• Circle of Ancients

Really simple question that I should know the answer to....

How much does it cost to upgrade a Deluxe Pass to a Premium Pass?

• we jumped out a window

Re: Really simple question that I should know the answer to....

$120, assuming that you opt for the pay it all at once plan.

can I get a purple cupcake for answering?

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Actually, the "official" answer is the difference in price between what was paid for the Deluxe AP, and what is the current price of the Premium AP.

So if the Deluxe was bought before the latest price increase, it would be more. Or if you have a Deluxe with Parking, it would be less.

But if you bought a Deluxe AP recently ($269), and want to upgrade to a Premium ($389), it would be $120.

But if you have access to Costco, and don't yet have your Deluxe AP, buy the Deluxe AP voucher at a SoCal Costco for $269 and redemn by May 31st, and you can use the $50 Gift Card that you get as a bonus to upgrade to a Premium for just $70 more (total of $120).
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by brand42 View Post
    $120, assuming that you opt for the pay it all at once plan.

can I get a purple cupcake for answering?
    Of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer View Post
    Actually, the "official" answer is the difference in price between what was paid for the Deluxe AP, and what is the current price of the Premium AP.

So if the Deluxe was bought before the latest price increase, it would be more. Or if you have a Deluxe with Parking, it would be less.

But if you bought a Deluxe AP recently ($269), and want to upgrade to a Premium ($389), it would be $120.

But if you have access to Costco, and don't yet have your Deluxe AP, buy the Deluxe AP voucher at a SoCal Costco for $269 and redemn by May 31st, and you can use the $50 Gift Card that you get as a bonus to upgrade to a Premium for just $70 more (total of $120).
    Thank you.

• Mortals pay a token fee.

On a similar note (APs) though possibly not quite a "simple" question, though it may be. I recently renewed my pass and unfortunately had to downgrade from Premium to Deluxe due to lack of funds (sad face here). My pass expires on 4/23 so I went in and renewed the pass at the AP center. The process went through, and I forget how I asked this, but asked the CM if it would still be good as a Premium until 4/23. She said "no" and that the Premium was now void and the pass only counted as a Deluxe. I of course was upset as I still had plans to visit on blackout days up until 4/23. They ended up giving me a comp pass for a particular visit (though the comp pass expires on 4/13).

Honestly, it doesn't make sense how I could pay for a Premium Pass for 365 days, but when I renewed to a lower pass it cuts down on those Premium days and won't allow me in, and that could be up to two months! Now, I know I'd probably be able to speak with a lead while at the front gates and they'd sooner or later allow me in, but why should I have to deal with that issue?

Now I understand that this is a double sided sword so to speak, and by this I mean that if you renew to a higher pass, you will have up to two months of a higher passes benefits included, but shouldn't it have less of an affect on guests and give them the advantage on both ends? The entire situation makes no sense.

And now not to mention that while I visit on a blackout day up to 4/23, the card will not scan for parking, and they will ask me to pay. Yet another hassle to deal with, which I know I won't be paying for the parking in the end, but it's the confrontation that's the point. All in all, "bad show."