Thread: Solo trip tips?

• Banned User

Solo trip tips?

Alright, my parents have brunch in Laguna Beach tomorrow and have a few things to do here and there all day and I'm going to be dropped off at DL tomorrow and I'm staying there all day. I've been going to the park for years but this is the first time I've ever gone alone. I have a pretty good plan set out; use single rider lines when I can, bring my ipod for lines, but I'm not 100% sure what I'm doing since I've never really done this before haha. Any tips/suggestions before I go?

• hogwarts + disneyland = ♥

Re: Solo trip tips?

ooh have fun!! and it will be nice to take advantage of the single rider since i never have. i've never gone alone, but if there's anything you've ever wanted to do but there were others in your group..do it! i like to relax and people watch sometimes..it's fun. let us know what you end up finding fun/not so fun to do when on a solo trip!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Mmmmmm rib tips.

Here's a tip, do a bunch of stuff that you never done before, if that's even possible. Go eat somewhere you never eaten before. Explore the hotel grounds. Explore Pirate's Lair to your heart's content. Go on every fantasyland ride possible. Go see.. yes.. even princess fantasy fair.

If you have a camera, you can make a photo scavenger hunt or something.... for example when I was in Asia, my goal was to catch anyone picking their nose. For Disneyland, maybe you can shoot ever CM who's on their personal cell phone. Take a picture of every balloon Disneyland currently sells. Or pick one kind of balloon and everytime you see it, take a picture.

Have fun!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• hogwarts + disneyland = ♥

oh and my sorority is going there tomorrow but i can't go tomorrow..so you can just find them and hang out with them lol

• Banned User

Thanks for the tips guys!

Expect a TR tomorrow night or Sunday afternoon.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Basically it boils down to this: do what you want, when you want. Simple as that, and doesn't get much better.

• Storyteller

Going by yourself once and awhile is really awesome. You can see/do whatever you want. It's really a special feeling.

• Banned User

try to get there early, that way there wont be a long line of cars to get into the parking structure, in addition to the wait in line to get into the park will be short as well.

when you get in...... be sure to go on the rides that will draw the longest lines later on in the day: e-tickets in general like pirates, haunted mansion, (fantasyland attractions), splash mountain, etc. [[[[[[[[ UBER IMPORTANT: If you are going to eat at a fine dining restaurant like blue bayou, a reservation before you go ((usually a couple of days to a week before you go is a good idea)) is recommended, as walk in seating is not always a guarantee ]]]]]]]]. if you are going to get pictures of key areas in the park like the train station(s), the castle, the "partners" statue, etc, get the pictures early in the day while business is slow. when it picks up later in the day and everyone is walking through the park(s) is not the time to try to snap a picture of the castle, because EVERYONE will try to do the same. in additon to of course, all of the other suggestions in the other postings

above all else, I agree with everyone : JUST HAVE FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Lycanthropic Tendencies

i've actually done this quite often, as most of my friends don't have passes, and its actually quite fun. i too always bring my Ipod and i like to get on my fave rides first and as often as i want, thats the best thing, being able to reride ur faves without worrying about complaining friends lol. and checking out rides or attractions, eateries etc, that u never have been to or rarely get a chance to.
    "Yep, I've said it before and I'll say it again. Life moves pretty fast and if you don't stop to take a look around once in a while you could miss it."

Lucas

• DJ Ben

I've been going solo for 6 years and there's nothing like it, I like Coheteboys idea with taking pictures I'll have to try that next time.

• steven.

couldn't agree more with what everyone's said so far.
    it's your day, do as your heart desires...hahaha.

the first time i went alone i spent the whole day watching shows + parades, + taking pictures because that's what i enjoy most. it was nice not having to deal with friends/family who usually just want to go on rides.

plus in between i just had fun exploring the resort. i also window shopped a bit, which i seem to find very fun for some reason, hahahaha.

anyways have fun!
    i've got no strings.

I've been soloing for a long time now and it rocks. You do what you want, when you want, how many times you want!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by bcc View Post
    i've been soloing for a long time now and it rocks. You do what you want, when you want, how many times you want!
    ayep!!!!!!