Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• former CM

Thumbs down Jay (Rasulo) and Silent Bob (Iger)

So do Jay and Silent Bob make so much money
    that they have become out of touch with their middle-class customers?

I mean, a $36 BBQ meal, or deciding that their guests won't care if some of their restaurants have the fewest menu choices of any "nice" restaurants in the United States?
    Last edited by jcruise86; 04-02-2009 at 10:53 PM.

• Don't lets be silly! șoș

Re: Jay (Rasulo) and Silent Bob (Iger)

Do you really think the President/CEO of the Walt Disney Company and the Chairman, of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts comes up with food prices?

Really...?

I mean... really?

Circarama did a comparison of Tony Roma's style, to the Big Thunder Ranch Barbecue in this thread: http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...-barbeque.html
    Last edited by DisneyMouse; 04-02-2009 at 11:50 PM.

• Infinitized!

"Drinkin beers, beers, beers. Rollin' fatties, smokin' blunts..."

Actually, they should reduce the price of the food and instead be singing:
    "15 bucks little man..."

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyMouse View Post
    Do you really think the President of the Walt Disney Company and the Chairman, of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts comes up with food prices?

Really...?

I mean... really?. . .
    Of course not, but they are ultimately responsible for even the most infinitesimal decisions, LIKE HOW MUCH THEIR PRODUCTS COST.

Walt used to involve himself in deciding what size bags employees should use to pack the gifts that guests purchased, and Eisner was also famous for involving himself in minute details. Iger and certainly the head of the parks should not be above all pricing decisions.
    Last edited by jcruise86; 04-02-2009 at 09:02 PM.

• Lackey

Bob came to our taping of Hannah Montana last Friday (with no audience present at the time) just to hang out for a while. Sure, he was there to meet with Billy Ray, Miley..., but he just hung out with the crew, too - meeting everyone... very nice guy and in touch with what is going on, as well as trusting people to do the jobs they were hired to do. You're being just a bit extreme!

Eddie: You mean to tell me you could have taken your hand out of those cuffs at any time?
    Roger: Not at any time. Only when it's funny.

~<8O]

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by WOKcreative View Post
    Bob came to our taping of Hannah Montana last Friday (with no audience present at the time) just to hang out for a while. Sure, he was there to meet with Billy Ray, Miley..., but he just hung out with the crew, too - meeting everyone... very nice guy and in touch with what is going on, as well as trusting people to do the jobs they were hired to do. You're being just a bit extreme!
    $36 per person (including gratuity and tax) for BBQ and
    (I was told by a Disney representative when I called)
    the same entertainment they had at Woody's Roundup
    is not "very nice."
    $36 for a BBQ meal is "just a bit extreme."

He should hang out at Disneyland and WDW more, "meeting everyone" and listening to how they feel about the food selection and food prices.

A rush of Disney's most devoted fans through August should not be the only consideration when setting prices. If Disney parks gain a reputation as a rip off it would hurt the corporation down the road.
    A few jokes by a late night comedians about long lines (see Kevin Yee's most recent article) and really high prices would do some damage.
    Last edited by jcruise86; 04-02-2009 at 09:40 PM.

You know, I really don't think anyone is forcing you to pay the $28 dollars. You can eat other places as well, and might I suggest a nice vegetarian dish?

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by Theophilus Carter View Post
    You know, I really don't think anyone is forcing you to pay the $28 dollars. . .
    $36 dollars, not $28,
    unless you think of the automatically included tax and gratuity as maaaaaaaagic money that you don't really spend.

And correct, no one is forcing me, but as a Disney freak I am subject to a force that pulls me into anything Disney. Then my frugal self says, "No, you are NOT going to pay $36 for a BBQ meal" and I'm so pissed off by this inner conflict that I'm dashing out messages on Miceage after 11p.m.

In King's great "Letter From Birmingham Jail" he wrote of the frustration of not being to take his daughter to a segregated amusement park. Of course an American of any race earning minimum wage could in 2009 save up for a day at Disneyland for his kids with $36 BBQ meals, but I do know kids in L.A. who have never been to Disneyland or have only been there once, and the only reason is because their parents could not or would not spend the money. I have studied economics, but it still sucks that some little kids are told they can't go to Disneyland. And so I tend to get a bit extreme whenever Disneyland seems to exclude people by class. I particularly detest when this is done inside the park. Club 33 is discrete and most guests go through their day unaware of the rich people drinking alcohol above them. But Disney will lose some of its magic if a substantial % of its kids are frequently told things like, "No, that looks cool, but we can't eat there." That is going happen to tens of thousands of kids on their birthdays at Disneyland this summer as they leave Fantasyland and see Woody through the rails of that fence.

Introducing a $36 BBQ during this recession seems a tad clueless.
    Last edited by jcruise86; 04-02-2009 at 10:16 PM.

Speaking of clueless, the CEO of the company and the president of Parks and Resorts do not establish food prices.

• Goofy

then who establishes food prices? jinkies.

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by jcruise86 View Post
    $36 dollars, not $28,
    unless you think of the automatically included tax and gratuity as maaaaaaaagic money that you don't really spend.

And correct, no one is forcing me, but as a Disney freak I am subject to a force that pulls me into anything Disney. Then my frugal self says, "No, you are NOT going to pay $36 for a BBQ meal" and I'm so pissed off by this inner conflict that I'm dashing out messages on Miceage at 10:57 p.m.

In King's great "Letter From Birmingham Jail" he wrote of the frustration of not being to take his daughter to a segregated amusement park. Of course even an American earning minimum wage could save up for a day at Disneyland for his kids with $36 BBQ meals, but I do know kids in L.A. who have never been to Disneyland or have only been there once and the only reason is because their parents could not or would not spend the money.

Introducing a $36 BBQ during this recession seems a tad clueless.
    For less than $36 you can go to Goofy's Kitchen and get all you can eat, so yeah, I would think $36 is way out of the park.
    Look at Rancho. They use to have the best BBQ and then the menu was changed many years ago and the BBQ is small portions and crap food. As soon as they find something good, they change it and in MOST cases the change is not for the better.
    But to the person who mentioned about not being forced to buy, your right.
    But at the same time, when you have an audience that is right there, you'd think they'd want to keep them vs giving the business to the places surrounding DL. (and yes, many will pay that price....single people, but I'll GUESS most families won't/can't). Walt wanted a park that all could enjoy and that didn't exclude people....if they keep prices going like that, many people/families will be under that umbrella.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Hall Of Promise

It's hard to IMAGINE what this meal comes with. Until I know what the experience is and where the money is going, then, and only then, will I praise or condemn the restaurant.

But this just seems silly to me. This is like complaining that seafood is so expensive.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by jcruise86 View Post
    And correct, no one is forcing me, but as a Disney freak I am subject to a force that pulls me into anything Disney.
    This is not a valid argument.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Minion

I mean to get upset that 36 bucks a plate is expensive is correct. Prices should be fair and for the market it sells to. However, in a place like Disneyland that offers more restaurants and places to eat than half of the cities in town you cant hate them for raising the price on one of their restaurants.

Just eat at other places and i highly doubt that some family is going to have a terrible day because the BBQ place is to expensive. Their kids would cry more if they couldnt get an ice cream bar over BBQ sandwiches.
    "I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I have ever known."-Walt Disney

Hope I was helpful!

• The line's too long...

How are the portions? It does sound like a lot of food from what has been described. Perhaps two can split it and then it's only $18 each. Anyone have a pic of what they actually serve you?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast