Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Dumbo To Fly With Tinker Bell In "Magical" Fireworks

Sounds awesome.

Wishes at WDW was suppose to have multiple flying characters including the Genie from Aladdin. I am all for it.

• Yo!

How is a Tinker Bell that doesn't even flap her wings anymore believable than a Dumbo that doesn't flap his ears?
    "Keep Moving Forward."

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by 1FoolishMortal View Post
    How is a Tinker Bell that doesn't even flap her wings anymore believable than a Dumbo that doesn't flap his ears?
    Because Tinker Bell isn't a static piece of fiberglass on a string.

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    I can't really say without knowing the "plot" of the show. If there is a purpose to have both up there, then I'm all for it. If it is merely to show off... then I'm against it.
    Plot? Firework shows are mostly just showing off anyways. That is the nature of spectaculars.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicBear View Post
    Plot? Firework shows are mostly just showing off anyways. That is the nature of spectaculars.
    I disagree. Especially with RDCT. There's a loose story line.

• 525,600 minutes...

three blocks from the happiest place on earth

it depends on the scaling of dumbo. if he is the same size of tink, then no.

Die Vampire, Die!!!

• MC, this is LD

I don't know if now would be a good idea to implement the living character initiation program. Talk about a high wire feat!

That would be cool if Dumbo had a platform he sat on, then plunged off, and just near the ground he swept back up and did his thing...

--KAN

• :)

Peter Pan.

• Mortals pay a token fee.

I don't really quite understand how two (or more) characters would work. From the looks of it, Tink jumps out of the Matterhorn and cannot be returned to that position which is why she always returns to her pine tree. This means a few things...

A) IF Tink is not able to return to the Matterhorn, they will have to create an entirely new harness, which I'm sure wouldn't be too expensive for Disney though...

B) I am under the impression that the platform on the pine tree is very tiny. How are they going to fir both Tink and Dumbo on there? Especially, as previously mentioned, if Dumbo is "to scale" and much larger than Tink?

I'm not quite so sure about this Dumbo thing as it seems very improbable and difficult to do. I understand that the riggings they now have up are much more complicated than the original zip line they had up, though I don't know how an elephant would work out. Would they be able to control movements remotely, or would a puppeteer have to ride along? You're all right that a cardboard cut out would be preposterous, but it's Disney so we'll have to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrimGrinner View Post
    I don't really quite understand how two (or more) characters would work. From the looks of it, Tink jumps out of the Matterhorn and cannot be returned to that position which is why she always returns to her pine tree. This means a few things...

A) IF Tink is not able to return to the Matterhorn, they will have to create an entirely new harness, which I'm sure wouldn't be too expensive for Disney though...

B) I am under the impression that the platform on the pine tree is very tiny. How are they going to fir both Tink and Dumbo on there? Especially, as previously mentioned, if Dumbo is "to scale" and much larger than Tink?

I'm not quite so sure about this Dumbo thing as it seems very improbable and difficult to do. I understand that the riggings they now have up are much more complicated than the original zip line they had up, though I don't know how an elephant would work out. Would they be able to control movements remotely, or would a puppeteer have to ride along? You're all right that a cardboard cut out would be preposterous, but it's Disney so we'll have to wait and see.
    For RCT Tinkerbell actually flew back and forth with a mechanical device traveling the wire. I would assume that the save device could be made to carry dumbo which could have mechanical effects such and ears flapping etc. The highlight is moving back and forth and being able to have the body turn so it does not look like he is being dragged around but choosing to turn. I think it would be better if they could do it with out a person for safty and cost.

They could some time rig three 'balls' of light for the Sleeping Beauty Fairys who could be part of the show. That would be pretty cool.

• hogwarts + disneyland = ♥

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    I can't really say without knowing the "plot" of the show. If there is a purpose to have both up there, then I'm all for it. If it is merely to show off... then I'm against it.
    definitely with you. you can't make too much of a judgment call until we even really know all about Magical....dumbo could be a wonderful addition or a completely horrible idea.

and someone said that there isn't a plot with the fireworks....well, have you been paying attention when you watch them bc they most certainly do have a plot. it's not like a solid movie type storyline. but it's not just some background music with any old fireworks going at any time. it's well thought out as to what music and what type of firework will express the right emotion/action...

flower gleam & glow...

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by ManaByte View Post
    How about Stitch riding Dumbo?
    Memo to self: do not read ManaByte posts with a mouthful of coffee!

"With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicBear View Post
    Remember had a very definite story to it. You were introduced to Disneyland and allowed to hear the dedication. Tinkerbell did her "intro thing" just like in the TV specials and set off the fireworks around the castle with her wand.

You were then placed at the Main Street Station with the train whistle and allowed to "visit Main Street" before a magical tour around Disneyland... just as if you were riding the train through all of these lands. Your first stop, the Tiki room, and then Indy before getting Pirates and HM, etc... ending with Tomorrowland.

Then there is a finale that wraps up how Disneyland has influenced so many people and will continue to do so.

The holiday fireworks also have loose stories to them.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Bring Your Own Redemption

The whole idea sounds a bit tacky to me. What makes Tinker Bell work so well is her costume. It's all nicely lit up, and with the spotlights on her, she stands out beautifully against the dark sky and can be seen from a good distance away.

Isn't Dumbo gray? How's that going to look with the spotlights? I wonder how the Dumbo costume would look like, too. Tinker Bell is just a fairy, so she only wears a small costume with wings attached and a mask. How are they going to pull off an elephant flying through the air?
    Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.

~Ralph Waldo Emerson

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by »PW View Post
    The whole idea sounds a bit tacky to me. What makes Tinker Bell work so well is her costume. It's all nicely lit up, and with the spotlights on her, she stands out beautifully against the dark sky and can be seen from a good distance away.

Isn't Dumbo gray? How's that going to look with the spotlights? I wonder how the Dumbo costume would look like, too. Tinker Bell is just a fairy, so she only wears a small costume with wings attached and a mask. How are they going to pull off an elephant flying through the air?
    Sheesh, have you no faith in TDA Entertainment? Dumbo is only the beginning of a new Super Sky Spectacular! Soon they'll have Peter Pan flying around with Tinker Bell, too! And Wendy and Peter and John! And the crows from Dumbo and the 3 Good Fairies from Sleeping Beauty and those cute li'l flying horses from Fantasia! Strap a JATO unit on Stitch's butt and send him up there, too! It ain't magic without more, more, MORE!!! BWAAAHAHAHAAH!

*choke, wheeze!*

...*thud*
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast