Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Haunted Mansion Lover

Disneyland in the rain

Hi all! We are leaving for DLR tomorrow and the forecast is calling for 80% chance of rain.

Does anyone know if this will be a down poor or if it will be a steady rain off and on throughout the day?

Does anyone have any helpful tips like whether to use an umbrella or just a poncho?

I would also appreciate any other rainy day at DLR tips that you may have!

Thanks!
    Foolish Mortal

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Re: Disneyland in the rain

Where are you getting this information from?

The forecast I'm looking at says it is supposed to be 78 degrees tomorrow, partly cloudy Tuesday through Thursday with highs in the upper 60s, and then rain on Friday which is so far from today that could change as it gets closer.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

NWS has 50% chance of rain on Tuesday, but in drops to 20% in Orange County. But with the guys we have down here making the calls on the weather, it's anyone's guess. My gut tells me it won't rain much at all on Tuesday, but a fair chance of rain Tuesday night. If you want to save some $$$, buy the ponchos at Target or Walmart before coming, although you can usually find them at the parks when it begins to rain. Tomorrow looks to be warm and dry.

• Minion

Blog Entries

I love going to the park in the rain although I kinda doubt its going to. If you have a really good feeling its going to rain take a poncho from wal-mart or something (they wrap up really small) and keep it in your bag. When it rains you will have it just in case. Just remember that once it stops raining it will a lot colder and generally wet so keep the poncho on even after the rain has stopped to keep warm. Its amazing how warm those ponchos will keep you.
    Please help me raise money for children's hospitals by clicking the extra life image.

Threat of rain keeps partial crowds away. Actual rain diminishes crowds by 90%. Case in point?

Christmas Eve 2008.

• Lycanthropic Tendencies

ah Feb 9 of this yr, was a great day at DL, my mom and i were pretty much able to get on the rides that she wanted all in one day, which like never happens, but this was due to the on again off again rain that day.
    "Yep, I've said it before and I'll say it again. Life moves pretty fast and if you don't stop to take a look around once in a while you could miss it."

Lucas

• Lycanthropic Tendencies

i love the rain but i was glad that it had stopped by nite fall so they were still able to show Fantasmic.
    "Yep, I've said it before and I'll say it again. Life moves pretty fast and if you don't stop to take a look around once in a while you could miss it."

Lucas

If you are really worried about rain get yourself some "disposable" ponchos at Target in the camping section. They are less than $2.00 and come folded to about the size of a quarter of a sheet of 8 1/2 X 11 sheet of paper.

• DJ Ben

I got caught off guard when it rained in January last year for a whole week and didn't pack the right clothes. I did manage to find a poncho for $2 at one of the stores by my hotel and then later on I bought a Mickey umbrella for $10, I was just so unprepared even coming from Seattle you'd think I would learn how to manage better, lol.

• Sock Puppet

DL in the rain can be a blast!

Though you probably won't experience any this trip it is always a possibility.

Be sure and check out Mickey's Rainy Day Cavalcade on Main St.

Hey, here's a idea... Since rain is an uncommon event, maybe City Hall should come up with Rainy Day buttons!

They certainly have them for most everything else...

As long as you have a poncho or umbrella and shoes that won't soak through (having wet socks/shoes is the worse) you should have fun. Makes for a different type of experience. We went a month or so ago when we knew it was going to be raining. There was a heavy rain for a good two hours. We came towed with umbrellas and jackets so it didn't bother us.

• Banned User

I live in Seattle. We just keep on going if it rains, no matter where we go! Enjoy your time, regardless of the weather. Maybe DO get cheap ponchos somewhere, but, at the park they are about $6 each, which is outrageous.

I LOVE Disneyland in the rain! Too bad it doesn't sound like it will rain this week.
    I went Feb. 7 this year, which was a Saturday. The park was open 8am-12am with MM from 7am-8am. It rained off and on pretty steadily until about 6pm, then it didn't really rain after that. I got to the parks at 6:30am (just a short stroll from my room at the DLH) and rode so many rides that day I was done by 8pm. I could have stayed, but was tired and had ridden something 70 times. The longest wait I had all day was 15 minutes for Space Mountain around 7pm.

Space Mountain: 8
    Nemo: 1 (this ride had a long wait most of the day, rode it early)
    Autopia: 1
    Star Tours: 1
    Buzz: 1
    Matterhorn: 13 (7 on FL side, 6 on TL side)
    Alice: 2 (once at 7:45am before the rain came, once about 8pm after the rain was gone)
    Storybook Canal Boats: 1
    small world: 1
    Sleeping Beauty walk-through: 2
    Peter Pan: 1 (this ride had a long wait most of the day, rode it early)
    Mr. Toad: 2
    Pinocchio: 2
    Snow White: 2
    Roger Rabbit: 2
    BTMRR: 6
    Winnie the Pooh: 1
    Splash: 4
    Haunted Mansion: 0 (closed...only bad thing about that day!)
    PotC: 8
    Indy: 7
    Jungle Cruise: 2
    Tiki Room: 1
    Disneyland Railroad: 1 time all the way around from Tomorrowland to Tomorrowland

Sorry for the long partially off-topic post, but that was a hell of a day! The best part was that was my first visit to DL! Now I'm spoiled! When I went back in March we had lines around 45-60 minutes for the big ones. Still not bad but not nearly as nice as in Feb.!

That sounds like my day about 2 years ago. Rain, while bad for a little, is great right after.

• Hug a Billy

The Golden Horseshoe/Big Thunder Jamboree

As has been stated in posts previous, Disneyland in the rain is a blast. Crowds are down and lines are short. I tried using an umbrella once and it was not pretty so go with the cheapo poncho. As said, good shoes and socks are a must.

After living in So Cal all my life (60 years) I do not think this rain will materialize and if it does it will not be any big deal. Weather.com has taken it out of their forecast completely. Our local station, KABC 7, still shows it for Tuesday at 50%.

Whatever the weather that day, have a blast!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast