Page 51 of 135 FirstFirst ... 2641484950515253546176101 ... LastLast

• JMUBOY - 30 Yrs Of Magic!

Re: Disney's California Adventure Project Tracker IV

Quote Originally Posted by Imagineerfan View Post
    I saw them installing them on Saturday. They are definitely LEDs that are being snapped into the frame with "bulb" covers being added over top to give them an authentic "bulb" look.

The LEDs had about 6 LEDs in each socket so that would seem to indicate they will have the ability to change color.

Sounds like that's a very neat modern touch hidden inside an authentic looking light bulb cover. Attention to detail is always a good thing!
    WALT'S DISNEYLAND DEDICATION SPEECH! - To all who come to this happy place, welcome! Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth can savour the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will become a source of joy, and inspiration to all the world.

When do the other shops go down ? now that the games are open, should they be down, its April Already

Another great reason for using the LED's regardless of whether they change color or not is the life of the LED. Some sign grade LED's are rated at 100,000 hours of use. That would be 22 years if used 12 hrs a day. That means a few years from now Al won't be posting pictures of Mickey's fun wheel with burned out bulbs and wonder why they aren't replacing them! JK!

• Atomic Audioanimatronic

Hey, does anybody have a link to the mattercam? I've never seen it, and my half-hearted attempt at a google search is not getting me anywhere.

• Pilot EdForceOne

A good clean photo of the full mickey face is posted in this thread

http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...post1055278400

Looks very much like the original model stuff.. not as much like the Blue Sky Cellar sketches.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by HotelNeptune View Post
    Hey, does anybody have a link to the mattercam? I've never seen it, and my half-hearted attempt at a google search is not getting me anywhere.
    webcam.hojoanaheim.com/home/homeJ.html

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

WOW!!!!!! The face looks AMAZING now that it is fully painted!! I thought it was gonna look a little freaky but it doesnt at all, now that the face is fully completed, the red accent on the ferris wheel really stands out and looks awesome! I was at first disappointed that there wasnt gonna b a dimensional mickey face, but now that I saw the picture of it completed, I'm glad its not dimensional becuz i think it would look a little freaky and weird having a dimensional head, w/ mickey's face and nose sticking out. But that's just my opinion! and as far as the closing of the shops for remodeling, im assuming they'll go down once mickey's fun wheel opens.

• Established 2005

So does this mean no interaction with World of Color? I guess there could still be some done with projection, but the prospect of the face actually winking or smiling or talking is nill.

Looks amazing, though. Very happy that this much progress has been made this week alone!

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPro View Post
    MintCrocodile has a photo of the LED lights that are within the bulb case:

Here
    Yep, those are color changing.

They are Philips Color Kinetics iColor Flex SLX. Fun product, Disney has used them before (at DHS on trees near TSMM)

Color Kinetics iColor Flex SLX

The Mickey face on the fun wheel really looks great. I'm glad they changed it. I wonder how soon the scaffolding will come down?

Quote Originally Posted by Truecoat View Post
    Some sign grade LED's are rated at 100,000 hours of use. That would be 22 years if used 12 hrs a day.
    Not to turn this into an LED thread, but this is not true, it relates to the way LEDs "fail" over time, which is gradual, not binary like conventional lights (they don't just stop working one day).

But the point is still true that they require MUCH less maintenance then all other currently available sources.

I thought I'd pitch in my two cents about LED bulbs. I do a lot of advertising on LED signs and billboards, and it's very common to have a client's board lose two or three bulbs a month if the thing is constantly on.

• Buena Vista St. & Red Car

Mint crocodile now has pictures up on mouseinfo. not sure if i can put link but here it is. [link removed] I think it looks amazing!!!
    Last edited by NeverNeverland; 04-14-2009 at 05:12 PM. Reason: link to another message board deleted

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by Santoanderson View Post
    I thought I'd pitch in my two cents about LED bulbs. I do a lot of advertising on LED signs and billboards, and it's very common to have a client's board lose two or three bulbs a month if the thing is constantly on.
    Now, is this the actual diode itself failing? Or is it the connections to the power source? Or are the diodes just made in such bulk quantity that you get bad ones in batches just like CDs come with 1 or 2 bad ones every now and then?

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Mickey's head looks awesome! I really need to see this in person!