Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Sock Puppet

Did anyone attend disney look-alike auditions on 4/1/09?

I'd love to hear how everyone did and how it went, if anyone went.
    !

• Hug a Billy

The Golden Horseshoe/Big Thunder Jamboree

Re: Did anyone attend disney look-alike auditions on 4/1/09?

My daughter (almost 25 years old) went. I drove her because she recently had lasik eye surgery and her night vision is not 100% yet.

To cut to the chase, no she did not get hired.

Now the details. As we turned onto Cast Member drive and then turned left we were greeted with many orange cones directing us into the parking structure. Ahead of us were many people and a long, long line. This was about 5:20 PM. I drove into the structure and dropped her off and went out and over to DTD where I went to the Grand Californian's lobby and read and waited.

She said that many more people came after she did. She made "line friends" and had a good time talking to them. She was, as she put it, "geeked out" in her head to actually be backstage. They were behind Toon Town and she saw "stuff" back there. The Celebrate bicyclists came off the route and rode past them saying "good luck" and stuff. She waited in line slowly moving forward until around 7:10. They were ushering groups of 50 (or so) into what appeared to be a dance rehearsal room. Large with mirrors around and those wooden rail things that dancers stretch out on. They were each given a number and lined up in rows. The first row moved up and were looked at, told to smile, hi how are you kind of stuff. Then the next row and so on until all were looked at. Then the people doing the looking (sorry, don't know how many) called out certain numbers and they went on through to the second round. The rest (this would be my daughter) were told thank you for coming, we hope you try again, at the end of the month we will be casting for the Electrical Parade, etc.

She said that 3 guys and 2 girls made it through from her group. They were clearly looking for princes as the guys that made it were very tall and had a strong, square cut chins. Very handsome. The girls appeared to be Snow White types (whatever that is). Around her height (5'5) but really skinny (her words). My daughter is not what one would call skinny but she's not overweight either. Her figure would have gone over well in the 1950's.

Even though she didn't make it further she was excited, happy she went and most importantly she had fun. Yes, she plans to go back for the Electrical Parade auditions. She would love to be an evil step-sister .
    We do not know the date for the parade auditons yet.

I'm glad she had fun. I would have been a wreck as a mom!

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Wendygirl View Post
    My daughter (almost 25 years old) went. I drove her because she recently had lasik eye surgery and her night vision is not 100% yet.

To cut to the chase, no she did not get hired.

Now the details. As we turned onto Cast Member drive and then turned left we were greeted with many orange cones directing us into the parking structure. Ahead of us were many people and a long, long line. This was about 5:20 PM. I drove into the structure and dropped her off and went out and over to DTD where I went to the Grand Californian's lobby and read and waited.

She said that many more people came after she did. She made "line friends" and had a good time talking to them. She was, as she put it, "geeked out" in her head to actually be backstage. They were behind Toon Town and she saw "stuff" back there. The Celebrate bicyclists came off the route and rode past them saying "good luck" and stuff. She waited in line slowly moving forward until around 7:10. They were ushering groups of 50 (or so) into what appeared to be a dance rehearsal room. Large with mirrors around and those wooden rail things that dancers stretch out on. They were each given a number and lined up in rows. The first row moved up and were looked at, told to smile, hi how are you kind of stuff. Then the next row and so on until all were looked at. Then the people doing the looking (sorry, don't know how many) called out certain numbers and they went on through to the second round. The rest (this would be my daughter) were told thank you for coming, we hope you try again, at the end of the month we will be casting for the Electrical Parade, etc.

She said that 3 guys and 2 girls made it through from her group. They were clearly looking for princes as the guys that made it were very tall and had a strong, square cut chins. Very handsome. The girls appeared to be Snow White types (whatever that is). Around her height (5'5) but really skinny (her words). My daughter is not what one would call skinny but she's not overweight either. Her figure would have gone over well in the 1950's.

Even though she didn't make it further she was excited, happy she went and most importantly she had fun. Yes, she plans to go back for the Electrical Parade auditions. She would love to be an evil step-sister .
    We do not know the date for the parade auditons yet.
    Oh, that sounds very fun and cool! Well i'm glad she had fun. Hopefully she gets hired for the parade

• Don't lets be silly! șoș

Just some heads up for people thinking about auditioning in the future (from observations).

You can't trick them by dressing in Princess colors

Don't come dress as a princess (they're looking for professionals, not Disney crazies)!

Don't have cleavage hanging out (you're trying to work for Disney, not Hooters)

Don't overdo the Makeup

If you have bangs, find a way to pull them back (they want to see your face not your hair)

This isn't the time to ask questions

Don't take the audition personally

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyMouse View Post
    Just some heads up for people thinking about auditioning in the future (from observations).

Don't come dress as a princess (they're looking for professionals, not Disney crazies)!

Don't have cleavage hanging out (you're trying to work for Disney, not Hooters)

Don't overdo the Makeup

If you have bangs, find a way to pull them back (they want to see your face not your hair)

This isn't the time to ask questions

Don't take the audition personally
    Good info, thanks

• Missing Main Street

So interesting - thanks for sharing -
    we'll all be wishing your daughter big luck for next time!

• Hug a Billy

The Golden Horseshoe/Big Thunder Jamboree

Thanks. I hope so too.

I had sent my daughter a link to the two posts that had been going on about this audition.

She followed the above advice just out of common sense. No makeup. She put her hair in pig tails and wore a scarf to hold her hair back off her face. A pink tank top thing but no cleavage, a lightweight jacket cause the line was outside for most of the time and her work out pants and tennis shoes just in case she made it to dance moves. I thought she looked rather cute

• Minion

I think the common mistake is a girl won't put makeup on, which they should at the audition since they will be wearing makeup for the roll.

My friend got scripted for Cruella.
    Jeff Wayne

• Honorary Mermaid.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyMouse View Post

Princess colors? Eh? Hahaha. Please explain.

Also....what if your hair is dyed a different color?
    Like mine is obviously red and now I'm kinda thinking they'd think I was trying to woo them by having "Ariel" red hair.

• hogwarts + disneyland = ♥

ahh that's so cool that she went! i really wanted to go but couldn't muster up the courage. now that i know more of a detailed outline of what goes down i will go for the electrical parade! ooh that would be cool! lol

• Banned User

Yea, one of my friends went and made it!!

• Cherry Tart

Quote Originally Posted by LovelyLocks View Post
    Princess colors? Eh? Hahaha. Please explain.
    I'm guessing DisneyMouse means something like dressing in all yellow or gold if you'd think you'd make a good Belle. Or dressing in blues/reds/yellows for Snow White.

I've also seen some girls wearing bows in their hair (ala Snow White and Alice). That's also a mistake.

Also....what if your hair is dyed a different color?
    Like mine is obviously red and now I'm kinda thinking they'd think I was trying to woo them by having "Ariel" red hair.
    That's entirely possible and they might see it that way. You really have no way of explaining that you simply like red hair in general. If you didn't want to dye it again, just keep it all tied back as much as possible so you don't draw attention to it.

But I don't want to go among MAD people!

• Closed Account

A few little tidbits of personal experience, from someone who went to three DLR Entertainment auditions.

1. You absolutely never know what they're looking for, or casting for. When I went to face character auditions I was very surprised by some of the people who made the first cut (and equally surprised that some people didn't). The good folks in casting know what works for their roles as far as face shapes and body types and who knows what else. If you don't get it, it doesn't mean you're not pretty (some of the girls I saw get turned away were gorgeous), it just means you should come back and try again.

2. I totally agree with those saying not to try to dress the part or wear too much makeup or try too hard in general. I remember the head casting honcho saying to us "The good news is, we're judging your looks, so you can't change them, the bad news is, we're judging your looks, you can't change them." I thought that was a great little nugget of wisdom. You either are what they're casting for or you're not, and no Princess Jasmine costume or ridiculous amount of makeup will change that.

3. If you don't get it, don't rule out working out for the resort in some other area. We're all performers in one way or another, maybe just not in such a high profile way as the characters. I got a job in another area about two months after my last audition, and I am so thankful to have ended up where I am. Although I have immense respect and admiration for everyone in Entertainment, I now realize that even though I always dreamed of being a face character, it probably wouldn't have been the right role for me once I got the part. I'm much more happy playing the role of myself and making magic for guests that way!

Best of luck for all those auditioning in the future!

P.S. Line friends are so much fun! I made some every time I auditioned, and I know at least one of them now also works somewhere else in the resort!

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by FantasmicPrincess View Post
    A few little tidbits of personal experience, from someone who went to three DLR Entertainment auditions.

1. You absolutely never know what they're looking for, or casting for. When I went to face character auditions I was very surprised by some of the people who made the first cut (and equally surprised that some people didn't). The good folks in casting know what works for their roles as far as face shapes and body types and who knows what else. If you don't get it, it doesn't mean you're not pretty (some of the girls I saw get turned away were gorgeous), it just means you should come back and try again.

2. I totally agree with those saying not to try to dress the part or wear too much makeup or try too hard in general. I remember the head casting honcho saying to us "The good news is, we're judging your looks, so you can't change them, the bad news is, we're judging your looks, you can't change them." I thought that was a great little nugget of wisdom. You either are what they're casting for or you're not, and no Princess Jasmine costume or ridiculous amount of makeup will change that.

3. If you don't get it, don't rule out working out for the resort in some other area. We're all performers in one way or another, maybe just not in such a high profile way as the characters. I got a job in another area about two months after my last audition, and I am so thankful to have ended up where I am. Although I have immense respect and admiration for everyone in Entertainment, I now realize that even though I always dreamed of being a face character, it probably wouldn't have been the right role for me once I got the part. I'm much more happy playing the role of myself and making magic for guests that way!

Best of luck for all those auditioning in the future!

P.S. Line friends are so much fun! I made some every time I auditioned, and I know at least one of them now also works somewhere else in the resort!
    Oh thats cool! Good thing you like what you do now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast