• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

DLR AP Appreciation Days - April 19th through the 25th

As mentioned in today's "In the Parks" column, and if you are not reading it.... Why Not? It has the latest news and photos from the SoCal area. (Heck, I am feeling like the king of free food offers lately

But for those who missed it... From Disneyland.com/ap

http://adisneyland.disney.go.com/med..._Days_2009.pdf

Yep, some great deals.... And even a sale on Tequila!!!!!
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Rock Star Minion

Re: DLR AP Appreciation Days - April 19th through the 25th

Sorry, I never read the "In the Parks" column. I read Miceage for the insightful (and riot-inciting) opinionated columns.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Lowering Expectations

AP appreciation days, as in "We'd really really appreciate it if you'd shop and dine in Disney-owned venues, pretty please?"
    Follow news-savvy @DLtoday on Twitter by clicking on the banner below:

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    Sorry, I never read the "In the Parks" column. I read Miceage for the insightful (and riot-inciting) opinionated columns.
    Interesting comment, can you explain further why you think I have to cause riots. Heck, I specifically avoided covering the Unite HERE Union event last night... If anyone wants to cause a riot, it would be the Disneyland Hotel Union. (Now, as far as I can tell, the majority of actual CM's that work for the Hotels disagree with much of what their Union does in "publicity").

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer View Post
    Interesting comment, can you explain further why you think I have to cause riots. Heck, I specifically avoided covering the Unite HERE Union event last night... If anyone wants to cause a riot, it would be the Disneyland Hotel Union. (Now, as far as I can tell, the majority of actual CM's that work for the Hotels disagree with much of what their Union does in "publicity").
    You don't have to, unless you want me to read it.

Plus, I'm usually at work and I can't see the pictures, which are the best parts.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Banned User

RATS, all those deals dont appeal to me at all. oh well. Thanks for the update tho!

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    You don't have to, unless you want me to read it.
    Great NON answer, you come in here and "slam" me, and then when I ask nicely what issues you have with my column, you refuse to answer.

I would love to hear complaints, as that is how I can change and make the column better.... Public, or private, whichever you prefer, please let me know what your issues with the column are.

Do I have opinons and express them... Heck Yes!

Do I try to cause Riots.. NO!

Do I try and make people think... YES!

Do I agree with everything that Disney does.. NO!

Do I like a lot of what Disney offers... Yes!

Do I mention NON-Disney things - Heck, Yes!, as life is not JUST about Disney, and there are many other things to enjoy in life!

Thanks for the info! I'll be there either the 19th or 20th so I may check out some stuff at WOD.

• What do u mean u people?

Do I mention NON-Disney things - Heck, Yes!, as life is not JUST about Disney, and there are many other things to enjoy in life!
    But your column is called "in the parks" and often times theres a lot of material that doesnt really have anything to do with "in the parks".

For example, I dont classify the Wax Museum as a theme park. Nor information about free tacos from Jack in the Box or happy hour drink specials at Moe's Tavern. Is it newsworthy? Depends on who youre asking. But neither sways my decision to visit a theme park, unless Moe's Tavern is inside the theme park.

And if I want sports commentary I watch ESPN.

And yes, while ESPN may report non-sports news now and then (presidential campaigns, natural disasters, all that maybe somehow affect the sports world) I don't see them sticking Monorail Orange in the top ten plays on Sportscenter. Unless maybe the Stanley Cup was taking a ride on it.

Leave the sports commentary to sports writers and the food reviews to Zagats. So maybe tone back a tad on the non-parks material?? Or keep the same tone of the column but change the title.

• Rock Star Minion

Great NON answer, you come in here and "slam" me, and then when I ask nicely what issues you have with my column, you refuse to answer.

I would love to hear complaints, as that is how I can change and make the column better.... Public, or private, whichever you prefer, please let me know what your issues with the column are.

Wow. Let's back up the bulldozer a bit. You ask why. Then you get all defensive. Don't ask if you don't want to hear the answer.

1. I did not slam you. Not even "slam" you.
    2. I don't read them because I generally don't have an interest in what is going on in the parks at a specific day or week, as the title implies. I go maybe once or twice a year, in order to keep my enjoyment level where I prefer it.
    There are thousands of other posters who do want to know, in order to plan their twice-weekly trips based on important info that you might be imparting (again, I don't know).
    3. Now, if you change the name to "DarkBeer's take on Stuff," (top of head idea), maybe I'd read it. That would be something I'd enjoy.
    4. Lastly, I'll repeat, I cannot see the pictures when I'm at work!! All I get are big blank spots. I want to see them, but I'd rather not add frustration to my day. And I don't think this is your fault, but it is more the fault of my company's screening out of the pics somehow. (The other day, I was able to see everything from everywhere. (I mean everything!) Websense is the nanny here.) And you already know how great the pictures are.
    5. Really lastly, I never know when a new column is posted. I don't go to MiceAge, unless Kevin or Al have columns (which is evident in the posting in their forums). (And Steve's too.) You don't have an "In the Parks" forum. Or, is it someplace that I'm not looking?
    6. I think you'll do what you want to do, regardless of what I think of it. (I would, too. Screw the critics!)

• Rock Star Minion

AP Appreciation Days: "Please come to DTD and spend your money," because, apparently, you are not spending enough. the soon-to-close sushi place should have done this.

• Rock Star Minion

OK, I read through your most recent one.

Dirty Laundry Update: interesting. You are, in effect, taking up the torch for what Al used to do long time ago, before Ouimet made finding rust a near impossibility. Al had it easy, with Pressler/Harriss.
    Also, try to keep a note of when you posted the deficiency and when it was fixed. Good to know someone important is reading.

Major Monorail News: interesting. I'm trying to keep up with monorail stuff. Which ones are Mark 29's again? Are you saying the new red one already needs a refurb? Was this due simply to overuse, or is it something in the design, plus overuse?