Page 101 of 135 FirstFirst ... 5176919899100101102103104111126 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 2019

• Senior Minion

Re: Disney's California Adventure Project Tracker IV

I was just checking out the Mattercam and they are running the Fun Wheel really fast right now. Kind of interesting.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Now 40% less bitter!

Aren't they removing the desert theme from Condor Flats? That way, there won't be an overwhelming desert theme.
    The name of Carsland could always change, just as Bear Country in DL changed into Critter Country. As has been mentioned, it could retain the name of Carsland and not simply be about the film. It could become an homage to all of the roads that lead into California. Right now I'm thinking of the 10 freeway (go with me for a moment) which ends (or begins) in Santa Monica. And look, DCA has a Pier, too!
    It can work.
    Oo-de-lally!

Quote Originally Posted by AliKzam View Post
    Aren't they removing the desert theme from Condor Flats? That way, there won't be an overwhelming desert theme.
    The name of Carsland could always change, just as Bear Country in DL changed into Critter Country. As has been mentioned, it could retain the name of Carsland and not simply be about the film. It could become an homage to all of the roads that lead into California. Right now I'm thinking of the 10 freeway (go with me for a moment) which ends (or begins) in Santa Monica. And look, DCA has a Pier, too!
    It can work.
    ur right, the 10 freeway ends in santa monica. it actually dumps into highway 1 (otherwise known as pacific coast highway). But anyways, im not sure if i personally like the homage to roads that lead into california. I think i like the automobile concept in general just because of the huge car culture in cali.

• Now 40% less bitter!

Quote Originally Posted by DlandresortCalifan View Post
    ur right, the 10 freeway ends in santa monica. it actually dumps into highway 1 (otherwise known as pacific coast highway). But anyways, im not sure if i personally like the homage to roads that lead into california. I think i like the automobile concept in general just because of the huge car culture in cali.
    It's cool. I remember hearing once that California had more freeways than any other state, so my mind went there. Obviously we'll all have to wait to see what happens over time.
    Oo-de-lally!

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    As amazing as CARSland has the potential of being, it shouldn't be what it is limited to. And that's ultimately the problem with DCA. They have rides that need a home so the lands are designed around them, rather than the other way around.

Condor Flats seems like a very similar style theme as Carsland.. it's a desert. (heck, right now you meet Lightning and Mater in Condor Flats)

Hopefully not everything in CARSLAND is themed to the movie. That'd be a waste. It would be as bad as renaming Frontierland as APPLE DUMPLING GANG LAND. Who cares if it's a success or not... it's the principle of it all.
    At the moment the drawings show that all the attractions are Cars Themed.

• Now 40% less bitter!

Hmm, slow afternoon. Everyone must be working or something?
    Oo-de-lally!

• DCA FTW!

Hmm, slow afternoon. Everyone must be working or something?
    I was thinking the same thing, I'm sure some one will post some new info soon

Any how, wasn't the TLM construction supposed to start with the golden dreams tear down last week?
    Everybody's got a laughin' place-
    trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it.

• Pilot EdForceOne

unfortunately we haven't had any real thought provoking photos of late

We have the manifolds which have appeared on the WOC platform, but not much else. The big black pipe has grown, but I don't recall a photo showing where it terminates
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• I'm not really here

What we need are some good up close shots of individual elements instead of the entire lagoon shot from 360 degrees. That way we can start talking about individual components of the show and how they will fit together and be used.

We've got the big picture for now, time for the minutiae. Once things have progressed further and most of the fountains are in again, it will be time for big picture again.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Thinking about doughnuts

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    unfortunately we haven't had any real thought provoking photos of late
    Okay. Since you guys are bored I'll post some images from last Saturday. I've only looked through some of them and concentrated on trying to figure out what hardware they're using. I've got more pictures of other stuff but haven't had time to grind through them yet.

If you've seen any WOC construction photos lately you've probably seen this:

Boo! They painted over the labels. But guess what. They missed a few. I got there late (I went to the Aladdin show for the humpteenth time - it's still a great show) so the light was a little low. But I pushed the unsharpen mask to ludicrous speed and the labels were still readable (more or less).

Okay, first one:

I read the main number on the box ends as 192400E4. A little searching leads to this page. $2,099.45 buys you a Grundfos 475S300-4AB PE 6"MTR 6"NPT 60 which is a 475 gallon per minute pump. You can read technical data on it here. I'm not 100% sure that this one's right because the pump is supposed to be a little over 6 feet long and the box looks a little short. Maybe there's more than one part. Or maybe it's just the angle in the picture. I don't know. But it seems like the right number. After all, it's a water pump.

This one is readable but boring.

These are just some sort of stamped metal from these guys.

Another readable one.

It says US-4653. These might be Fuji 6002-ZZ bearings but this may be completely wrong. It's too short of a number to be sure.

Another readable one:

The last digit of this one is a bit fuzzy but I read it as 96405786. That leads to this page. These ones look to be Grundfos MS 6000 30 HP submersible motors. You can see pretty pictures of them here.

• Senior Minion

Nice work Macro! Very impressive research.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• I'm not really here

Awesome job Macro. Some decent pumps if those are indeed them. Thanks for the photos and research!

I can't believe they painted out the boxes on us. That has got to be on purpose.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Senior Minion

Just for you Mycroft16.
    -Walt Disney

• Thinking about doughnuts

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    I can't believe they painted out the boxes on us.
    Yea. I wasn't happy when I saw the paint. Maybe they read MiceChat and decided to keep us in the dark.

But if they're out there and actually doing that then they should throw us a bone and stop painting over them. After all, we're helping promote their fine future show. Drumming up interest and such. Yup. Definitely helping promote their show. Yup. Leave them unpainted or we may lose interest. Got that out there?

It's cool. I remember hearing once that California had more freeways than any other state, so my mind went there. Obviously we'll all have to wait to see what happens over time.
    yeah california has a RIDICULOUS amount of freeways, especially in so cal. Just to get from my home to the college I attend (which is 40 mins from where i live) i have to go on FIVE different freeways!! Thats why people from out of state sometimes have a hard time getting to where they need to go because you have to go on so many different freeways. anyways that is off topic. Someone mentioned in an earlier post about when the little mermaid ride would go down for construction. TLM ride starts construction in may (a specific date i believe is posted on the first page of the project tracker) after the restrooms in the san francisco buildings are completed.