considering several significant rides in order to beef-up the land which is dearth of attractions today. There is a buzz about Woody being featured in a darkride called Woody's Round-Up. As I think Disney is poised to cut loose with rides envolving trackless technology, this could be one of them. Also, a swinging gondola ride and an old west carousel are another projections.

A couple e-tickets have been rumored as well rumored as well. Haven't heard anyone suggest what type of rides these may be. What I am hoping for is a wild west themed darkride that combines ride system elements of Pirates and Splash Mountain ..all in all, a hybrid of the old Western River Expedition rumor. Another tantalizing possibility is Geyser Mountain ..that would have guests careening in boats thru wilderness terrain and caves, ultimately riding a geyser far above the land ..and back down.

What do you think about the possibilities of land expansion for the lands mentioned. Would you like to see Disney build the rides discussed. Or would you rather that Disneyland develop other rumored attractions. Perhaps you even have your own ideas for attractions for Adventureland, Toontown or Tomorrowland.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Re: Expanding Adventureland, Toontown and Tomorrowland Beyond the Berm

yes there is room to expand but then where would all those support building, and cast member areas go, they are all required building need for the day to day operations of the park, they would have to demolish a lot of other things around Disneyland to make space and some of those proprieties are not for sale and if they were would have a price put on them so high that it would make any expansion unreasonable.

• Like a grand & miraculous

7 turns from Disneyland!:) but about 1,150 miles on I-5. haha AKA: Puyallup, WA

When you say "Adventureland", I believe you mean Frontierland. I think Frontierland has the most possibility for expansion. I would love for them to take out the event arena, and the ranch(if needed), and put in an E ticket attraction. I love the idea of Western River Expedition!
    Last edited by Brer Stefan; 04-01-2009 at 08:44 PM.

• =)

Nah, the most viable spots for expansion currently are the berm immediately to the east of IASW, the festival arena (and perhaps Fantasyland Theater), and the area where the Fantasyland Skyway station still stands. And if something new is going to be put into Tomorrowland, it should just replace Innoventions outright. There wouldn't be enough room otherwise.

Also, you should seriously check out Live Search Maps.

• Banned User

I have said again, and again, Mickey's Philarmagic has NO place theming terms in Toon Town.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by yoda91 View Post
    yes there is room to expand but then where would all those support building, and cast member areas go, they are all required building need for the day to day operations of the park, they would have to demolish a lot of other things around Disneyland to make space and some of those proprieties are not for sale and if they were would have a price put on them so high that it would make any expansion unreasonable.
    Figured these thoughts would be raised ..and quite understandably so. The answer is Innovation. That's how. There was once a mind-numbing concern as to how to expand the resort out into the parking lots. Then after a good deal of consideration, the decision was made to go multi-level. The same multi-level idea could be utilized for many of the support services.

Paraphrasing, please allow me to reiterate that Walt said Disneyland will always grow as long as there is imagination left in the world. Eventually, it is not impossible that Disney may free up more land by buying up hotels and motels along DLR borders ..one at a time.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    Nah, the most viable spots for expansion currently are the berm immediately to the east of IASW, the festival arena (and perhaps Fantasyland Theater), and the area where the Fantasyland Skyway station still stands. And if something new is going to be put into Tomorrowland, it should just replace Innoventions outright. There wouldn't be enough room otherwise.

Also, you should seriously check out Live Search Maps.
    Do not believe we are locked into the absolute phylosophy that we have to tear out an attraction (or former attraction in order to make room for anything new.

I will take you up on your suggestion to check out Live Search Maps. That's a very good idea. However, the aerial map I have displayed serves the purposes of this thread just fine.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by ICe101 View Post
    I have said again, and again, Mickey's Philarmagic has NO place theming terms in Toon Town.
    Well, I'm certainly NOT stuck on the notion of absolutely having a PhilHarmagic in Toontown. Attraction wise, what do you have in mind for Toontown, ICe?

• =)

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    Do not believe we are locked into the absolute phylosophy that we have to tear out an attraction (or former attraction in order to make room for anything new.
    Better to tear out an underperforming and lackluster attraction like Innoventions than to remove crucial backstage areas. Those things back there are there for a reason, ya know. Besides, the first three options I mentioned did not involve removing attractions or important backstage areas...that's why they're so attractive!

• Special Agent

Better to tear out an underperforming and lackluster attraction like Innoventions than to remove crucial backstage areas.
    Perhaps you are unaware of this, but there are crucial backstage areas that are built into the innoventions building.

There were plans made up many years ago for another E ticket attraction in tomorrowland. It was to have a time travel theme and would have replaced the dioramas. If anything goes into Tomorrowland, it would probably replace the Grand Canyon diorama and possibly the DCA chiller plant.

• Disneyland History Lover

I think Frontierland is in most need of expansion. Tomorrowland is a good size I'd say, it just needs Innoventions to change into something better and I wouldn't entirely mind Autopia to be replaced either. Mickey's Toontown... well, we don't go over there very often at all. I think it'd be nice if they found away to connect Critter Country to Toontown somehow... that way to get from one point to the other you could just circle the park instead of having to go back the way you came. And maybe it's just me but I think the Rivers of America could be condensed a bit... it's pretty big and condensing it would create a lot of room for other attractions.

But yeah... it'd be awesome to see Big Thunder Ranch go and see Frontierland become grander than it's ever been.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Better to tear out an underperforming and lackluster attraction like Innoventions than to remove crucial backstage areas. Those things back there are there for a reason, ya know. Besides, the first three options I mentioned did not involve removing attractions or important backstage areas...that's why they're so attractive!
    I certainly agree with you Datameister that Innoventions needs to go! The faster it's transformed into something else, the better. In addition, I did not mean to imply that I am stalwart agaist tearing other attractions out. You present good ideas as for things that can be torn down and replaced.

Between my expansion suggestion and your ideas, I'm not presenting an either/or scenario. I'm postulating that both are duable. Regardless of what road is taken, a good deal of planning would be required prior to proceding.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by MrLiver View Post
    Perhaps you are unaware of this, but there are crucial backstage areas that are built into the innoventions building.

There were plans made up many years ago for another E ticket attraction in tomorrowland. It was to have a time travel theme and would have replaced the dioramas. If anything goes into Tomorrowland, it would probably replace the Grand Canyon diorama and possibly the DCA chiller plant.
    You have a very good knowledge base concerning the attractions, Mr. Liver.

I can certainly see where the Grand Canyon diarama building might stand in the way of future expansion. There is a gap to the side of it ..a gap that is only one half the length of the GC building.

You unjarred my memory, Mr. Liver. Thanks! Time travel is the theme of the new e-ticket I refered to in my initial thread. Rumor has it that a new building will be made to house the ride ..which will begin inside the park, and extend outside the berm.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 04-01-2009 at 09:48 PM.

• Merry 2014!

As long as they keep the illusion of the berm expand away. They could just do away with Toontown though. Aside form Mickey's and Minnie's houses plus Roger Rabbit there isn't enough there to justify that much area to me. Even Roger is iffy. jmo It could just become part of an expanded Fantasyland especially if they reduce or scrap the Fantasyland theater. Is it even being used? Stage shows seem to be a thing of the past which is sad.

Frontierland definately needs expansion or at least "fleshing out". As for Woody, even though he fits thematically, I don't like the idea of characters outside of Fantasyland. IASW anyone?
    I think a wild stagecoach ride would be cool. A "D" or "C" ride too just not a 3-D film.
    Sig by Poisonedapples!

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Victoria View Post
    I think Frontierland is in most need of expansion. Tomorrowland is a good size I'd say, it just needs Innoventions to change into something better and I wouldn't entirely mind Autopia to be replaced either. Mickey's Toontown... well, we don't go over there very often at all. I think it'd be nice if they found away to connect Critter Country to Toontown somehow... that way to get from one point to the other you could just circle the park instead of having to go back the way you came. And maybe it's just me but I think the Rivers of America could be condensed a bit... it's pretty big and condensing it would create a lot of room for other attractions.

But yeah... it'd be awesome to see Big Thunder Ranch go and see Frontierland become grander than it's ever been.
    The most prominent rumor is that the Innoventions building will house a WALL-E ride after the contract of the current sponsors ends. The ride may extend beyond the building.

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast