HELP PLEASE- Disney needs new ideas!

Please help me explain this. Non Disney fans have been pointing this clip out to me and i dont even know how to respond

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zL6FYxIuJlA"]YouTube - Disney's templates - ??????? ??????[/ame]

Re: HELP PLEASE- Disney needs new ideas!

"There is nothing new under the sun." - The Bible

Show business has a long tradition of "borrowing" ideas from the past and reworking/recycling them. This "borrowing" has been done countless times in countless films, TV shows, stage productions, theme parks and, yes, even cartoons.

Your video compares various visual cartoon cliches that Disney has used over and over. Why do they use them over and over? Because they work and they're effective (and they save the studio some money, too).

It's easy to find lots of examples of great concepts/ideas/cliches that Disney has recycled over and over and over again.
    Last edited by Mark Dewd; 04-08-2009 at 03:26 AM.

• Dept. 41 and Club 55

Plus it can be far less expensive to create a new animation by simply tracing over already existing work. Another method is to film a live person doing the actions of the characters, then draw over them. It's called rotoscoping. It also produces a much more life-like animation and better end result. It's been done that way for years, many times by many studios, including Disney.

• Disney aficionado

Hahaha.. I almost feel when I'm watching a Disney movie, no matter what it is, like I've seen this before. Well, sometimes I actually have seen the same movie twice like once when I was a child on VHS and once as a grown up on DVD. However, those similiarities in the movies I'm sure add to my sense of Deja Vu. Little kids don't pick up on things like that though, they just mix it all up.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

Quote Originally Posted by Sosai X View Post
    Plus it can be far less expensive to create a new animation by simply tracing over already existing work. Another method is to film a live person doing the actions of the characters, then draw over them. It's called rotoscoping. It also produces a much more life-like animation and better end result. It's been done that way for years, many times by many studios, including Disney.
    Yup, exactly. In fact they did this with their very first animated movie, Snow White. They filmed Marge Champions movements and then drew that. I wouldn't even be surprised if there are "recycled" scenes in that movie from their previous shorts and such.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

• =)