• phbbbbbt

Mad Hatter costume questions *added pics*

I have talked my kids into being Alice and the Mad Hatter for Halloween, and the baby (just turned one) will be the Cheshire Cat. In our thrift store search for Hatter garb, we found an orange blazer that will definitely work, and a pair of dark olive green pants, from (ready for this?) Disneyland Resort, kid you not, there's tags & everything. So, who, besides the Hatter, which CMs wear dark green pants? Did we manage to find an authentic pair of actual Hatter pants??? (and wouldn't THAT be the coolest???)

Also, can you buy a Hatter hat in the park? We don't get to go very often, but if I know I can get one there, I'm sure I can get someone to pick it up for me... If not, then I guess it'll be Ebay.

I was going to take pics of him earlier today, but got busy. Will try tomorrow, as I'm not going to alter anything until September, he's 10, & growing!!!
    Last edited by Deanna; 04-03-2009 at 04:12 PM.
    xo, Deanna

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Re: Mad Hatter costume questions

You can buy Hatter hats at the park
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Senior Monorail Minion

Not sure, but we have a big mouse in town ;)

Green Pats, hmmm. Fantasyland CM's. I think HM might too but Fantasyland is you're best bet.
    WELCOME ABOARD
    THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!

• Cherry Tart

Fantasyland CMs do wear green pants, but they also have red trim on the pockets. Also they're a slightly lighter, more olive green if you wanna get picky. ^^

As a Hatter fan, I would love to see photos of this costume in time! Not many kids dress up as Hatter.

But I don't want to go among MAD people!

Quote Originally Posted by Deanna View Post
    Also, can you buy a Hatter hat in the park? We don't get to go very often, but if I know I can get one there, I'm sure I can get someone to pick it up for me... If not, then I guess it'll be Ebay.
    Yes you can. You can look on ebay to see what they look like. A couple members here have one; Capt Hook's does for sure, he's shown it in some of his trip-report threads.

• Missing Main Street

I'm just impressed that you're already thinking ahead to Halloween.
    You have got it together, big time.

Hope you share pix of the finished product!

• phbbbbbt

Quote Originally Posted by littlecricket View Post
    Fantasyland CMs do wear green pants, but they also have red trim on the pockets. Also they're a slightly lighter, more olive green if you wanna get picky.
    So they might really be actual Hatter pants, there is no trim at all. I pulled up Hatter pics at Deviantart, and seriously, the color matches. That's pretty exciting!!!

I will definitely post pics come Halloween, and along the way. My daughter is 5, with long blonde hair, and we got her an Alice dress for Christmas. She has tights & china flats (they're navy, not black, but good enough), and I told my son that I'd do whatever costume he wants next year, if he'd do this for Halloween this year. We started early because we thrift shop a lot, & were just keeping our eyes open! Last month we found a women's 2XX shirt with 3/4 sleeves, in pink stripes. Not purple & pink, but really really close, and it's enough fabric to remake into a romper for the baby, plus a tail...

• The Yodelin' Cowgirl

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Deanna View Post
    So they might really be actual Hatter pants, there is no trim at all. I pulled up Hatter pics at Deviantart, and seriously, the color matches. That's pretty exciting!!!

I will definitely post pics come Halloween, and along the way. My daughter is 5, with long blonde hair, and we got her an Alice dress for Christmas. She has tights & china flats (they're navy, not black, but good enough), and I told my son that I'd do whatever costume he wants next year, if he'd do this for Halloween this year. We started early because we thrift shop a lot, & were just keeping our eyes open! Last month we found a women's 2XX shirt with 3/4 sleeves, in pink stripes. Not purple & pink, but really really close, and it's enough fabric to remake into a romper for the baby, plus a tail...
    I second the need for pics of them. Seriously this sounds like the cutest thing ever!!

• Shubisha

If they're hatter pants the tag should probably say so unless the real tag is ripped off and only something that says "disneyland" is there

• phbbbbbt

Quote Originally Posted by almandot View Post
    If they're hatter pants the tag should probably say so unless the real tag is ripped off and only something that says "disneyland" is there
    There's a barcode sticker, & these tags--

And here's my son being goofy, & holding the pants up. I'll alter everything this fall, in case he has a growth spurt. The pants look more olive in this pic, the lighting in my kitchen sucks today with the weather.

Those are plain Costuming tags (i.e. from Main Issue), not somewhere the Mad Hatter would be getting his garb from. Sidenote, they're apparently Female, size 18, length 32.

• phbbbbbt

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyDishwasher View Post
    Those are plain Costuming tags
    Thank you so much, that's what we wanted to know!!! I thought they might be girl pants, but couldn't make the size 18 & 32 work out, dur. Girl pants usually come in a size, not with a length too, & I kept thinking that a size 18 was really not a 32" waist. Maybe a boys 18, but not a women's.

So, what attraction are they from??? Honestly, when I compare them to the really good pics of the Hatter, the color matches really well. I don't get to the park more than every couple of years, so don't know when I'll be able to check myself...

And for those playing along at home, I think we're going to make our own Hatter hat, so that it's like the park hat. I am so excited about these costumes...

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

I'm almost tempted to tell you to put a picture of the barcode up, too. That way at least someone can tell Costuming that the pair of pants reported as "missing" can be checked off the inventory list as 'destroyed'. Or at least they will be when you cut them down to fit the kid...

If the picture is taken square on and with sufficient resolution, they can probably read a printout with the laser scanner.

IANA CM, but they lose a LOT of costume pieces every year to their wear-it-home policies.

By the way, save the pants for later. Always handy to have a pair of green pants on St. Patrick's Day.

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1