Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tomorrowland idea

I've been thinking about possible new attractions for Tomorrowland over the last couple of days (and will post them once I've thought them out some more), but just wanted to see what you guys think about one particular thing...

If a new attraction was to be built in the location of Innoventions, what would you think about the load platform utilising the People Mover/Rocket Rods platform, but new track going "backwards" into the Innoventions building (and all the PM/RR track in front of the platform being removed)?

It would be completely unnecessary (the load platform could simply be inside the building), but would you like some "activity" brought back into that area of Tomorrowland?

• =)

Re: Tomorrowland idea

Sorry, but I'd rather just see the PeopleMover track put into use. It's a simpler solution that would result in two attractions instead of one. I have, however, always liked the idea of starting an attraction outside and doing a fast launch into an indoor setting. Just not with the way our Tomorrowland is set up.

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    It's a simpler solution that would result in two attractions instead of one.
    Yes, I guess two attractions is (almost) always better than one...

I think it is time to accept that the People Mover is never to return, though, and from what I have read the track would have to be largely rebuilt to support anything more intense than that...

• Artistic integrity

Quote Originally Posted by Bryce05 View Post
    Yes, I guess two attractions is (almost) always better than one...

I think it is time to accept that the People Mover is never to return, though, and from what I have read the track would have to be largely rebuilt to support anything more intense than that...
    It's not time to throw in the towel yet.

For the last few years .. the story has been ... that WDI, most specifically Tony Baxter, is quietly stitching a New Tomorrowland together .. that will entail some sort of an attraction (similar to the 1967 Peoplemover) on that track.

All websites have been deader than a door nail, on this, in the last 6 or so months.

It would be nice if the insiders can tell us what is going on with that plan ... that had an original construction date between 2010-2012.

• =)

I disagree. It'll happen eventually.

Ok, ok, I wasn't really looking for another People Mover love thread.

Would you rather have the loading platform utilised as I described, or the track removed ALTOGETHER?

• =)

Hey, I never even rode the PeopleMover, nor have I expressed any desire for it to return. I just want something fun and thematically appropriate up on the tracks. (And as for your question, I'm a little confused - you originally suggested both, not either/or.)

Alright, let me clarify.

In my plans the People Mover is dead and gone (forever).

There is going to be a new attraction in the location of Innoventions. What do you think about the PM load platform being retained and used for the new attraction (all of the remaining track would be removed)?

The alternative is simply having the load platform for the new attraction inside the building (and the PM track AND platform removed). Either way, the PM track is gone.

• =)

In my plans the People Mover is dead and gone (forever).

There is going to be a new attraction in the location of Innoventions. What do you think about the PM load platform being retained and used for the new attraction (all of the remaining track would be removed)?

The alternative is simply having the load platform for the new attraction inside the building (and the PM track AND platform removed). Either way, the PM track is gone.
    If I had to pick between those two options, I'd pick the first one, provided it made sense for the attraction. But I don't have to, so I still pick the track remaining and being used for a new attraction and Innoventions being replaced with something new.

people mover was boring anyway! that was the "lets take a nap for 20 minutes ride"

They should add something 'Little Green Men' related. Maybe a fast moving ride, not necessarily a roller coaster, where the cabins are shaped like UFOs and its the martian's turn to save the earth. They could even add laserguns to "shoot" the bad guys while on the ride.
    Shopping:

1. www.disneystore.com
    2. http://www.mouseshoppe.com
    3. http://www.laughingplacestore.com
    4. "Disneyland Delivears" (800) 362-4533, [email protected]

Want to learn how to live more healthy? www.losenowandkeepitoff.com for more info ([email protected])

• Artistic integrity

I'm trying to remain confident ...
    That whatever imagineering has been kicking around for the Peoplemover tracks, for the last several years ..... Is going to be another relaxing ride EVERYONE can enjoy. That was the beauty of the peoplemover. The baby, the kids, Mom, Grandpa ..... the whole family. Those who can't breath without an adrenaline fix can go on Space Mountain, Star Tours, Matterhorn, Big Thunder, Indy .... or go hop over to Screamin', ToT, and the future Radiator Springs Racers.

And I'm sure Tony is also aware MANY of us are getting pretty sick and tired of movie tie-in TOON fixes.

It's more than enough we have talking fish, and giant size space ranger toys. Some of us .. like a fun Tomorrowland .. but we don't want to feel like it's a land devoted to kindergarten through 4th grade set either.

^ The idea I'm working on fits that description. But I'm not sure whether some of the Tomorrowland purists will like it. I'll post it some time this week hopefully.

Stitch Encounter anyone?

• Fancy that...

Quote Originally Posted by rooby View Post
    people mover was boring anyway! that was the "lets take a nap for 20 minutes ride"

They should add something 'Little Green Men' related. Maybe a fast moving ride, not necessarily a roller coaster, where the cabins are shaped like UFOs and its the martian's turn to save the earth. They could even add laserguns to "shoot" the bad guys while on the ride.

I'm with TL_1967 on this one...

ew

There are other alternatives...The Peoplemover cabins could be enhanced with cool lighting, TV screens with a narration...the tunnels and overall show could be enhanced without making it a movie tie in or being interactive...we have that in BLAB already. It doesn't need to go much faster and as i've heard it would be impossible anyways with how the Rocket Rods were always breaking down.

Just add scenes and effects to the tunnels and we have an entertaining peoplemover ride. I think people forget that The Peoplemover was never intended to be a big E ticket, it was a representation of possible future transportation, same as the monorail.

• Hello

Cool Re: Tomorrowland idea

Quote Originally Posted by rooby View Post
    What's wrong with napping? It's nice to just rest your feet on a ride instead of on a bench.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast