• Banned User

Whats with the misplaced sensor in Pinocchio's Daring Journey?

Something i forgot to mention in my Trip report!

Another faboulous thread about Pinocchio's Daring journey!

At the end of the ride, after i passed Pinoke and Gepetto i was turning around to my friend in the backseat to get some eye drops for my contacts because they were drying up. All the sudden, while my arm was outreached i hear a pre recorded voice saying, the usual spiel "please keep your hands and legs in the cart at all times". i accidentally triggered the censor that is hidden under the shelf where we see Sir Jiminy with his new Concious badge!!!

I was just wondering, why is it there? SHOULDNT it be in the part where we see the poor donkey children? in the room where the "jackass" children steal the yellow bow tie from the second donkey? Yes its true, the yellow bow tie, on the second donkey has become Disneylands new "snow white apple" because its easy to steal, and people with long arms can steal it. I mean, being the fact Pinocchio is my favorite ride, I myself considered stealing it but i realized i could never do such a act of disrespect to Disneyland and i, also have a conscious LOL.
    Heres a picture of the donkey i am talking about..

See the one to the right with the yellow bow tie? thats the one! a censor could be easily installed on the inside on the right wall parallel to the bow tie to stop the bow tie thieves.

i usually do Pinocchio multiple times a visit and i notice that the bow tie has been stolen again by someone on the second time around. there obviously is not a camera around the area, but why not a sensor? Why is it under the shelf???
    Last edited by FeistyFigaro; 04-03-2009 at 02:31 AM.

Re: Whats with the misplaced sensor in Pinocchio's Daring Journey?

There are sensors all over the place in all the dark rides. There's one where you're talking about too.

• Anaheim Born & Raised

There are sensors all over that last room. It's because everything is so close to the cars. They don't want people reaching out and touching everything..paint wear and tear, chipping etc. The sensor directly under Jiminy Cricket is there for Jiminy Cricket, each one of those pieces is hand carved and hard to replace. Every Jiminy Cricket on that ride is very carefully monitored. As to the yellow bow being the new apple..they have always both been targets for pilfering.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by mrfantasmic View Post
    There are sensors all over the place in all the dark rides. There's one where you're talking about too.
    then why does the tie keep going missing?